MoFo Lists

Tools    

Death is a Caress (1949) doesn't even come up on imdb, this is the title for it there: Dřden er et kjćrtegn.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

In my attempts to break the 50% mark on the new Noir List by the end of the night I watched a pretty good Korean film, Memories of Murder, check it out if you can find it. Two more to go, thinking Point Blank for sure and haven't decided on the other yet.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0353969/

Oh, well. I did just find a nice shiny copy of Intolerance: Loves Struggle Through the Ages (1916), so I'll finally be able to get the 100 Hundred Years 100 Movies list completed. Umm, yay me.
Enjoy it, PW. I've only seen it once (and that was years ago) but I liked it.

I know others have said this, but I'll say it, too: it's a bit of a let down when you see a few films and then realize they're not on any of the lists. D'oh.

In my attempts to break the 50% mark on the new Noir List by the end of the night I watched a pretty good Korean film, Memories of Murder, check it out if you can find it. Two more to go, thinking Point Blank for sure and haven't decided on the other yet.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0353969/

Memories of Murder is pretty much my favourite Korean film

I said this . . .

I've decided to watch these movies again, before I mark any of them off my lists.
. . . last year. Apparently I was full of it. Actually, I had four different threads running on here at the same time, so I just didn't bother keeping up with posting what I'd watched. I've re-watched quite a few of these, and many new and previously viewed films that aren't even on the list, since I made that post. I never said a thing about any of them, or marked any of them off my lists. Now that those four threads are finished up, or at least don't need much attention, I plan on doing this the right way. I've already re-watched two, actually.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I said this . . .

. . . last year. Apparently I was full of it. Actually, I had four different threads running on here at the same time, so I just didn't bother keeping up with posting what I'd watched. I've re-watched quite a few of these, and many new and previously viewed films that aren't even on the list, since I made that post. I never said a thing about any of them, or marked any of them off my lists. Now that those four threads are finished up, or at least don't need much attention, I plan on doing this the right way. I've already re-watched two, actually.
It's about time!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Just a rough idea and maybe nobody will like it but I think it would be cool if when we finally got the MoFo's Top 100 list done we should maybe make a list for that. Then we can see what everyone has seen that made the list.

That's definitely the idea eventually, raul.

What do you guys think of Yahoo's 100 Movies to See Before You Die? I'm leaning against including it, if only because it seems kind of unnecessary, but the list itself seems pretty good.

It's an OK list. I think I like ours better. Are you still planning on making some new additions before long there, Yoder? Including the MoFo Horror list?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yes, that's a comprehensive "Basics" list, but you're right Chris; I think we pretty much have 95% (+?) of those covered on other lists. A non-English language list would still be nice but it could be tough finding the best one.

Yeah I linked to two of them quite some time ago but Loner dug it up back on page 13 and Yoder seemed a little more into it this time around. I think he was planning on posting it up awhile back but then he did that whole; "I'm moving into a new house" thing.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.

What do you guys think of Yahoo's 100 Movies to See Before You Die? I'm leaning against including it, if only because it seems kind of unnecessary, but the list itself seems pretty good.
I liked the list a lot actually

All good people are asleep and dreaming.

Almost all of these films are on other lists on this website, except for; Enter the Dragon, Wings of Desire, Wild Strawberries, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, The World of Apu.

Put it on Yoda, I've already seen them, I would have to rewatch Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown to be in strict adherence with the mark f rule.