POLL: Most Exciting Sequel

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I think Terminator 3 will be good, but Terminator 4, thats right Terminator 4, might be better.

LOL...not bad.

Quick question: could you cut your profile down in size a bit? It's sort of our basic policy that signatures shouldn't be anymore than, say, 4 lines. You've just got blank space anyway, hehe.

who cares about star wars 2 and jurrasic park 3 both were pretty terrible compared to THE MATRIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring on the sequel!

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i'm all for the matrix, sorry!

x-men is fun, but no offense, it feels like you could get it anywhere. i can't explain, it's like vanilla ice cream. the group who made it just don't kick ass like the matrix team.

then, Terminator 3 ... I WOULD have voted for this if James Cameron had not said no to signing on. That means he knows what's what and the energy is probably all gone. This may very well likely turn out to be a dud. If it doesn't that's great, I will heartily switch allegiances but until then ...

And the matrix was originally conceived as 3 and has the same people on all 3 and is just rarin to go. it's hot. it's ready. it's most likely to create sequels that at LEAST match and will likely SURPASS the original.

In my heart, Star Wars will always be #1, but I voted for the Matrix, because it is going to be SO COOL!

Hehe...FYI: had to change the poll...accidently had "Star Wars 3" there.

On a related note: would any of you be interesting in a totally seperate Star Wars Forum site if I were to open one? I've reserved a sweet little domain that would fit it perfectly and was thinking of maybe going ahead with it at some point once MovieForums picks up.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Definitely The Matrix 2. Gotta see if we see more interaction between the Matrix world and the "real" world of those pods, etc.

Interesting to imagine how and if they're going to show us how they convert and "unhook" more people from the Matrix, and how that will affect others who are left in the Matrix. ("Hey, Joe, what happened to Charlie? He's only ever around every so often, and he's always wearing black leather and clutching a cell phone....")

Linda

I am totally exited about matrix 2 to come out in theaters.

I'm especially exited cause this time i am probably gonna get to see it in the theater. On matrix 1 my parents thought it would be bad so i was unable to enjoy the great sound effects and such, and had to listen to it on VHS.

Hopefully M2 will not have bad language/sex like the first one didn't!

i totally hated Star Wars, i thought it was the stupidest movie, and i think everyone agrees with me that jar Jar binks totally sucked! (hmm, i think i might full around in Flash 5 to make an game where you can shoot jar jar binks! lol)

That movie had no acting in it either, all computer animated practicly. Pretty boring i think.

-Brian

IGN.com held a similar poll...

The Matrix 2 - 35.7%
Star Wars 2 - 23.1%
Lord of the Rings - 17.5%
Spider-Man - 9.1%

...and several others. I guess the Matrix is #1

Sorry folks, Star Wars is dead. It's all about selling toys to the kiddies now.

I voted for Matrix.

MATRIX!

Wow, what an overwhelming response! I'm not surprised that Blair Witch has done poorly, or that The Matrix has done well...but I expected Star Wars to be right on "The Matrix's" tail.

My theory? People already have a very good idea of what will happen in the next Star Wars flick...The Matrix 2, however, is wide open - they could do a lot of different things.

I'm just wondering what will happen with Neo - it seems that he no longer has any competition. My guess is they'll find some weakness or something.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
Wow, what an overwhelming response! I'm not surprised that Blair Witch has done poorly, or that The Matrix has done well...but I expected Star Wars to be right on "The Matrix's" tail.

My theory? People already have a very good idea of what will happen in the next Star Wars flick...The Matrix 2, however, is wide open - they could do a lot of different things.

I'm just wondering what will happen with Neo - it seems that he no longer has any competition. My guess is they'll find some weakness or something.

His greatest weakness is most obvious... His 'real' self. He does not have the same power/control in the real world as he does in the matrix.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Endgame, John Wick 3, Edge of tomorrow.

Wow, this thread was revived after a 19 year slumber!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa