Punker's Box-Office Roundup!

Tools    

ces laughed as they watched Will Smith portray a date doctor who's career is jepordized when a female journalist tries to expose the flaws of his program in HITCH.The comedy earned an estimated 43,000,000 dollars this weekend playing in about 3,575 theaters.It was #1 this weekend.

Coming in at #2 this weekend was thriller Boogeyman which opened in a number one last weekend with an estimated 20 million dollars.It earned an estimated $10,000,000 at the box-office.

The Sony distributed comedy Are We There Yet? came in at #3 this weekend with an estimated 9,000,000 dollars.The comedy had already earned an estimated $61,000,000 and looks to pass the century mark before it's run is over.

The Oscar's are just around the corner and people are taking interest in the nominees.Jumping up one spot into #4 is Clint Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby.The nominee has already earned an estimated 45,000,000 and looks to finish with about $60,000,000.

Pooh's Heffalump Movie premiered at a decent spot,#5 with an estimated 6,000,000 dollars.The film's aimed at younger kid's which looks to tighten up it's take at the box-office.Look for this film to end it's run with around $15,000,000.

Universal's The Wedding Date suffered a major drop this week from it's place in second last week.Coming in at #6 "Date" took in about 5,600,000 million dollars bringing it's cum to 19,000,000 million.

Fox's horror/thriller movie Hide and Seek came in at #7 in it's third week with an estimated 5,500,000 dollars.The thriller starring Dakota Fanning and Robert Deniro has already earned 43,000,000 dollars and should finish with around $60,000,000.

Coming in at 8th and 9th place where two more Oscar nominees.Sideways came in at number 8 with an estimated 5,000,000 dollars bringing it's cume to 53,000,000 dollars.Coming in at number 9 was Martin Scorsese's The Aviator with an estimated 4,637,676 dollars bringing it's cum to about 82,000,000 dollars.Look for "The Aviator" to finish it's run with around 90,000,000 dollars.

Universal's smash hit Meet The Fockers came it at #10 this week with an estimated $3,400,000 brining it's cume to an outstanding 269,000,000 dollars.

Two films drop out of the top ten this week.The WB's Racing Stripes and Paramount's Coach Carter both ended there run's with an estimated $2,725,000 from "Stripes" and an estimated $2,625,000 from "Carter"."Stripers" ended it's run with an estimated $43,823,000."Carter" ended with an estimated $62,991,000.

Come back this Friday for predictions on "Constantine" and "Son of the Mask"

Originally Posted by Punker69
Coming in at number 9 was Martin Scorsese's The Aviator with an estimated 4,637,676 dollars bringing it's cum to about 82,000,000 dollars.
WTF!?

Originally Posted by Lance McCool
WTF!?
Ha Ha

I believe he meant to say sum. Pleeeeeeease tell me i'm right punker.

I mispelled it but it's suppose to say cume.Its another way of saying sum if i'm not mistaken.

A system of cells interlinked
I mispelled it but it's suppose to say cume.Its another way of saying sum if i'm not mistaken.

You are, there is no such word

I'm positive ive heard it around when i've read other box-office reports.

I'm positive ive heard it around when i've read other box-office reports.
No, it definitely is not a word... I looked it up in two reliable sources and I've never heard anyone use it before you, sir. I can't imagine what existent word you might have confused it with.

Wow im puzzled.I thought it was normal word.I've heard it from other box-office reporters.Anyways I'll use another term next time.Thanks for the warning.

This week audiences laughed there hearts out again with "hitch" which opened in at number one for the second week in a row earning an estimated 36,000,000 from Friday to Monday.Amazingly Smith has already had 4 films shoot past the $150,000,000 marker and this one looks to be the fifth.It has already earned 95 mil to date.

Close behind was the new R rated thriller "Constantine" which deputed at #2 this weekend with an estimated $33,000,000.It has now become the third biggest opening for a film around the Presidents day region ever.The reviews where mixed but that didnt stop audiences from pouring in to see this film.

Coming in at #3 was "Because of Winn Dixie" which debuted with a decent $13,000,000.The film appealed mostly to family audiences which attracted a crowd.In fact at my theater some showings where sold out.

At #4 this weekend was "Son of the Mask" which opened at $9,000,000.The film appealed more to children then it did to adults so that toned down it's take over the weekend quite a bit.The original "Mask" debuted with an estimated $23,000,000 a few years ago.Look for this film to end it's run with about that much making it a box-office flop.

The Oscars are getting close and people are still flocking to theaters to see Clint Eastwoods "'Million Dollar Baby" which pulled in an estimated 8,000,000 mil bring its cume to 55.6 million dollars.The film has potential to do well even after the oscar's because it has been showing so much strength over the past weeks staying in the top ten.

Ice Cubes comedy hit "Are we there yet?" still showed up with good numbers bringing in an estimated 8 million dollars bringing it's cume to about $71,000,000 so far.

Sony's horror/thriller "boogeyman" dropped to #7 bringing in an estimated 6 mil bringing its cume so far to about $41,000,000.Meanwhile the Disney flick "Poohs Heffelump Movie" brung in 5.3M bring the children's flick cume to 12M.

Miramax's oscar nominated film "THE AVIATOR" is still holding strong bringing in about $4,000,000 this week bringing its cume already to 88M.This is Scorsese's top grossing movie so far of his career.Close behind the film coming in at #10 was "The Wedding Date" bringing in about 4.5M bringing its cume to about 25M.

Three films dropped out of the top ten this week."Sideways" which grossed 4M bringing it's cume to about 58M.A Deniro pair also dropped out of the top ten this week. "Hide and Seek" brung in an estimated 3M bring its cume to about 48M so far."Meet the Fockers" finsihed it's amazing two month run with an estimated 273M to date.The film brung in an estimated 2.3M this weekend making it the second highest grossing comedy of all-time right behind "Home Alone".Worldwide the film has grossed an outstanding 425M to date.

"Meet the Fockers" finsihed it's amazing two month run with an estimated 273M to date.
I wasn't really keeping track of this film's stats but i found it surprising that it is close to the 300 million mark. I honestly thought it tailed off dramatically after a couple of weeks because of how i percieved the film after viewing it, and along with my friends and other comments towards it. I figured it close to 120 million by now.

I thought it was going to make money but never as much as it did seeing as how I didnt think it was that great.It was very suprising.

This weekend Lions Gates Films took a major boost at the box-office with their african-american comedy "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" .The film came in at #1 this weekend and took in a suprising 22M during the oscar weekend.The film which played in a very small 1,483 theaters focuses on a woman named Helan who had the perfect rich life with her husband Charles.Everything seems to be going perfect until her husband kicks her out to make room for another woman.Now in a comical way she has to piece her life back together and get on her feet.

Sony's smash hit comedy "hitch" droped from first place this week and came in at #2 with an estimated 21M.The film suffered a 33% drop but it didnt stop it from bringing its 14 day cume to about 122M.The film which focuses on a date doctor who has trouble with his own love life has become Smith's 5th film to hit the century marker.

Warner Bros horror/thriller "Constantine" droped from second place this weekend down to third.The film about a demon fighting exorcist pulled in about 12M this weekend bringing it's cume to about 50M over a nine day period which isnt that bad considering it's tough competition with all the new releases.

Miramax's new horror film "Cursed" came in this weekend at second place.The new Wes Craven flick about flesh eating human wherewolves came in with about $9,600,000 which is very decent but not what I personally was expecting for the new horror film.It seems like alot of people werent attracked to the film which was a suprise seeing as how recent horror films like "The Grudge","White Noise",and "Saw" did very well.

Sony aimed for their new comedy "Man of the House" starring Cedric the Entertainer and Tomy Lee Hones to do as well as "hitch" but instead it premiered at fifth place with a mediocre 9M.I think the reason was is that it stars two adult focused actors that didnt appeal to very many teenagers which are some of the biggest influences at the box-office.

With the Oscars already here Eastwood"s "Million Dollar Baby" made an estimated 7,200,000M which slightly better than last weeks total.The oscar contender has already made an estimated 64,707,000 already and is doing really well seeing as how it's been in release for 11 weeks now.

Dropping out the top three this weekend was "Because of Winn Dixie" which droped down to 7th place this weekend bringing in about 6,750,000 bringing it's cume to about 22M so far.The film that aimed at younge children dropped 33% and should end it's run with about 30M.

It seems like African -American comedies are dominating the box-office nowadays.The top two movies in the country focus around black people and Sony's hit starring Ice Cube came in at #8 bringing in an estimated 4M this weekend bringing it's cume already to 76M.The film has been donig decent and should make about 85M before it's run is over.

This week the new film by Martin Scorcese and an oscar contender "THE AVIATOR" droped 6% and pulled in about $3,900,000M over the oscar weekend.The film has already made $93,000,000 and you can bet Scorcese is crossing his fingers,hoping it becomes his first film to cross the century marker which I think it will.

New Lines "Son of the Mask" dropped an embarrassing 49% taking in an estimated $3,800,000 this week coming in at number 10.The sequel the 1994 smash hit "The Mask" starring Jim Carrey has only made an estimated 14M over a 14 day period which is extremely poor and a big failure to the distributing company that was behind the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.

Just as I suspected audiences where going to flock to the theaters this weekend to see a much different side of Vin Diesel in Disney's "The Pacifier" which premeired at #1 this weekend.Part of the movie's high gross of 30M was owed to the film wide range audience.It was a film kid's as well and older "XXX" fans could see and enjoy.

John Travolta's new film "Be Cool" which is a sequel to "Get Shorty" premiered at number two this weekend bringing in an estimated 23M.The film aimed at the older crowd from about 30years and up which effected it's competition with "The Pacifier".Other wise a good opening for Travolta which just barely beat his previous films opening of 22M for "Ladder 49".

Will Smith's box-office hit "hitch" in which he plays a date doctor struggling with his own love life dropped down to #3 this weekend bringing in an estimated 12,500,000M already bringing the Sony comedy to an excellent 138M in just four weeks.

The competition tightened last week for "hitch" which dropped down to second place after the release of Lion Gates Films "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" premiered at #1.Will Smith had the last laugh though when "Diary" dropped down to #4 bringing in 12M suffering a 45% drop.The wild African-American has earned 21M over 9 days.

Even though the oscars came and went Clint Eastwood's "Million Dollar Baby" is still holding up and increasing it's numbers.This week it jumped up a spot and came in at #5 with an estimated 8M 15% up from last week.The movie about a struggling female boxer has nabbed Hilary Swank an Oscar for her performance and has landed Clint Eastwood and an oscar for directing,the film also won the oscar for best picture."Baby" has turned into a million dollar success bringing in an estimated 76M to date.

Warner Bros eerie thriller "Constantine" dropped three places this week bringing it to #6.This weekend the film brough in 6M suffering a 50% drop bringing it's cume to about 60M so far.

Wes Cravens new thriller "Cursed" about two teens who become wherewovles came in at #7 this week bringing in 3,880,000M.The campy thriller suffered 59% drop and has earned 15M over a 9 day period.Look for this film to end it's run with around 25M letting Wes Craven suffer yet another horror flop.

Last week Sony was hoping their success with "hitch" would continue when they released "Man of the House" which premiered at #5 last week.It hasnt been getting any better for the Tomy Lee Jones flick as it dropped downt to #8 this weekend bringing in an estimated 3,500,000M bringing it's cume to about 13,900,000M so far.Look for this film to end it's run with 17M.

Fox's childrens flick "Because of Winn Dixie" dropped down to #9 this week bringing in an estimated 3,450,000M.The film suffered a 49% drop from last week's gross and has brung it's cume to 27M which isnt amazing but pretty decent considering the range of the film to appeal to the younger demographic.

Warner Independent Films "The Jacket" starring Adrien Brody premiered at #10 this weekend with an estimated 2,700,000M.

Three films dropped out out the top ten this weekend. "THE AVIATOR" ,"Son of the Mask",and "Are we there Yet?" all dropped out together.Martin Scorsese's oscar winner "The Aviator" dropped out of the fab ten this weekend and brung in an estimated 2,343,000M bringing it's cume over 12 weeks to 97M.New Line Cinema's "Son of the Mask" dropped out this weekend with an estimated 1,550,000 bringing it's cume to 16M over three weeks.Columbia Pictures "Are we there Yet?" brung in an estimated 1,600,000M bringing it's cume to 78M over a 7 week period.

All I know is that it's another way of saying "sume".

Thanks for the appreciation.I dont think there will be a report this weekend though but I will try hard to write one the next week.I really enjoy bringing the totals to you every week.

Randomly visiting for now
I really enjoy bringing the totals to you every week.
and we like getting them

Sorry guys I havent been able to write the report out in a while.The internet is temporarily down at my house.

New Review though on the "ring 2" in Movie Picks.