What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
My Avatar DVD turned up this morning WOOP WOOP watching that tonight, cant wait I havent seen it yet

A Prophet

Today, I bought this Oscar-nominated drama because a friend told me it is the best movie he's seen this year. Having just seen it, I must admit, it's great, bordering on brilliant. Watch it if you can.

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Ride with the Devil CRITERION COLLECTION

The Fugitive Kind CRITERION COLLECTION

Garbo Talks!

The Offence
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The People's Republic of Clogher

I don't really need a 'why', do I?

I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose.
The Godfather Trilogy - Coppola Restoration

I was in the mood for a boxed set, and couldn't find Back to the Future

The Godfather Trilogy - Coppola Restoration

I was in the mood for a boxed set, and couldn't find Back to the Future
That was a lucky escape, otherwise you'd have bought the wrong boxset.

I actually got that boxset recently, too. But some new ones and I haven't even updated my DVD thread:

Watch it about an hour ago. LOVED IT! I kid..i kid. Seymour Hoffman had his moments otherwise this was a tedious sentimental affair with very weak dialogue and cliched scenarios played out with little to no plot. I dont mind films with little plot (Assassination Of Jesse James) but this film just took the piss.

Rise of the Footsoldier is hands down on of the worst films i've ever seen. And hear Whiteout stinks as well
Really? You don't see nearly enough crap. I doubt Rise Of The Footsoldier was even the worse film I saw that year.

I've heard Whiteout is poor, too, but I have to admit I'm a still a bit interested.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Rise of the Footsoldier is hands down on of the worst films i've ever seen. And hear Whiteout stinks as well
I heard about Rise of the footsoldier via a tv programme I was watching about gangsters in UK and Carlton Leach was on there. He went on about his life in football hooliganism and then onto the Rettendon Murders. Im interested in the history of Gangsters and the Gangsters of England ie The Krays etc and as this film shows Carltons biography I thought Id pick it up and I have to say it is a good film definatly NOT a bad watch. I picked up Whiteout as it was cheap, sounds good and I liked the trailer.

Check out Essex Boys, it's essentially the same story as Footsoldier but better cast. Not a stunning film but if you like the subject.