Best Films of the 1990s?

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by SCdac
i was just trying to stray from the norm... which is what everybody else has already posted... theres literally hundreds of good movies from the 90s that no one has named... just saying.
I think no one has named them, because this thread is "Best films of the 90s", not "Good films of the 90s" or "Films no one has named from the 90s". Just saying.

again, no i dont think class act is the best film ever far from it... thats not my point... i guess my posts are more suited towards "your favorite movies from the 90's" or "movies of the 90s", but i havent seen a thread like that, so i posted em here... something different for a change... if you can find a more fitting thread for my posts, please, point me to it. id be happy to move my posts where they are not going to be ridiculed.
Who are you talking to? I would appreciate it if you wouldn't attempt to attribute statements or ideas to me that I haven't personally articulated. I never said you claimed Class Act was "the best film ever", and I at no point were you ridiculed. Please re-read what I posted where I ASKED you if you thought Class Act was on the same level as something like L.A. Confidential or Unforgiven. In the post above that, I expressed my opinion on two of the films you posted, which you will find, people tend to do on these boards from time to time. It was in no way a personal attack against you, which your defensive posture and vertuperative response seems to indicate it was. Chill out.

are there any movies that i did post that you liked?

The Sandlot
Demolition Man
Death Becomes Her
Four Rooms

im sure you could agree with me to some extent... i added some cheesy/bad movies on purpose (like, "if looks could kill" or "the pest"), because, to me, they are represantative of the 90s just as much as the best of the best blockbusters we could all name over and over (and over).

im not new to boards... just this one. again, as a fan of many different types of films, just trying to stray away from the norm.
But, are they representitive of the best the 90s had to offer in film, or the best to you? Sorry if I'm getting confused, and not understanding that you weren't actually posting the best stuff from the 90s, like the thread title dictated, but posting on a different subject that only you knew about. I simply thought you were stating films like Brain Donors and Class Act were some of the best films of the 90s, and I disagreed. Simple as that. I am sure you can see my confusion.

and Brain Donors owns fool!
Oh yeah, I am the fool.

And, no, that movie is ****.

Originally Posted by Sinny McGuffins
Man, you really know how to welcome the newbies don't you, Sedai?
But really, am I being an asshat? I thought I was just commenting on the films.....

I stand by what I say!!!!!! Besides, I like newbies, I just don't like their films.

Originally Posted by Sedai
I think no one has named them, because this thread is "Best films of the 90s", not "Good films of the 90s" or "Films no one has named from the 90s". Just saying.
well, i dont think thats just the reason, but whatever... i think weve established this... again, like i said, if you can point towards a more suiting thread for my posts, go for it.

Who are you talking to? I would appreciate it if you wouldn't attempt to attribute statements or ideas to me that I haven't personally articulated. I never said you claimed Class Act was "the best film ever", and I at no point were you ridiculed. Please re-read what I posted where I ASKED you if you thought Class Act was on the same level as something like L.A. Confidential or Unforgiven. In the post above that, I expressed my opinion on two of the films you posted, which you will find, people tend to do on these boards from time to time. It was in no way a personal attack against you, which your defensive posture and vertuperative response seems to indicate it was. Chill out.
i never claimed you claimed Class Act was the best movie ever. do you see any quotes? youre reading too much into it. i was merely responding to you question (about LA Con.), i didnt need to answer it because i already know what youre getting at. but if i must spell it out, no, i dont think Class Act is on the same level. hence my "not the best movie ever" comment. i was being a little sarcastic.

i think this thread should be renamed "most popular movies from the 90s"

But, are they representitive of the best the 90s had to offer in film, or the best to you? Sorry if I'm getting confused, and not understanding that you weren't actually posting the best stuff from the 90s, like the thread title dictated, but posting on a different subject that only you knew about. I simply thought you were stating films like Brain Donors and Class Act were some of the best films of the 90s, and I disagreed. Simple as that. I am sure you can see my confusion.
well, the best to me obviously. but thats why i posted them, to see if anybody else, into movies of the 90s, even minutely shares my opinions of them... yes, i can see youre confusion. i guess it stems from my kind of off subject posts.

like i said, the "best" doesnt necessarily have to be the best.

Besides, I like newbies, I just don't like their films.

The Sandlot
Demolition Man
Death Becomes Her
Four Rooms
yeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh

youre such a cool guy.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
yeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh

youre such a cool guy.
You are correct. Sedai is a really cool guy. The reason we are here is to talk about movies and he is doing just that. A good discussion often leads to disagreements, you have to learn to accept that in good humor as long as it remains civil.

yeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh

youre such a cool guy.
Excellent, we agree.

Now, shall we get back to talking about the best films of the 90s?

I remember watching a movie called Dead man on campus and finding it absolutely hilarious a while back.

Originally Posted by m0dern_pr0phet
I remember watching a movie called Dead man on campus and finding it absolutely hilarious a while back.
Johnny Depp film? Great stuff. Odd, but interesting and well-made. I still need to check out more Jarmusch stuff.

Johnny Depp film? Great stuff. Odd, but interesting and well-made. I still need to check out more Jarmusch stuff.
i think hes/shes thinking of this movie.

Dead Man On Campus (1998)

more of my favorite films from the 90s (minus the pics)

Natural Born Killers (1994)
A Few Good Men (1992)
L.A Story (1991)
School Ties (1992)
Wayne's World (1992)
The Road to Wellville (1994)
PCU (1994)
Cape Fear (1991)
Nothing But Trouble (1991)
Buffalo '66 (1998)
Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992)
The Fugitive (1993)
Captain Ron (1992)
The BasketBall Diaries (1995)
Hackers (1995)
Kids in the Hall:Brain Candy (1996)

i think hes/shes thinking of this movie.

Dead Man On Campus (1998)
Ah. I thought she meant she watched Dead Man, while on campus.

Silly me.

Sorry I should've said 'Dead man on campus' (I am not female).

definitely
Fight Club(FINCHER)
Se7en (YEAH FINCHER)
Pi
Lock Stock
Rushmore
Jackie Brown
Pulp Fiction
El Mariachi
Desperado
Boogie nights
(not really a good movie but) Hackers
i might post more later when i think of them.

oh yeah... and OG if you read this you ****in suck. fight club was THE movie

"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence." Alex (A Clockwork Orange)

The best films of the 90s are Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Reqiuem for a Dream, Pulp Fiction, The Matrix, Resevoir Dogs, American History X, Pi, Fight Club, Saving Private Ryan, Army of Darkness, and there are definitely a lot more that I can't think of right now.

My top 25

1. Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
2. The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
3. Braveheart (1995)
4. Die Hard: With a Vengeance (1995)
5. The Fugitive (1993)
6. The Man in the Iron Mask (1998)
7. Groundhog Day (1993)
8. Back to the Future Part III (1990)
9. Die Hard 2: Die Harder (1990)
10. Lethal Weapon 4 (1998)
11. There’s Something About Mary (1998)
12. Lethal Weapon 3 (1992)
13. Seven (1995)
14. Rush Hour (1998)
15. The Green Mile (1999)
16. Wayne’s World (1992)
17. Star Trek: First Contact (1996)
18. True Lies (1994)
19. Good Will Hunting (1997)
20. American Pie (1999)
21. Liar Liar (1997)
22. Wayne’s World 2 (1993)
23. Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)
24. Enemy of the State (1998)
25. Office Space (1999)

Do you know my poetry?

"Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later than night, you were lying, looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself, 'Why is it that the landscape is moving, but the boat is still?'"

[1]. Goodfellas (Martin Scorsese - 1990)
[2]. Dead Man (Jim Jarmusch - 1995)
[3]. Rushmore (Wes Anderson - 1998)
[4]. Naked (Mike Leigh - 1993)
[5]. Se7en (David Fincher - 1995)
[6]. Unforgiven (Clint Eastwood - 1992)
[7]. Barton Fink (Coen Bros. - 1991)
[8]. Breaking The Waves (Lars Von Trier - 1996)
[9]. Hoop Dreams (Steve James - 1994)
[10.] Being John Malkovich (Spike Jonze - 1999)

Best films of the 90s that I saw...

1990 Goodfellas
1991 Silence of the Lambs
1992 Unforgiven
1993 Ground Hog Day
1994 Pulp Fiction
Forest Gump
1995 Twelve Monkeys
Toy Story
1996 Fargo
Sling Blade
1997 LA Confidential
1998 hmmm
1999 American Beauty
Fight Club
The Matrix
Sixth Sense
The Straight Story
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Scream
Fargo
Titanic
The Blair Witch Project
American Pie
Magnolia
American Beauty
Cruel Intentions
Wes Craven's New Nightmare
Edward Scissorhands
8MM