What are your favorite all time movie scenes?

Tools    

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Mine would have to be from Braveheart

*SPOILER ALERT FOR BRAVEHEART!*

The execution scene in Braveheart. When William screams "Freedom" and Stephen puts his head down to cry...it gives me chills every time!

*SPOILER ALERT OVER!*

What are some of your favorites?

• the "Danny Boy" assassination attempt on Leo (Albert Finney) in The Coen Bros.' Miller's Crossing (1990)."The Old Man's still an artist with the Thompson."
  • the end complete flashback of Harmonica's (Chuck Bronson) link to Frank (Henry Fonda) in Leone's Once Upon A Time in the West (1969): the camera pulling back to reveal Monument Valley in all its glory, storm brewing in the sunny distance, Morricone's music swelling.
    "Keep your lovin' brother happy."
  • the impromptu march at the end of Peckinpah's The Wild Bunch (1969), as four grizzled men who have outlived their guns choose to go out in a blaze of glory.
    "It ain't like it used to be, but it'll do."
  • Daniel Dravot's (Sean Connery) defiant song as the bridge is cut out from under his bleeding high and bleeding mighty feet in John Huston's The Man Who Would Be King (1975).
    "I'm heartfully ashamed for getting you killed instead of going home rich as you deserve."
  • in a hilarious parody of The Bride of Frankenstein, The Monster (Peter Boyle) wanders into the home of a lonely blind hermit (Gene Hackman), who proceeds to show him the hospitality of hot soup and good cigars in Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein.
    "Wait, don't go...I was going to make Espresso."
  • the perfectly executed truck chase in Spielberg's Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), punctuated by John Williams' best bit of scoring ever.
    "Truck? What truck?"
  • Robert Cole (Albert Brooks) wandering around his apartment in a bathrobe, depressed and absolutely bombed on two ludes in Brooks' own Modern Romance (1981).
    "Petey, Ellen...."
  • Nashville (1975), Tom Frank (Keith Carradine) takes the stage to sing his ballad "I'm Easy". At least three women in the audience think he's singing it directly to them: British reporter Opal (Geraldine Chaplin), far-out groupie L.A. Joan (Shelley Duvall), and local housewife Linnea Reese (Lily Tomlin). As the seductive song continues, all three realize it's directed only at Linnea - Tom's conquest for the night.
    "Take my hand and pull me down, I won't put up any fight, because I'm easy..."
  • Paris, Texas (1984), Travis (Harry Dean Stanton) tells a story to Jane (Nastassja Kinski) through a one-way mirror at the cat house. Jane slowly realizes it's in fact their story, and her past has finally found her hiding place.
    "I knew these people, these two people, they were in love with each other...."
  • Dancer in the Dark (2000), Selma Jezkova (Bjork) sings her biterwseeet lament for not being able to be with kindly Jeff (Peter Stormare) - or anyone else - on the train tracks during her walk home. They duet and dance.
    "And the man you will marry, the home you will share. To be honest, I really don't care..."
  • Bird (1988), a strung-out Charlie Parker (Forrest Whitaker) calls home to his wife Chan (Diane Venora) for what will be the last time. Through their exasperation and pain in a tearful and seemingly knowing goodbye, both express their sadness and love without ever saying the words.
    "I've told you time and again to stop indulging so frequently in overy spiced foods. Those spices will kill you."
  • In A Lonely Place (1950), Laurel Gray (Gloria Grahame) gets the phonecall they've been waiting for, completely exonerating her new lover Dix Steele (Humphrey Bogart) of the murder charges. Unfortunately, it comes minutes too late, as she has finally seen the irrational jealous rages that do indeed brew inside him...and this time directed at her.
    "I was born when she kissed me, I died when she left me, I lived a few weeks while she loved me."
And on and on and on and on, an ever-expanding list.

And there's already a thread on this exact topic (one of at least three, actually), HERE.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Put me in your pocket...
I'm just going to copy, edit and paste mine from the older thread...and add to it.

A Day At The Races
The "Tootsie-Frootsie" Ice Cream/Code Book scene. Tony (Chico) poses as an ice-cream vendor outside the race track - he's really a con artist selling racing tip books on horses. I love banter between Chico and Groucho....so funny.

Bringing up Baby
The entire resturant/club scene. From the moment Susan causes David to slip on an olive...to the end of the scene where he accidentally rips the back of her gown off and spoon walks out with her.

It Happened One Night
Peter and Ellen hitchhiking...

The Princess Bride
The Duels! The first between Inigo Montoya and Wesley. And....also between Inigo and the man with six fingers. "Hello my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father... prepare to die!"

Also...the scene at Miracle Max’s. “Liar”!

And...the scenes between the grandson and grandfather.

The Joy Luck Club
Every scene between the mothers and daughters....
...and the scene towards the end between June and her father.

Rain Man
Towards the end when the firealarm goes off and Raymond has a bad espisode. It hits so close to home for me...it’s heart wrentching.

A Few Good Men
The final court room scene

Solas (1999)
One very endearing scene for me is when Maria’s mother finds the kindly neighbor (an old man who has taken a shine to her) in need of help. He had an accident (diarrhea) in his bed and is overwrought. She helps him to the bathroom and into the tub. He’s completely embarrassed by the situation, but she makes him to get undressed and washes him down from head to toe while soothing his frayed nerves. You next see him in fresh pajamas watching her put fresh sheets on the bed for him. The way he looks at her just pulled at my heart, watching two old people being attracted to each other...it was very sweet.

And...the entire ending between Maria and the old man neighbor.

Also...

The GoldRush
Every scene in the cabin...from the moment he finds himself there...to his return and the snow storm.

Also, the dance scene.

City Lights
I love every scene...but the boxing scene gets my son and I giggling...and of course the ending will always be a favorite.

****MAY BE SPOILERS****

Reservoir Dogs - Mr. Blonde's torture of an officer scene with Stealer's Wheel "Stuck in the Middle With You" playing in the background...

Pulp Fiction - the apartment scene where Jules Winnfield give his speech and executes the young wannabes

Shawshank Redemption - when the warden throws the stone against the poster on the wall, only to hear it rip through and whip down the tunnel

Godfather - (2) when Luca Brasi get strangled during his meeting with the druglord...and secondly when Michael sends Tessio off with his henchmen to be wacked

Usual Suspects - when detective Kujan finally realizes who he had in his office..

Boondock Saints- rocco blows up the cat - Murphy:"we're sorta like 7-11, we're not always doin business, but we're always open."

Donnie Darko-smurf's 'gangbang' scenario speech

Go-Manny's drug induced macarena fantasy in the grocery store - Todd's cat tells Manny he is going to die

The One and only one.
One would be from the movie Amores Perros where Octavio is being chased by the guys who shot his dog, and when they crash with the other car.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I've been banging on about the 'Danny Boy' scene in Miller's Crossing to anyone who'll listen for a while now and had a funny feeling that HP would find it groovy too.

Then we have a selection:

Hero - Maggie Cheung and Ziyi Zhang's sword fight. Maggie wins, hurrah!

The Third Man - Harry Lime's reveal. Cat, foot, face.

Naked - The almost ballet between David Thewlis, Lesley Sharp and Katrin Cartlidge when Johnny moves from the living room to the kitchen. Hard to describe.

The Long Good Friday - The final scene where Bob Hoskins is driven off by the IRA. He knows the score, and so do we, but doesn't say a word. A young Pierce Brosnan smiles and Bob resigns himself to what's going to happen...

Screen capture on your PC is good for this sort of thread, innit?

Originally Posted by Tacitus
The Long Good Friday - The final scene where Bob Hoskins is driven off by the IRA. He knows the score, and so do we, but doesn't say a word. A young Pierce Brosnan smiles and Bob resigns himself to what's going to happen...

Screen capture on your PC is good for this sort of thread, innit?

The Ballad of Narayama (1983, Imamura)
Ken Ogata's trek carrying his mother to the top of Narayama, where he'll leave her to die.

The last 20 min of the Usual Suspects. I love you Kevin Spacey!

Ok, mine are mostly mainstream movies... some aren't in total agreeance, but still, these scenes really work well for me:

JFK - The long, long, long (in a good way) courtroom scene.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - To choose one... the multi-weapon cat fight.

The Truman Show - Truman discovers his worldy boundaries in the most poetic and surreal way possible.

Unbreakable - Dunn works his superpowers for the first time.

Jurassic Park - The T-Rex breaks free!

Goldeneye - The opening action/plot setup/title sequence.

Jaws - Brody vs the Shark

Goodfellas - Geez, all of it? Pick a scene, any scene.

War of the Worlds (2005) - The alien ship is revealed.

I could write so much more.... but stuff it.

Originally Posted by BobbyB
What are your favorite all time movie scenes?

SEARCH

Favorite Scenes

Your favorite scene

Your favorite movie scenes of all time...

Favorite Shots of All Time

Braveheart - when Wallace is riding toward the English fort after he finds out Murron was murdered... and when Wallace is executed at the end…

The Last of the Mohicans - from the time Hawkeye walks into the Huron village until the very end…

Dances With Wolves - when the Dakota’s rescue Dunbar from the soldiers…

The Shawshank Redemption - when they discover Andy escaped and the police come to arrest the warden…

A Few Good Men
- the court room scene…

Léon - when he goes after Matilda at the police station and the ending…

Aliens - When Ripley goes after Newt…

LOTR - The Two Towers - Gandalf and the Balrog; when Legolas mounts the horse; the battle for Helms Deep; the Ents; all the scenes with Legolas and Gimli and Gollum…

The 13th Warrior - when Ibn Fadlan finds out the Wendol are just men and when the Vikings go underground in search of "the mother" and when Ibn joins in the Viking Battle Prayer…

Star Wars- Attack of the Clones - YODA

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I hate threads like this. Cause my mind draws a blank even though I have like a thousand favorite scenes. GAH!

The Fabulous Sausage Man
"No, YOU must be Don Francisco's sister!" - Love and Death

This is no easy task, but I have all the time in the world.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - The "You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!" scene is priceless, but then again so is everything about the film.

Planet of the Apes (1969) - THE END....enough said.

Easy Rider - The cemetary scene....trippy and haunting, but absolutely beautiful.

Back to the Future Part II - The ending scene with Marty running up to Doc and saying, "I'm back from the future." I can't watch that one enough. I love it.

Almost Famous - The scene that takes place prior to Stillwater's first performance in the film, where Patrick Fugit is interviewing Jason Lee. Lee's attitude carries him far in every film he is in and this one is no exception, he is fantastic.

Man on the Moon - Andy Kaufman's funeral...I can never make it through it without crying like a baby.

The Devil's Rejects - Again I say THE END....enough said. Breathtaking and heartwrenching.

There are literally hundreds of thousands more, but thats all I am gonna go with for now.

Lost in never never land
Dr. Strangelove: The scene where the general is explaining how the Russians are trying to poison the water.

The Virgin Suicides: The scene where the youngest girl jumps off the balcony onto the fence.

Edward Scissorhands: The scene where all the pastel cars leave their pastel houses for work.

-I love the scene in rolling thunder when he seeks his revenge, " It's your time boy "

-Miller's Crossing when the two guys come in to kill him and they get shot with a billion bullets

-The ending of SLC PUNK

Welcome to the human race...
The chainsaw scene in Scarface. Not to mention the ending.

The restaurant shootout in A Better Tomorrow.

Most of Goodfellas but if I had to pick one, probably the Spider scene. "I'm the Oklahoma kid!"

The truck chase in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Every car chase in The Blues Brothers.

Will think of more.

Originally Posted by JBriscoe
****MAY BE SPOILERS****

Reservoir Dogs - Mr. Blonde's torture of an officer scene with Stealer's Wheel "Stuck in the Middle With You" playing in the background...
I think pretty much anyone who saw this film has it brought to their minds upon hearing that song. I do anyways.........every freakin' time.

Put me in your pocket...
Stormy Weather (1943)

Ada Brown and Fats Waller performing...That Ain't Right. Wow, she had a great voice and Fats is a character.

Fats Waller perfoming one of his signature songs...Ain't Misbehavin'. What a face! I have a couple cd's of his so it was great fun to watch him.

Cab Calloway doing his thing performing...Geechy Joe. I love his performance...from the way he moves to the way he sings.

Cab Calloway with Fayard and Harold Nicholas performing...Jumpin' Jive. My favorite number in the movie. Just incrediable.

Sorry for all of the pictures, but Cab is just too cool not to share him...and the Nicholas brother are gods. This number alone will make you feeling hep-hep on the mellow side....with the jim, jam, jumpin' jive.