final fantasy
men in black 2
Roller Ball(that piece of ****)
Judge Dredd

question for the topic starter,why the hell did you go see us marshalls

I must become Caligari..!
Austin Powers 2 & 3

WHY OH WHY
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Put me in your pocket...
Continueing my list...

Y Tu Mama Tambien
One Night at McCools's
Final Fantasy
Moulin Rouge
French Kiss
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
Serving Sara
Hope Floats

Put me in your pocket...
Originally posted by blibblobblib
Are you mad woman?
Nope.

Originally posted by Aniko

Final Fantasy
Moulin Rouge

With Moulin Rouge Blibblobblib is right...you're nuts !

Now Final Fantasy you have to be kidding. The animation was awesome. It was done by "Square" , the same animators who did The Final Flight of the Osiris, and the story was interesting. How can you put THAT on your list????????

I agree with Aniko's listing of Final Fantasy. Visually stunning, but ultimately vapid. Had I gone in expecting mere eye candy (or, in this case, an entire eye candystore), I wouldn't have been disappointed. But, silly me, I expected an interesting, coherent storyline, and as such was let down quite a bit.

Personally :
"Hannibal" was pretty dissapointing to me...
and how about "Unbreakable"? I expected much more from that movie!!!

Originally posted by jrs1013
No storyline???????? You sure you followed it?
No coherent storyline.

Originally posted by Milita
and how about "Unbreakable"? I expected much more from that movie!!!
Booooo.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Aniko, I agree with you about Moulin Rouge. I went into it without any preconceptions, hadn't read any spoilers or anything.

So, when I'm presented with a story supposedly set a hundred or so years ago but everyone is singing, like, elevator-music renditions of Elton John songs, well, I'm sorry, but I sat there stunned, thinking, "What the h*ll are they doing?"

It just never clicked with me. Usually if a writer puts something in that folks wouldn't have said or done or used a hundred years ago, it's considered a mistake. Now suddenly it's considered great art?

Sorry, bringing back the musical is one thing. I actually like musicals. But Moulin Rouge just didn't do it for me. Visually it was fetching, and gripping, but I would have been very upset if I had paid cold hard cash to see that movie in the theater.

Now you can all blast me if you want. That's my $.02.

Linda

Originally posted by greppin
Indeed, JPII was crappy.... It's annoying in England I can't get the first one without getting lostworld bundled in, and it's more expensive. I'm not paying money to watch Geoff (I'm a Fly) Goldwhatever run around a island crapping himself.

I thought Lord of The Rings The Two Towers was pretty disapointing compared to the first one... To much of a love story, it's all going a bit Titanic.
Too much of a love story? I didn't mind that they played up the very subtle (in the books) relationships between Aragron, Arwen and Eowyn, I thought what removed the film from the same category of excellence of the first one is the distortion of the base story.

I realize putting an epic story on screen requires judicious use of the editting floor but that is what made the first movie so good. They were able to keep intact the main thrust, feel and pace of "The Fellowship" and then in the second it was like they didn't even try.

This Story Is About Truth....This Story Is About Beauty....This Story Is About Freedom....Above All Things This Story Is About Love.......

I liked it because of...........

the breathtaking costumes......
the vibrant production numbers..........
the mix of 19th century Paris and its bohemian underground......
the over-the-top style and decadence............
the music from the late 20th century.......
the extravagance...............
and the totally outrageous start to the finish............

..........just my $0.02 worth.............

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

nikki....honey....what movie are you talking about you silly-billy???

i'm GUESSING you mean moulin rouge (this movie is about blah blah etc)...i'm possitively smitten with Ewan McGregor after watching that

Final Fantasy had a horrible script.they musta spent all their money on the animation and bought a ****ty writer

Originally posted by n7of9
nikki....honey....what movie are you talking about you silly-billy???

Moulin Rouge .........