Favorite Shots of All Time

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
  • Célestin Poux carries Mathilde on his shoulders in the field that used to be Bingo Crépuscule.
  • Young Mathilde fantasizes about Manech saving her life at the lighthouse.
  • Tina Lombardi murders the man who shot her man like a mad dog.
  • Bénédicte cries out of guilt and shame, which causes Mathilde to smile with satisfaction.
  • Tina’s execution by guillotine.
  • Young Manech carries Mathilde up to the top of the lighthouse.
  • Benoît Notre-Dame is thrust into the air after the second bomb lands in his lap.
  • The closing pull-away shot of Mathilde as she looks at Manech.

I could easily name every other minute of the entire film too, Blibby. Jeunet’s films are just as pleasurable to experience visually as they are intellectually/spiritually. Even plain old scenes that are just there to continue the plot are often better than many filmmakers best scenes (see attachments for examples).

Great choice!
Thanks Slay, totally agree with you, it's so strange that you name those shots as they were the exact moments in the film when you simply forget the story and just watch mesemrised at the visuals you are seeing. I'm glad you posted them, i would have posted those exact shots myself but it was three in the morning and my eyes were melting. An incredibly beautiful and touching film. I loved the shot where Célestin Poux carries Mathilde on his shoulders and her bright red umbrella bobs above the grass. All the warm summer colours of Mathildes search for Manech and the stark opposing greys of the battle field looked just so...pretty.

And i loved Tina's murders. So dark and inventive, especially the murder of the general in his bed. Beautifully done

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
The overhead shot of Harry Powell screaming in the water and the children in the boat in The Night of the Hunter .

My girlfriend's favorite shot from the same film is Rachel Cooper with a shotgun on the porch singing hymns with Harry Powell outside the gate.

Kingo Gondo looking into the glass at the end of High and Low.

I didn't like The Natural, but I thought the shot of the light going through Iris Gaines' hat is excellent.

that moving shot (sorry, dunno the technical term) of the 1st scene in Fellowship of the Ring, the one which shows first the orcs atop the cliff, then the charging orcs below.

James Bonds introduction in Dr No or Harry Callahan standing over the bank robber in Dirty Harry.

A system of cells interlinked
Some shots from Barton Fink....
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Barton1.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	5126   Click image for larger version

Name:	Barton 2.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	5129   Click image for larger version

Name:	Barton 3.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	5130  

Hell yeah, bro.

I love Barton Fink. I haven't seen it for a while, but you've made me hungry...thirsty...whatever...stoned...you know what I mean.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Eating you Since 1984
DUDE!!! CHILL WITH THE PICTURES!!!

****-in-A! Not every picture you find from that site can be your favorite shot of all time. Jesus.

Try typing once in a while...or being more choosy.

Ah, **** it. Who cares?
relax man, there are too many movies to only have 1 shot... and as far as i can see, the title of this thread says favorite SHOTS of all time...

these shots make these movies classics

I'll relax once you quit behaving like a dumbass.

It's going to be a long year.

Good The Bad and The Ugly had some awesome shots

A Clockwork Orange opening shot of Alex at the bar was awesome

"Walk down the right back ally in Sin City, and you'll find anything" Marv

Can we try with real bullets now?
I've come to really enjoy the last shot in Pulp Fiction where Jules and Vincent stick their guns in their pants and walk out of the diner. Perfection!

William Dafoes Death scene in Platoon, there really isnt any argument IMO, I never felt so much emotion in one shot before ever in any movie.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
FOTR: The shot in the forest of Fellowship of the Ring, swinging down from the trees.

A Clockwork Orange: When the guy in wheelchair hears Alex singing the song and he's freaking out at the door.

Fight Club: Introduction of Marla

Passion of the Christ: Tear drop from heaven.

FOTR: Boromir picking up ring on mountain top.

Minority Report: When the precog and cruise before they go to kill crow, talking but looking in other direction of each other.

Kill Bill Vol 2: Shadows on red training.

Suspect's Reviews

I rule
The shot in Big trouble in little china from the back of the car

Millers crossing when the Dane gets it and the camera zooms in on the screeming heavyweight boxer

Most of the shots of the lake in The Ilse

REVIEWS

Anonymous Last told me to drop in ...

Eating you Since 1984
I'll relax once you quit behaving like a dumbass.

It's going to be a long year.
excuse me?

whos behaving like a what now? *shows LordSlaytan a mirror*

I'm not being a dumbass, dumbass...I'm being an *******. There's a difference.

You spam a ****load of pictures, get called on it, act indignant and wanna fight. Go fight by yourself. *yawn*