4. Fat Dog - King of the Slugs
5. UNKLE feat. Thom Yorke - Rabbit in Your Headlights
6. Zebra - Light of My Love
7. Rina Sawayama - STFU!
8. Ten Years After - If You Should Love Me
9. Danko/Manuel - Drive-By Truckers
10. Brittany Howard - To Be Still
11. Vampyros Lesbos - The Lions and the Cucumber

Lots of good stuff in this round. I was particularly surprised by "Man in the Middle" and "King of the Slugs".

Both the Danko/Manuel and Brittany Howard tunes were very nice to listen, so don't be deceived by their spots.

I liked the funk of the Vampyros Lesbos song, but I felt it needed something more.

Thom Yorke is always a treat, and "Wherever I May Roam" might be my favorite Metallica.

But seriously... Nirvana had this in the bag the minute they nominated it.

Danko/Manuel - Drive-By Truckers
Ten Years After - If You Should Love Me
Nirvana - In Bloom
Fat Dog - King of the Slugs
Metallica - Wherever I May Roam
Brittany Howard - To Be Still
UNKLE feat. Thom Yorke - Rabbit in Your Headlights
Rina Sawayama - STFU!
Vampyros Lesbos - The Lions and the Cucumber
Black Country Communion - Man in the Middle
Zebra - Light of My Love

Winner: Nirvana - In Bloom (Nominated by John-Connor)

ROUND 11 RESULTS:

1st) Nirvana - In Bloom (108 points)
2nd) Metallica - Wherever I May Roam (75 points)
2nd) Ten Years After - If You Should Love Me (75 points)
4th) Rina Sawayama - STFU! (70 points)
5th) Drive-By Truckers - Danko/Manuel (69 points)
6th) Vampyros Lesbos - The Lions And The Cucumber (61 points)
6th) UNKLE feat. Thom Yorke - Rabbit in Your Headlights (61 points)
8th) Zebra - Light of My Love (59 points)
9th) Black Country Communion - Man In The Middle (56 points)
10th) Fat Dog - King of the Slugs (47 points)
11th) Brittany Howard - To Be Still (45 points)

Congratulations, @John-Connor!!!!!!

You win a free consultation with Madonna's plastic surgeon!!!!

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
... I also appreciate that our participants don't typically nominate widely beloved classics just to ensure themselves a meaningless "victory." If I nominate a song that ten of you hate, but one person loves enough to add it to a playlist or seek out more from the artist, that's a victory in my eyes.
Don't you think some adjustments to the rules are needed? Because the above is not rare at all.

To say, tunes which accumulated either 100M+ on Spotify or 100M+ YouTube views, to be excluded from the tournament.

Don't you think some adjustments to the rules are needed? Because the above is not rare at all.

To say, tunes which accumulated either 100M+ on Spotify or 100M+ YouTube views, to be excluded from the tournament.
I'd rather we didn't have any restrictions like that, personally. Even if we did something like that, the pick with the most familiarity would still have a leg up over the unknown quantities. Besides, the absolute freedom to choose any song you want is the icing on the cake of this game.

I've had a question that is kinda related. Just out of curiosity, how do you all approach these things? I mean, if you ask me to come up with a song to recommend, my mind would melt trying to browse through everything and anything that I listen to and I like. So whenever I get in these tournaments, I try to come up with a theme in my mind and look for songs that tie into that theme. For example, the one we did in October, I mostly went with songs that dealt with monsters (Cranberries' "Zombie", Ozzy's "Bark at the Moon"). This time, I'm alternating between rock songs (which is what I mostly listen to) and songs from local Puerto Rican artists from varying genres (salsa, rap, pop ballad, merengue). This makes it a bit easier to single out songs for me. Anyone does something similar?

I've had a question that is kinda related. Just out of curiosity, how do you all approach these things? I mean, if you ask me to come up with a song to recommend, my mind would melt trying to browse through everything and anything that I listen to and I like. So whenever I get in these tournaments, I try to come up with a theme in my mind and look for songs that tie into that theme. For example, the one we did in October, I mostly went with songs that dealt with monsters (Cranberries' "Zombie", Ozzy's "Bark at the Moon"). This time, I'm alternating between rock songs (which is what I mostly listen to) and songs from local Puerto Rican artists from varying genres (salsa, rap, pop ballad, merengue). This makes it a bit easier to single out songs for me. Anyone does something similar?
Here's my opportunity to share how much of a nerd I am about this game (and in general, probably): I like to match the song's track number on its album with the round number in the game. I have a list of songs in my collection, heard on Spotify, etc. arranged by track number and I simply choose which one I have a good feeling about based on the round. It gets harder to choose as the game goes on because the later tracks on albums tend to be not as good and/or too long to use in the game. Luckily, there's a lot of special editions out there with rough cuts, acoustic versions, etc. of the better tracks on the album. I just choose the version of the track I prefer.

Here's my opportunity to share how much of a nerd I am about this game (and in general, probably): I like to match the song's track number on its album with the round number in the game. I have a list of songs in my collection, heard on Spotify, etc. arranged by track number and I simply choose which one I have a good feeling about based on the round. It gets harder to choose as the game goes on because the later tracks on albums tend to be not as good and/or too long to use in the game. Luckily, there's a lot of special editions out there with rough cuts, acoustic versions, etc. of the better tracks on the album. I just choose the version of the track I prefer.
That's what I'm talking about! Thanks for sharing.

I'm in it for the loot actually. Some songs you guys nominate are added to my many playlists sorted by decade and/or genre. As to how I come up with my noms, it's a multitude of factors, sometimes just to share a song that's in heavy rotation in my house atm. Or a song I just heard in a movie and want to share with the group. Sometimes I want to test a songs timelessness, so in a way I'm using ya'll as a test crowd. Sometimes I hear a nominated song and think to myself, well if you like that you gon love this. Its all about sharing good music and enriching yourself with good music from the group. Songs you might've never found on your own because were all in different parts of the world from different backgrounds also songs I've totally forgotten about etc..

1. Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools (Drank)
2. Spectres - Tell Me
3. Ezra Furman - Forever in Sunset
4. The Piranhas - Tom Hark
5. alt-J - Fitzpleasure
6. Monster Magnet - Gods and Punks
7. Tyler Childers - Feathered Indians
8. Bambi Lee Savage - Darlin'
9. Ozzy Osbourne with Lemmy - Hellraiser
10. Marianne Faithful - Working Class Hero
11. Limi-T 21 - Estas Enamorada
12. Goat - Run to Your Mama