Reading Tab

Tools    

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
just re-read the half blood prince and ive just started Son Of A Witch the sequel to Wicked, so far its not bad. Its still got that crude kind of rural Angela Carter fairytale feel that Wicked had.

I just re-read Memoirs Of A Geisha. I really like this book. I've always been fascinated with asian culture. If your'e into this sort of thing, it's a great read.

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
just re-read the half blood prince and ive just started Son Of A Witch the sequel to Wicked, so far its not bad. Its still got that crude kind of rural Angela Carter fairytale feel that Wicked had.
I just started Wicked. I'll let you know how I like it!

MovieForums Extra
Originally Posted by Mad Hatter
I just started Wicked. I'll let you know how I like it!

I absolutley loved Wicked. I just wish I lived close enough to see it on the stage.

You ready? You look ready.
I finished Is Belief in God Good, Bad or Irrelevant?: A Professor And a Punk Rocker Discuss Science, Religion, Naturalism & Christianity yesterday afternoon. Man that book title is a mouthful.

I just started this one today.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Originally Posted by Strummer521
Lunar Park by Bret Easton Ellis

oooh is it good? Let me know what you think when your finished reading it.

For school I am reading:
Criminal Behavior- Bartol & Bartol

Statistics for the Behavioral and Social Sciences

Personality Psychology (Domains of Knowledge about Human Nature) - Larsen and Buss

Lets put a smile on that block
There is some HEAVY reading going on here.

I am just reading the one book at the moment. Phillip Pullman's second book in the His Dark Materials trilogy, The Subtle Knife.

I am ABSOLOUTLY addicted. I love Pullman's writing style, he is a perfect story teller. The characters and the worlds he creates are just excellent as well. The first book blew me away and i started this one immediatly and i can't put it down. I cannot WAIT to see Nicole Kidman as the eeeeevil Mrs Coulter when The Golden Compass hits our screens this Christmas. I really hope its done well.

Not too many. I read a universal history of iniquity and la confidential a while ago, and have been keeping up with articles and short stories, but otherwise my reading has been slow lately. Hopefully I'll finish something I've been working on for a while and have more time to read again soon.

oh yeah, i should also say the authors for those books i read are jorge luis borges (universal history of iniquity) and james ellroy (la confidential).

Salvatore ~ The Lone Drow

One River: Explorations and Discoveries in the Amazon Rain Forest
By, Wade Davis

So far this book has been awesome. I actually look forward to reading it whenever I get a chance to.

"Wade Davis has written a lyrical, meticulously researched book of discovery. One River is both a biography of his mentor, the director of the Harvard botanical museum Richard Schultes, and the story of his own botanical adventures throughout South America with colleague Tim Plowman. It's a sprawling tale of explorers, botanical secrets, and larger-than-life personalities. This unconventional book is, in part, a testimonial to Schultes, a legendary teacher and explorer who single-handedly created the discipline of ethnobotany. More than that, it's a magnificently written chronicle of five decades of botanical exploration (including some pretty wild experiments with native hallucinogens)." - (www.logitudebooks.com)

http://www.longitudebooks.com/find/p/1732/mcms.html
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Apparently, this is the definitive history on the Iranian Hostage Crisis and reading it I can see why.

This is probably taking me the most energy to read. I am no stranger to history books, but my grasp on Ancient time lines and Biblical archeaology is a little bit weak. Totally fascinating though. Right now I am in Roman Times.

I read The Scarlet Pimpernel last week and I am in the process of writing a little something on both books.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

MovieForums Extra

Apparently, this is the definitive history on the Iranian Hostage Crisis and reading it I can see why.

This is probably taking me the most energy to read. I am no stranger to history books, but my grasp on Ancient time lines and Biblical archeaology is a little bit weak. Totally fascinating though. Right now I am in Roman Times.

I read The Scarlet Pimpernel last week and I am in the process of writing a little something on both books.
I remember reading for school. All I read now is fiction. Not bad fiction but fiction. I would be interested in reading your reviews glittergirl.