moments in film history that mean something to you

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
The Fountain (Aronofsky, 2006)

I saw The Fountain in the theater, the last night of its run in my area. I was the only person in the theater, and was going through a lot of tough stuff during my separation. The film, which deals with loss, and more importantly, accepting loss, was a cathartic release for me. I pinpoint that evening as the turning point in my depression. An extremely personal and important cinematic experience for me...

Once Were Warriors

Two mates and myself went in without knowing much about the movie...we actually thought it would be a movie about gangs...so we were expecting bad acting and lot's of bullets...

What we got was a lesson in the ugliness of domestic violence and poverty. I walked out after the movie ashamed to be a Man...This is such an awesome movie that it should be compulsary viewing for all teenage boys...it will help them grow up to be better Men!

"Jake Heke: I'll kill you first!
Beth Heke: Well go on, do it! You're still a slave Jake. To your fists. To the drink. To yourself. Well go on - kill the bloody lot of us"

"Beth Heke: Our people once were warriors. But unlike you, Jake, they were people with mana, pride; people with spirit. If my spirit can survive living with you for eighteen years, then I can survive anything. "

pjr
Not for me, but a friend of mine won't buy any diamonds after seeing Blood Diamond.
Me neither.

pjr
a few...

pure (2005): when paul takes meth because his mom is a methhead. i almost cried.

turtles can fly (2004): this whole movies shows america what iraq is like because of them (us). again.. very depressing.

waitress (2007): jenna reminds me so much of my mother. she is in a similar relationship and has been for a long time.