What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

I own both movies, Caitlyn. He fits both parts equally well, doesn't he?

He was great in both of them... I also love The Buccaneer...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I am half agony, half hope.
I haven't seen that one. I'll have to add it to the list of things to see.

Johann von Goethe

A system of cells interlinked

The People's Republic of Clogher

The world's crappest photo-ist returns!

I got vol 2 of The Definitive Ealing Collection yesterday.

The Titfield Thunderbolt, The Lavender Hill Mob, Hue & Cry and Dead of Night.

Four of the greatest of all British films for £18. Not bad at all...

Nice thumb Tatty ........................... Oh and a nice purchase

Nice thumb Tatty ........................... Oh and a nice purchase
I've got hands like shovels so my thumbs were always in great demand - adverts, Paul McCartney albums, that kinda thing. Maybe it's time they went back on the road?

The Wicker Man 2006 remake.

As for why, well it was only a few pounds down at the local pawn shop and I'm quite fond of Nicholas Cage. Plus I've only scatty memories of the original so it shouldn't be an obstacle to enjoying the remake.

Nice collection you've got there Sedai.. I have yet to watch Labyrinth..

A River Run's Through It...because it was cheap and it's an amazing movie!

A River Run's Through It...because it was cheap and it's an amazing movie!

Hmmm.... I don't think I've ever seen that one... and it was in the 4.00 bin too.... so, I may be going back....

I bought Ghostbusters today (maybe for my cousin)....

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I thought it was worth $4, but as somebody around here often says, your mileage may vary. Just be glad that you aren't Indiana Jones in that regard.

Welcome to the human race...
Trainspotting - Single Disc Edition

Everywhere I look there are two versions - single disc and double disc. I picked up the single disc for A$10 (although I've seen it as high as about A$25 at least - little fuzzy on that).

The double disc, however, is always in excess of A$37. Makes me wish I'd picked it up at Blockbuster for $20. Sigh.

I just picked up Beetle Juise and Sense and Sensibility.

Beetle Juise because it was about as cheap as a rental and I haven't seen it in quite a while, and Sense and Senisility because it was cheap as a rental, I've never seen it, and I'm a Jane Austen fan, an Ang Lee fan and am developing a mild crush on Kate Winslet.

I thought it was worth $4, but as somebody around here often says, your mileage may vary. Just be glad that you aren't Indiana Jones in that regard.

Turned out, when I checked my ticket a little closer, I got Swordfish for 2.00... and I picked up A River Runs Through It last night for 2.00 also...

I just picked up Beetle Juise and Sense and Sensibility.

Beetle Juise because it was about as cheap as a rental and I haven't seen it in quite a while, and Sense and Senisility because it was cheap as a rental, I've never seen it, and I'm a Jane Austen fan, an Ang Lee fan and am developing a mild crush on Kate Winslet.

I love Sense and Sensibility and always wanted them to do a follow-up movie about the youngest sister.... let me know what you think after you watch it...

found 2 disk Departed for only $7.99 and Road to Perdition for $3.99

Since there's no thread called 'What was the last VCD you bought and why?' I'll include this here.

Bloody hard to get on DVD and I've been looking to replace my VHS copy for ages. This will do nicely.

One of the great Australian films.