My Top 10 Overrated Films

Tools    

I have to agree with most of that list. I still have no clue how the transformers series made so much money. The first one was so bad I turned it off less than an hour into it because I couldn't take anymore.

Iron Fitness: http://ironfitnessonline.com/

The Amazing Spider Man( Film was madly mediocre)
Iron Man 2
Munich(might get some flak for this)
Savages(story was weak)
Transformers(all of them)
Spider Man 3
Inglorious Basterds(good film but just a bit overrated)

I know there's more..I just cant think of anymore.

Chinatown, No Country, Raging Bull,Requiem, Lost in Translation, Donnie Darko, The Matrix.

1. The Hangover Part II
2. The Hangover Part II
3. The Hangover Part II
4. The Hangover Part II
5. The Hangover Part II
6. The Hangover Part II
7. The Hangover Part II
8. The Hangover Part II
9. The Hangover Part II
10. The Hangover Part II

Never should've let my friends drag me to that.

Why do think it was 'madly mediocre'?
I guess I was expecting more, since I really enjoyed the first 2. It just seemed like most of the characters were recycled (now that I think about it they were).
But I was expecting more from the characters and from the story. I guess what I really wanted was a better made sequel than 3, since I was a fan of the early 90's animated series. Also It claimed to be a more mature, darker Spider Man. It just seemed like all they did was replace the actors.

I don't agree with "Casablanca" making part of the list. As for the rest, you have my support.
I don't see "Taxi Driver" as overrated. It's a mark of cinema's history and a fantastic character study by Paul Schrader (writer) and master Scorsese.

WATCHMEN...3 hrs wasted in my opinion. Cant STAND that movie.

I guess I was expecting more, since I really enjoyed the first 2. It just seemed like most of the characters were recycled (now that I think about it they were).
But I was expecting more from the characters and from the story. I guess what I really wanted was a better made sequel than 3, since I was a fan of the early 90's animated series. Also It claimed to be a more mature, darker Spider Man. It just seemed like all they did was replace the actors.
I agree, I just BOUGHT the movie without watching it first....so angry. IMO it was the worst plot progression I have ever seen in a movie.

Overrated doesn't necessarily mean bad. It just means that it is not as good as people make it out to be.

Shawshank Redemption is really overrated in my opinion..

So is Everything made by Disney after 1977 (Winnie the Pooh was the last real disney movie)

And Juno is kinda overrated too.. I mean, it's okay, but i don't think it's brilliant or amazing as everyone says it is

And I've never really seen the magic in Forrest Gump either..

I could go on.. but i won't bore you with more movies i love to hate

bye!

International Woman of Mystery
I was a hater of Cast Away....pissed off my mother (just royal snooze fest)
Hated The Dark Night...pissed off my friends (just bugged me how his voice changed with the suit....like he was a smoker)
The Royal Tanenbaums was very hard to invest in
Hot Tub Time Machine was a waste of time I will never recover

I was a hater of Cast Away....pissed off my mother (just royal snooze fest)
Hated The Dark Night...pissed off my friends (just bugged me how his voice changed with the suit....like he was a smoker)
The Royal Tanenbaums was very hard to invest in
Hot Tub Time Machine was a waste of time I will never recover
I forgot about Cast Away; I didn't like that film at all-I was so bored.

I don't think Hot Tub Time Machine is overrated. I really liked it and I thought I was one of the only ones who did.

I didn't see the other two.