Help me identify this independant film!

Tools    

Dont remember a whole lot about it. It was in black and white im almost sure. I remember it was about a guy who was trying to find a mathematical code in the stock market..lol. The beggining of the movie started with him saying "My mother always told me not to look into the sun...once with when I 8 I tried it...I was blind for a month." Or somthing like that. Wasnt that great of a movie, was just somthing about it, would like to see it again. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Mad-Man
Dont remember a whole lot about it. It was in black and white im almost sure. I remember it was about a guy who was trying to find a mathematical code in the stock market..lol. The beggining of the movie started with him saying "My mother always told me not to look into the sun...once with when I 8 I tried it...I was blind for a month." Or somthing like that. Wasnt that great of a movie, was just somthing about it, would like to see it again. Thanks.

It's called Pi, and for the record this is the last time I respond to one of your posts if you insist on decreasing the size of the font for no reason.

Originally Posted by Mad-Man's signature
I have spent my life studying the death of T.V. in general.
Wow, your WHOLE LIFE?!? What are you, seventeen?

I have defined the titles that have destroyed their entire genra's. These titles were almost all excellent, but a copy, of a copy, of a copy, is never as strong as the origonal...
In your lifetime of study I guess the correct spelling of the words "genres" (which adding an apostrophe to most definitely does not pluralize) and "original" must have somehow eluded you.

Analasys of a mad-man
And you never learned how to properly spell "analysis" ...

Originally Posted by Mad-Man's Thread Title
Help me identify this independant film!
...or "independent" either.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
It's called Pi, and for the record this is the last time I respond to one of your posts if you insist on decreasing the size of the font for no reason.
Instead of just assuming there is no reason for the size decrease, why don't you simply ask him for one?

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
......or "independent" either.
And you've used two ellipses together, which is incorrect in both standard and nonstandard grammar usage.

What does it matter?

Im 23. You had no reason to attack me, so to hell with you, and please never respond to another post of mine, ever.

Im 23. You had no reason to attack me, so to hell with you, and please never respond to another post of mine, ever.
I happen to agree on the issue of font size; I find it annoying.

And thats a reason to bash me? Poke at my spelling and grammar?

And thats a reason to bash me? Poke at my spelling and grammar?
Well, first of all, that's not what I said; font size has nothing to do with spelling or grammar. Secondly, he bashed several things, and not all of them were spelling and/or grammar related.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
So why did that kid get banned exactly?
He sent me an irate, highly vulgar private message, in which he invited me to ban him.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by Yoda
He sent me an irate, highly vulgar private message, in which he invited me to ban him.
I'm glad I found out the answer to that question, I was starting to think he got banned for bad spelling and grammar...we'd all be in trouble then!

Originally Posted by Thursday Next
I'm glad I found out the answer to that question, I was starting to think he got banned for bad spelling and grammar...we'd all be in trouble then!
Heh, yeah. No, his behavior up until that point merited scorn, but not a banning. Generally speaking, unless you're talking about spam, you have to start swearing angrily or essentially threaten someone to get banned that quickly. He did both.

Originally Posted by Thursday Next
speek for yorsewf, ma grammer is perfec.....

Originally Posted by Sleezy
...but were all petty remarks.
I don't know. They weren't particularly substantive remarks, but I think they're understandable. Did you see this kid's signature? It was this long, rambling, essay on the "death of TV" and how he's "spent his life studying it." And it was littered with mistakes. It was pretentious and silly, and took itself way, way too seriously. Not to mention that's not the kind of thing you put in a signature, anyway. The whole thing was incredibly bizarre.

I wouldn't have shredded him over it, personally, but Holden decided that he ought to be taken down a notch, and as long as he doesn't cross any lines in doing so, that's his prerogative.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Yoda
I don't know. They weren't particularly substantive remarks, but I think they're understandable. Did you see this kid's signature? It was this long, rambling, essay on the "death of TV" and how he's "spent his life studying it." And it was littered with mistakes. It was pretentious and silly, and took itself way, way too seriously. Not to mention that's not the kind of thing you put in a signature, anyway. The whole thing was incredibly bizarre.
Does it really do Holden some great injury? Enough to warrant attacking him and making snide remarks without reason? The guy was new, and didn't say one word to Holden to warrant getting blasted with petty comments like that. To me, Holden's behavior continues to degrade these entire forums. Sure, you could say that we're not here to be nice to each other, but come on. If we had any more like Holden making petty, rude comments like he does, nobody would come here. It seems the vitality of these forums survives on the community, as many members - Sammy, Nebbit, Caitlyn, etc - have stated that they come here largely for the people, not just to discuss films. Nasty behavior towards others (without reason), in my opinion, undermines the community.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike, in his reply to my first post in this thread
Well, one is a typo, the other is ignorance. And it matters in how legible and understandable somebody's posts are. But as always, thanks for asking!
You're right, Holden. It does matter how legible and understandable someone's posts are. But gee whiz, I'm looking back over what you corrected, and it seems awfully apparent that you weren't really concerned with the legibility of his writing, but rather with making him look stupid, and with making yourself feel good about it. You certainly created an unnecessary contest when there was none; and you used shallow, disrespective language in the process. To what end? Perhaps to prove something to yourself, or to this board? To throw your weight around? To show the "newbie" that you're the veteran in these parts? Jeez. You act like it's your job to go around and correct "ignorance," as you see it. If this kind of thing annoys you so much, then why not just ignore it and move on?