5. Bambi Lee Savage - Darlin'
6. Ezra Furman - Forever in Sunset
7. Ozzy w/Lemmy - Hellraiser
8. Spectres - Tell Me
9. The Piranhas - Tom Hark
10. Marianne Faithful - Working Class Hero
11. Limi-T 21 - Estas Enamorada
12. Monster Magnet - Gods and Punks

The Piranhas - Tom Hark - Were the Ozzy/Lemmy one not so overpowered it might've pipped this, but I love this song. Especially at the moment. Another I've rediscovered and I'm playing it most days atm.

Ozzy Osbourne with Lemmy - Hellraiser - I rediscovered the original about 2 months ago. Adding Ozzy is great idea.

Ezra Furman - Forever in Sunset - This reminds me of something and I can't remember what. I'm sure it's an 80's song (which is the vibe of this whole thing) but I'm sure it's a specific song. Anyway, I like this.

Monster Magnet - Gods and Punks - Oh, this kicks. Love that instumental break in the middle.

Goat - Run to Your Mama - Another odd one, though I'm much clearer on how I feel about it. Probably because it feels more in my wheelhouse?

alt-J - Fitzpleasure - Another I'm not sure about. I think it fits quite nicely into if I don't hear it again I won't feel I'm missing anything, but I'd be more than happy to hear it again terratory.

Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools (Drank) - This is pretty good. Mellow with a nice flow.

Tyler Childers - Feathered Indians - Odd song. I don't quite know how I feel about it. I think I like it more than I normally would, if that makes any sense?

Limi-T 21 - Estas Enamorada - Obviously very much outside my wheelhouse, but I feel it'd work better for me if it was more 'traditional'? I don't even know if that's the right word, but it's what comes to mind for me. Lost me towards the end, too.

Marianne Faithful - Working Class Hero - Never gotten the appeal of Marianne. Not as a singer, actress or sex symbol. Just misses me out completely.

Spectres - Tell Me - Sorry, it just sounds too Morrisey for me.

Bambi Lee Savage - Darlin' - The guitar is quite nice. Otherwise I'm afraid there's nothing here for me.

I've had a question that is kinda related. Just out of curiosity, how do you all approach these things? I mean, if you ask me to come up with a song to recommend, my mind would melt trying to browse through everything and anything that I listen to and I like. So whenever I get in these tournaments, I try to come up with a theme in my mind and look for songs that tie into that theme. For example, the one we did in October, I mostly went with songs that dealt with monsters (Cranberries' "Zombie", Ozzy's "Bark at the Moon"). This time, I'm alternating between rock songs (which is what I mostly listen to) and songs from local Puerto Rican artists from varying genres (salsa, rap, pop ballad, merengue). This makes it a bit easier to single out songs for me. Anyone does something similar?
I've used (and use) all the ways mentioned so far except the track numbers. I used themes for quite a while. Sometimes I'll choose a song I think most won't have heard because it's fairly peculiar to the UK (usually pre-90's as it's less likely), Obviously sometimes you just feel the need to share a great song. If I'm going with a really global artist that usually when it'll happen.

Sometimes I'm just in the mood for that song and so pick it so as not have bother to choose something.

Or times it's just because it's Wet Leg.

Round 13 Nomination:
Wet Leg - Wet Dream

Round 12:

1. Spectres - Tell Me
2. Ezra Furman - Forever in Sunset
3. Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools (Drank)
4. Bambi Lee Savage - Darlin'
5. Marianne Faithful - Working Class Hero
6. Ozzy Osbourne with Lemmy - Hellraiser
7. Tyler Childers - Feathered Indians
8. Monster Magnet - Gods and Punks
9. alt-J - Fitzpleasure
10. Limi-T 21 - Estas Enamorada
11. The Piranhas - Tom Hark
12. Goat - Run to Your Mama

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
1. Monster Magnet - Gods and Punks
2. Ozzy Osbourne with Lemmy - Hellraiser
3. The Piranhas - Tom Hark
4. Goat - Run to Your Mama
5. Bambi Lee Savage - Darlin'
6. Ezra Furman - Forever in Sunset
7. Marianne Faithful - Working Class Hero
8. Tyler Childers - Feathered Indians
9. Limi-T 21 - Estas Enamorada
10. Spectres - Tell Me
11. alt-J - Fitzpleasure
12. Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools (Drank)

Spectres - Tell Me
This is giving me 80s Depeche Mode vibes, I like it.
Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools (Drank)
Top 5 KL joints for me, heard too many times because of gta5.
Bambi Lee Savage - Darlin'
I unintentionally got into a Billy Bob Thornton movie marathon and heard this song for the first time during the film Sling Blade.
The Piranhas - Tom Hark
Familiar 80s 'Madness sound', good times + saxophone bonus.
Ozzy Osbourne with Lemmy - Hellraiser
Tyler Childers - Feathered Indians
I like this guy, nominated his song 'Nose On The Grindstone' in the previous tournament.
Limi-T 21 - Estas Enamorada
Wow this is fast, can you dance to this Thief?
alt-J - Fitzpleasure
Marianne Faithful - Working Class Hero
Goat - Run to Your Mama
Ezra Furman - Forever in Sunset
Monster Magnet - Gods and Punks

R13
The Alan Parsons Project - Don't Answer Me

Let the night air cool you off
1. Tyler Childers - Feathered Indians
2. Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools (Drank)
3. Goat - Run to Your Mama
4. Ozzy/Lemmy - Hellraiser
5. alt-J - Fitzpleasure
6. Spectres - Tell Me
7. Bambi Lee Savage - Darlin'
8. Limi-T 21 - Estas Enamorada
9. The Piranhas - Tom Hark
10. Ezra Furman - Forever in Sunset
11. Marianne Faithful - Working Class Hero
12. Monster Magnet - Gods and Punks

I've had a question that is kinda related. Just out of curiosity, how do you all approach these things? I mean, if you ask me to come up with a song to recommend, my mind would melt trying to browse through everything and anything that I listen to and I like. So whenever I get in these tournaments, I try to come up with a theme in my mind and look for songs that tie into that theme. For example, the one we did in October, I mostly went with songs that dealt with monsters (Cranberries' "Zombie", Ozzy's "Bark at the Moon"). This time, I'm alternating between rock songs (which is what I mostly listen to) and songs from local Puerto Rican artists from varying genres (salsa, rap, pop ballad, merengue). This makes it a bit easier to single out songs for me. Anyone does something similar?

I spend a lot of time considering this question over the 48 hours we have to choose. I have lots of possibilities, so many hundred of millions of songs to choose from, and I struggle over having to pick only one.

But I eventually do it. After lots of deliberation, I decide one is more perfect than all the others and that is what I want to share with the world.

And then as I start to type, I realize I'm going to pick something else. Sometimes something I haven't even listened to in decades and only have just suddenly decided is my favorite song of all time.

Wow this is fast, can you dance to this Thief?
I'm Latino but I have two left feet. I definitely put that stereotype that all Latinos are great dancers to the test

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
1. Ozzy Osbourne with Lemmy - Hellraiser
2. Marianne Faithful - Working Class Hero
3. Monster Magnet - Gods and Punks
4. Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools (Drank)
5. The Piranhas - Tom Hark
6. Goat - Run to Your Mama
7. Spectres - Tell Me
8. Ezra Furman - Forever in Sunset
9. alt-J - Fitzpleasure
10. Tyler Childers - Feathered Indians
11. Bambi Lee Savage - Darlin'
12. Limi-T 21 - Estas Enamorada

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
r13

Judas Priest - Turbo Lover

Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools (Drank)
Marianne Faithful - Working Class Hero
Goat - Run to Your Mama
Ezra Furman - Forever in Sunset
alt-J - Fitzpleasure
Tyler Childers - Feathered Indians
The Piranhas - Tom Hark
Spectres - Tell Me
Bambi Lee Savage - Darlin'
Ozzy/Lemmy - Hellraiser
Monster Magnet - Gods and Punks

Who are we kidding, that Kendrick song was winning against nearly anything, as would probably nearly every Kendrick song, but that Goat song is a beast, and almost wanted to give it to that just for being that impressive on a first time listen.

And ya, I put my Marianne Faithful track above that one too, but let's not quibble. She's frail and old and half dead and is getting my support for being one of the all time great interpreters of songs (up there with Sinatra and Johnny Cash and Nina Simone for my money's worth)

I think this was the best round so far. I think most of them were great.

Round 12

1. Limi-T 21 - Estas Enamorada
2. Ezra Furman - Forever in Sunset
3. Ozzy Osbourne with Lemmy - Hellraiser
4. Goat - Run to Your Mama
5. Monster Magnet - Gods and Punks
6. Tyler Childers - Feathered Indians
7. The Piranhas - Tom Hark
8. Marianne Faithful - Working Class Hero
9. Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools (Drank)
10. Spectres - Tell Me
11. Bambi Lee Savage - Darlin'
12. alt-J - Fitzpleasure