Movie Tab II

Tools    

Someone (pyro ) reposted my ratings and placeall 5 buckets next to each one which I originally did not.
Considering i've been given flack for this and perhaps admittedly i've been a bit too blunt and harsh, i went and looked back over at some of your ratings and you have changed them in your post here, Spiderman 3 dropped a bucket as has Die Hard 4.0 so when i clearly changed them (which quite obviously was done since your post has your ratings in and wasn't trying to 'fool' anyone) i don't think it was that bigger deal.

As for Pimp, if you read back, someone else made the comment about Jrs' ratings and he asked for clarification which i tried to give and openly said it's 'probably an over exageration' and 'i'm not really bothered' to which he posted all his ratings despite what i stated in my post, the changed rating post was tongue in cheek and only did it because Jrs seemed to eager to prove me wrong (even by changing ratings from original posts) when, as i said, wasn't bothered. Fail to see how i've been attention seeking considering i've only just come back to the site since the few days i posted that not like i've been eagerly awaiting replies.

A system of cells interlinked
Stripes (Reitman, 1981)

Originally Posted by gummo
Is [Stripes] any good, Seds? I heard it was pretty bad...
Wuh? Where in the Hell did you hear that? Stripes is an '80s comedy classic, and an absolute must for Bill Murray fans. And THAT'S THE FACT, JACK!

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Last few movies I watched:

Knocked Up - saw this with my sister a few days ago. One of those movies where it's like "the more I think about it the less I like it" but.. I had a lot of good laughs at the time.

Citizen Kane - I saw this long, long ago and needed a refresher. It's pretty good (know that's an understatement, maybe it's just that so much of the movie has been swallowed consciously and unconsciously by others that it's hard for me to appreciate. I really enjoyed it but there are Welles movies that I enjoy even more). Think I'll make a project of rewatching everything Welles.

F for Fake - rewatched it last weekend (3rd time all the way through), and it's the reason I went back to Kane. Hilarious movie. It's all over the place and probably could have been better, for example the gag ending is a little light compared to the rest, and it doesn't look as good as Welles films usually do (even his most messy films like Othello are magnificent to look at all the way through) but it's probably one of the few ones that he got to edit the way he wanted, and there's nothing else like it that I know.

Shanghai Knights - I really like this movie. Easily my favorite Jackie's made since going to Hollywood.

Love Don't Cost a Thing - shame on me. I'm addicted to cheesy romcoms and sci-fi original movies. And every year I eagerly await the coming of "shark week".

I am having a nervous breakdance
Flags of Our Fathers (2006 - Clint Eastwood)

The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976 - Clint Eastwood)

I have to say I wasn't that impressed by Flags... The jumping between the battles on Iwo Jima and the tour in the states became irritating after a while....

The Outlaw Josey Wales though... I loved it!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

In the Beginning...
Transformers (Bay, 2007)

Not bad. Fun action/comedy with impressive special effects and an enjoyable plot. I was rather glad to see that Spielberg and company didn't attempt to "justify" the Transformers in any real-world, believable terms: they were the same silly, cheesy robots of the 1980s, and I appreciated that I wasn't expected to take them very seriously. Charming performance by Shia LaBeouf, but the rest were either unremarkable or by-the-numbers.

I wouldn't say there is anything groundbreaking here, even in the effects department (just some lofty challenges). Also, the direction of the film began to break down in the third act, but such is the nature of balancing action, drama, and comedy among an ensemble of characters human as well as machine.

I imagine this film might become the Spider-Man of its genre, spearheading a whole slew of television cartoon properties both previously tapped and untapped merely on the back of its box office successes. Don't be surprised if we see adaptations of G.I. Joe, Thundercats, and the like in the near future.

Black Snake Moan

I was surprised by how much I actually liked this movie. How can anyone not like the blues? Especially when there's sweating in it. There was also some nice booby action.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Letters from Iwo Jima (2006 - Clint Eastwood)

Now that's more like it....

A lot more focused than "Flags", imo. And a pretty daring film for Eastwood to make too. I wonder if this one would have been possible for an American director to make a few decades ago. I think it's one of Clint's best.

A system of cells interlinked
Blade (Norrington, 1998)

Black Snake Moan (Brewer, 2006)

The Bourne Supremacy (Greengrass, 2004)

The Outlaw Josey Wales though... I loved it!

Josey is my favorite Clint Eastwood....

Plunket and MacLean
(1999) 3˝5

Oh, and I love Stripes too....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Letters from Iwo Jima (2006 - Clint Eastwood)

Now that's more like it....

A lot more focused than "Flags", imo. And a pretty daring film for Eastwood to make too. I wonder if this one would have been possible for an American director to make a few decades ago. I think it's one of Clint's best.
Are you darned serious? This enemy lovin' film is good. DANRED IT TO HELL! Now I'm tempted to see it. I've really liked the rest of C. Eastwood's films but when I found out this was some enemy-sympathizing film I wanted to beat the crap out of Mr. Eastwood. This is quite the pickle, QUITE THE PICKLE MY FRIEND!

But seriously, would you recommend it to someone that would be willing to punch Clint E. in the earlobe for making a movie that says, "boo-hoo" for a past enemy?

Live Free or Die Hard - Twelve years is not too long for John McClane. Despite the PG-13 rating, this sequel holds up and is every bit as good as any of the previous installments. Time was kind to this franchise and to Bruce Willis. He's still got it. The action is non-stop, albeit a bit too much at times. For instance, why the hell is Spider Man a villain in this film?! For those who have seen it, you know exactly who I am talking about. It was just too weird and over the top for me. The semi-truck vs. jet sequence went a little far as well, but Bruce sells it just fine. We also get to see Bruce Willis become Bruce Lee for a brief moment. I didn't know John McClane knew any kung fu. John's language may not be as colorful, but the dialogue still feels appropriate(because they have made John a family man now) and is the fine cheese we have come to expect with our Die Hard wine. Ultimately it all goes down smoothly. The supporting players each bring something unique to the table. Justin Long is perfect as the cowardly hacker. Timothy Olyphant just exudes evil anytime he is on screen. This guy was born to play the villain. Mary Elizabeth Winstead is convincing as the sassy daughter of John McClane, and Kevin Smith is hilarious as the Warlock(you'll just have to see the film). Overall, Live Free or Die Hard is a fine edition to an explosive series and one of the most entertaining movies of the summer. Yippie Ki Yay mother ****er!