Scary Movie 4

Tools    

Thursday Is Best
i dont honestly know what you guys are talking about, the 1st 2 were halarious, 3 was still funny, but not up 2 par with the other ones. i personally just think there awsome and 4 looks jsut as funny.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i liked the second one the best... ill have to watch the trailer for the fourth one but i'm sure it will be a No...the third one was horrible

Arresting your development
I like that guy with the little retarted chicken nubbed claw in 2 and I think that was his strong hand.

i enjoyed the first too, bt only the 1st and 2nd time i watched it, and 3 was horrible. 4 is going to be even worse!
Just a dog? Porthos dreams of being a bear, and you want to shatter those dreams by saying he's just a dog? What a horrible candle-snuffing word. That's like saying, "He can't climb that mountain, he's just a man", or "That's not a diamond, it's just a rock." Just.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
I like that guy with the little retarted chicken nubbed claw in 2 and I think that was his strong hand.

"Ohh I'm sorry Child...did I frighten ya? Here, I'll sing for you: God is in his holy temple..."

i personaly loved the first three scary movies im not shure about one that isnt spoofing horror but if i dont see it in theaters i will definitly rent it.

Originally Posted by doomlord
i personaly loved the first three scary movies im not shure about one that isnt spoofing horror but if i dont see it in theaters i will definitly rent it.
True fan? Welcome to the Mofo garden and leave your head at the front gate.

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
True fan? Welcome to the Mofo garden and leave your head at the front gate.
should i take that as a compliment

Originally Posted by doomlord
should i take that as a compliment
Yes please.

i have recently seen the trailer for this movie and i have discovered that it does spoof horror movies it does follow the genre and if your going to post **** make shure you know what your talking about (excuse my spelling im only 13)

Originally Posted by Exorcist1249
David Zucker is making Scary Movie 4 but is not spoofing the horror genre, who thinks this is wrong?.
Actually, he is spoofing horror films including Saw and The Grudge. And the village. And if you class war of the worlds as one, then that too...!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I'm not really a fan of the series, it is a bit dumb , but I confess I did laugh at the spoof War of the Worlds and the Village in the Scary Movie 4 trailer...

Where can I find a list of the movies that that SM4 is making fun of? I found that with the previous movies, unless you'd seen the movies they were joking on, it wasn't nearly as fun.

imdb lists Saw, The Village, The Grudge and War of the Worlds as movies it references, which were really the only ones it spoofed.

I don't get why people would even want to see Scary Movie 4 without seeing the films it spoofs tbh.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
imdb lists Saw, The Village, The Grudge and War of the Worlds as movies it references, which were really the only ones it spoofed.

I don't get why people would even want to see Scary Movie 4 without seeing the films it spoofs tbh.
Exactly. I've seen the Village, but none of the rest. I'll probably pick them up before rentintg SM4.

I liked Scary Movie 3 quite a bit; I'm a big Zucker fan. The latest installment, though, is definitely a step down.

On the surface, a kick to the crotch or someone running into a wall isn't particularly inventive or funny. But if timed right and used sparingly, that kind of physical comedy can really do the trick. In Scary Movie 4, it's run into the ground (no pun intended). They so thoroughly saturate the act of bumping one's head that at one point you might find yourself able to predict it.

That said, it certainly has its moments, and its cameos, and though its emphasis is more on gross-outs and people hurting themselves this time around, a bit of the witty, goofy satire that I loved so much about Scary Movie 3 does rear its head from time to time.

The best line:

WARNING: "Scary Movie 4" spoilers below
"This is no more a war than there's a war between men and maggots. Or dragons and wolves. Or men riding dragons throwing wolves at maggots."

The Scary Movie series has never really brought out much hysterical laughter from me, yet I've gone to see each one at the movies and I own the first two. Scary Movie 4, I think, is the best sequel so far. I liked how they connected the movies they were spoofing (Saw, The Grudge, War of the Worlds, The Village, etc.) into their storyline. The Grudge was the best spoof. I hated The Grudge, the actual movie, but all the stupid stuff they did to it in Scary Movie 4 made me laugh sometimes. I still haven't seen War of the Worlds or The Village or Million Dollar Baby, but understood what was going on (for the most part, at least).

Scary Movie 2 & 3 are O.K. (part 2) and "eh" (part 3). I thought that a lot of funny stuff from those films were cut and thrown into the deleted scenes stuff on the DVDs, which I hated. Although I thought part 3 was better than 2 at the time it came out, I believe I must have changed my mind, I think after watching part 2 again. 3 has that boring spoof of 8 Mile that takes 8 centuries...

I am, however, kinda disappointed with what they did to the character of Brenda in part 4. Maybe it was just the actress, but she seemed a little less energized to me. Perhaps she's getting tired of the Brenda role. Can't really blame her. In 4, she spends most of her time trying to find a way to "get off", and she doesn't care if an entire village wants to watch her do it.

I would recommend that the series ends now. I couldn't believe that there was actually a Scary Movie FOUR and that it was showing in four theaters at my local cineplex. And I actually LIKED Scary Movie 4, which was also shocking. Insanity. I'd say the series has hit a higher note and could go out dignified now.

stranger then a drunken mime
Ray: Let's do something freaky..
Brenda: Like what, Ray?
Ray: I don't know..why don't you talk dirty to me?
Brenda: I don't know what to say, Ray.
Ray: C'mon, just make something up.
Brenda: Oh Ray, why do you make me so bad?
Ray: C'mon, 'cause you a bad girl.
Brenda: Okay....I'ma work this. I'ma make this mine!
Ray: Yeah, work it. Ooh, it's all yours.
Brenda: I'ma piss on face...and I'ma fart in your mouth, I'MA **** ALL OVER THESE WALLS, RAY!

I laughed all the way through the first one, laughed most of the way through the second, laughed at bits during the third, and nearly fell asleep during the fourth.

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
i personally loved when cindy and the japanese boy were trying to speak japanese and all they were saying were japanese company names (mitsubishi) and stuff like that. also, when the creatures go "boogawoogawooga". ha ha, it definately had its moments

also, the tom cruise and oprah spoof was perfect. they did such a good job with matching it up and spoofing it at the same time.