What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

"Peep Show" SERIES 1-4

Brilliant. LOVE this show. Watched the entire series this week and I think I'm going to watch it all again tonight and tomorrow. The second-to-last episode, "Holiday", that's my favorite, the one that builds to the eating of the 'turkey leg' - I'm laughing just thinking about it! The whole series is fantastic. The first series is the only one currently available on R1 DVD. Pity.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

"That Mitchell & Webb Look" SERIES ONE

Also picked up "That Mitchell & Webb Look". Not as consistently brilliant as "Peep Show", but I do love these guys and many more of the sketches are hits than misses.

Just for the art inside, it's great!
Holy **** thats one of my favourite movies! I didnt know there was an extended cut! I must pick this up!

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Holy **** thats one of my favourite movies! I didnt know there was an extended cut! I must pick this up!
Yup. They completed the subplot of the guy who gave Frank up, and added a new scene about Frank's experience in Kuwait... it is amazing

Yup. They completed the subplot of the guy who gave Frank up, and added a new scene about Frank's experience in Kuwait... it is amazing
Damn. I just looked it up at a future shop and best buy near me and they dont even have it listed. Where did you get it?

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Damn. I just looked it up at a future shop and best buy near me and they dont even have it listed. Where did you get it?
Best buy...

here it is on
Ebay

on dvd heros season 1 I been wanting to get it. i got it used for 20 doallors

oLast movie i brought was Alvin and the chipmunks goes to the movie cartoon

tekkonkinkreet. i love anime. especially those with quality.

Ghostbusters I & II dvd set, and Almost famous.

...uh the post is up there...

"Peep Show" SERIES 1-4

Brilliant. LOVE this show. Watched the entire series this week and I think I'm going to watch it all again tonight and tomorrow. The second-to-last episode, "Holiday", that's my favorite, the one that builds to the eating of the 'turkey leg' - I'm laughing just thinking about it! The whole series is fantastic. The first series is the only one currently available on R1 DVD. Pity.

MASSIVE respect Holden. Peep Show is by far the funniest thing (save for Brass Eye) to be on British TV for last age. Most people noticed the slump in Series 3-4 when it moved from being a purely cult show to mainstream but currently Series 5, after 2 shows, seems to be picking up the pace. The student following it has over here is pretty impressive, the only thing i've seen touch it was the release of Hot Fuzz. Well glad you like this, and that it's being seen over the sea. How thick is wall?

"That Mitchell & Webb Look" SERIES ONE

Also picked up "That Mitchell & Webb Look". Not as consistently brilliant as "Peep Show", but I do love these guys and many more of the sketches are hits than misses.

I liked this but never watched it too much, can't really get the same Mitchell and Webb humour on the Beeb as you do on Channel 4. I'd avoid That Mitchell and Webb Situation which was their first sketch show, before Peep Show. It's pretty bad, unfortunately. And wouldn't actively recommend their feature film Magicians past curiousity- it's not as bad as the reviews say, but nowhere near Peep Show.

MASSIVE respect Holden. Peep Show is by far the funniest thing (save for Brass Eye) to be on British TV for last age. Most people noticed the slump in Series 3-4 when it moved from being a purely cult show to mainstream but currently Series 5, after 2 shows, seems to be picking up the pace. The student following it has over here is pretty impressive, the only thing i've seen touch it was the release of Hot Fuzz. Well glad you like this, and that it's being seen over the sea. How thick is wall?
I think I avoided this one for a while because I feared the first-person camera would be too gimmicky or get repetitive, but it's organic and allowing the audience to hear the thoughts of Mark and Jeremy is genius.

"Peep Show" SERIES 1-4

I'm glad that our American buddies can appreciate the best British comedy of the last decade. Peep Show is absolutely fantastic and i would have been dissapointed if the show had not expanded into the US market.

Holden, by referring to the 'turkey leg' episode you have got me laughing as well. Its completely farcical but it is one the funniest things i have seen outside of film.

Just felt like peeping up about Peep Show as well. I watched the whole first series once years ago and enjoyed it. Didn't know there were more seasons - they should come out! (on Region 1 DVD, that is)

I got BloodRayne.
It was fantastic!