The Thread Where We Redecorate Mofo

Tools    

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
If we go with the pink, I'm sooooooooooooooooooo out of here!
I went looking for a little Barbie to switch out for the usher, but nothing was the right size.

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
Not to insult your work my dear beautiful sexy cat, but if mofo ever looked like one of those i think id have a seizure and then puke, lol.

Those colors don't go together!! you're a girl you should know that!!
Are you bonkers? Those colours she picked are fantastic. These forums need to be redecorated! They are dismal and do not do justice to the passion within. Live!

Originally Posted by Moo
Are you bonkers? Those colours she picked are fantastic. These forums need to be redecorated! They are dismal and do not do justice to the passion within. Live!
Make a theme, make a theeeeeme!!!

Originally Posted by Sir Toose
This thread is blaspheme.

Have you no respect for tradition?
It's just another step down the road that ends with my being burned as a witch.

The black and the grey are really convenient i would say; maybe no changes like pink or brown - huuhhh! kinda dull; anyway, the new colours would not impress and besides, people are already used to the forum the way it is.

The People's Republic of Clogher
*bangs head against wall*

I mourn the thought of all those unused coloring books...
Truly, it makes me weep.

Meanwhile, in honor of our absent Pimp, and one for the horror fans:
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	pimped.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	5412  

Seriously it's like posting in a dungeon here. This place needs a paint job and some redecorating. Youre worlds are not going to crumble, they are going to burst and brighten! Weeeeeee!

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Make a theme, make a theeeeeme!!!
How though? How do I access the code?

Dreyer'n you are
Black and grey are the colors of the unconfident and emotionally anemic. They may fit, but they don't inspire.

Originally Posted by Moo
Seriously it's like posting in a dungeon here. This place needs a paint job and some redecorating. Youre worlds are not going to crumble, they are going to burst and brighten! Weeeeeee!
I'm open to ideas, but the site ought to have a certain mood, and bright colors don't really fit it. Believe it or not, I gave the color scheme a great deal of thought and toyed with a couple secondary colors, and a professional designer ran with it from there. Frankly, I couldn't be any happier with the layout. I think it conveys the site's theme simply and elegantly, but is legible and makes room for a bit of color to avoid seeming overly plain.

Originally Posted by Droogy
Black and grey are the colors of the unconfident and emotionally anemic. They may fit, but they don't inspire.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the problem is not the uninspiring color scheme, but the person who looks to a color scheme for inspiration.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I think it's great the way it is. I think Aniko nailed it when she said the colour scheme sets off everyone's avatars nicely. Don't touch it (That's my vote).

I do however wish to see a Mel Point meter beside the Reputation bar.

Originally Posted by Yoda
I'm open to ideas...
I hope I'm not offending you with this thread. I just like playing with colors. I do think it's a bit somber here, but I have been told by three professonal web designers that black and greys are where it's at. Clearly, it's the content of the site that matters, and the community here is unparalleled. This thread is just for messing around. I seriously NEED a creative outlet and they've set the Big Brother controls here on my work system so I can't even change my windows coloring, the farking bastages. I don't expect that you're going to change colors, though I think for Eq's birthday that a Day of Pink is in order.

Oh, I'm not offended in the least. Just don't agree with the people insisting the site should be brighter than it is. The colors create a cinematic mood, and naturally draw more attention to the areas in which there are color. Blacks and grays are also, in my opinion, more elegant, in part because they have a way of making blank space look less "empty" than most other colors.

But by all means, toy away. Whatever floats your kite.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Oh, I'm not offended in the least. Just don't agree with the people insisting the site should be brighter than it is. The colors create a cinematic mood, and naturally draw more attention to the areas in which there are color. Blacks and grays are also, in my opinion, more elegant, in part because they have a way of making blank space look less "empty" than most other colors.

But by all means, toy away. Whatever floats your kite.
I am a lifelong cinema passioniado (I made that word up), and these are not the colours of cinema, my friend. They are the colours of 1950s TV. Let me show you the brilliance of the silver screen in glorious (not too bright) colour and I will show you the inside of your very own heart.

*fumbles around in paint*

I'll get back to you.

I'm having trouble in paint, Sammy. How did you do that?

The People's Republic of Clogher
It looks like a film reel Yods, no?

I've either had a moment of clarity or gonna take someone up on their offer of new specs for Christmas...

I See You When You're Sleeping
Originally Posted by Moo

I'm having trouble in paint, Sammy. How did you do that?
Paint!

1Pt