Movie everyone HATES

Tools    

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Boy, I’m gonna slap you right upside the dumb suck-ass if you ever say that again.

Come get some!!!
Are you gonna bark all day little doggie.....

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

I never bark...I lick the hand and pee on the leg at the same time. My priest calls it passive aggressive, I call it smart. Cowardly smart.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I never bark...I lick the hand and pee on the leg at the same time. My priest calls it passive aggressive, I call it smart. Cowardly smart.

The weekend's over Slay, time to become mild mannered Lord Slaytan again.
Guess that means I can't call you Wilma either till next weekend.
Down, you bad doggie!
Licking and peeing at the same time, don't let anyone tell you you're not talented.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I’ll add Runaway Bride. It is one of the worst romantic comedies ever made with a ludicrous scenario and cookie cut-out characters and performances…plus Julia says, “Hee-Haw!!!” She may have been laughing again, tho’.

Runaway Bride did suck... more so then Batman and Robin... IMO...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Movie Forums Member
Originally Posted by Thursday Next
I thought Closer was one of the most boring films I have ever seen, along with The Hours, but I know that some people do like them (I just don't know why!)
I completely agree, Closer was one of the worst, most pointless movies ever. No action, no excitement, it's almost like people forgot what entertainment was when they say they this was good.

Originally Posted by dolarhydecb
I completely agree, Closer was one of the worst, most pointless movies ever. No action, no excitement, it's almost like people forgot what entertainment was when they say they this was good.
I agree too. No car chases, no dinosaurs, no pyrotechnics, no talking animated donkey, no nuthin'. No point, really.

Another such non-entertaining pile of rubbish is The Seventh Seal. AVOID at all costs. I don't understand why that Bergman cat is even "respected". What a load. He's no Michael Bay, I can assure you of that.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Anaconda has Ice Cube. I like Ice Cube. How about Anaconda 2?

I think i was about 8 when i saw Batman and Robin and was psyched about Arnie, i just remember having fun, it's a terrible movie, but kinda goofy cheese.

How about Glitter, Gigli, Battlefiled Earth, Jaws 3 & 4, Police Academies, Spice World or Street Fighter (Van Damme).

Freaky Friday.

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
…don't let anyone tell you you're not talented.
I don’t. As matter of fact, that’s why I started peeing on people’s legs in the first place.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Runaway Bride did suck... more so than Batman and Robin... IMO...
Now that’s an endorsement I approve of.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I agree too. No car chases, no dinosaurs, no pyrotechnics, no talking animated donkey, no nuthin'. No point, really.

Another such non-entertaining pile of rubbish is The Seventh Seal. AVOID at all costs. I don't understand why that Bergman cat is even "respected". What a load. He's no Michael Bay, I can assure you of that.
So…I’m sitting here eating my din-din; enjoying the forum and reading this thread.

Stew…shot right outta my nose. Dog’s pretty happy.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
How about Glitter, Gigli…
Had to have seen ‘em to agree. You saw them?

The Adventure Starts Here!
Glitter was amazingly, horrendously BAD. BAD BAD BAD.

Which reminds me: Coyote Ugly was UGLY BAD too. Pleh pleh pleh.

Yoda: Irony Police. You misspelled "Pyro." And yes, that's what he meant by his "Hello."

Meanwhile, we sit here watching Meet Joe Black for the second time in as many months. Hubby loves it, for some inexplicable reason, and all I'm thinking is, "Good grief, will this movie EVER end??"

Then again, he's on his third Coors Light .... so that might make all the difference.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
The Ring anyone?

*kicks at it*
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Originally Posted by Austruck
...sit here watching Meet Joe Black..."Good grief, will this movie EVER end??"
I really, really, like that movie.

*sniff*

A poor use of all that talent, especially Pitt. I usually appreciate his acting, but there's just nothing here for him in this role. I'm totally unconvinced he's Death. Sorry, Brad.

There's almost nothing I don't like Hopkins in, even this one. (I take it you're watching it on Encore too...?) But, he alone can't save this movie for me, sorry. It's like it has one pace -- medium -- and it never really wavers from that. And, everything just takes too long.

encore it is...

a lot of people didn't like this film..most of the critics said that it put them to sleep...but i fell in love with it the first time i saw it...my favorite part has always been death and taxes....

It's not the acting or the sets or the music -- all top-notch. Even the idea is good. But, I just DON'T believe Pitt's character is Death. It just doesn't even come close to convincing me, even with Pitt's otherwise usually stellar acting. Pitt is too close to the wide-eyed innocent to be believable as Death. Not a thing scary about him, and let's face it, the movie loses something unless you're convinced he is Death and has that power. It just doesn't seem scary and inevitable, like in reality. I think Pitt was just miscast in this role, good though he otherwise is.

Plus, it's a three-hour-plus movie. Egad. It just doesn't need to be this long to tell this story.

Yes, the death and taxes part (just over) is probably the best line.