6. Smokie - If You Think You Know How to Love Me
7. Queen - Stone Cold Crazy
8. The Cure - In Between Days
9. Beastie Boys - No Sleep Till Brooklyn
10. Beastie Boys - Make Some Noise
11. Lana del Rey - F*ck It I Love You
12. M.I.A. - Bad Girls
13. Chat Pile - Slaughterhouse

I really liked the Boomerang song. I'm usually a fan of female-led heavy metal/rock in the vein of Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, etc. so it was a bit of a gimme for me.

My nom, from Ednita Nazario, is a song that came out when I was in college. She's a big star here in Puerto Rico, she's also from my hometown, and this was a bit of a departure from her as she was leaning more towards more modern music as opposed to more old-school ballads. This is one of my favorites from this era of her music.

PJ Harvey, I always enjoy. My wife is a big fan of her, and even though I haven't gotten into her as much, I always enjoy her music. I'm pretty sure I had listened to this one at some point.

I'm a big fan of Queen, but although I like it, "Stone Cold Crazy" is not one of my favorites.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Before this tournament, I've heard neither the songs nor the artists: Amaranthe / Ednita Nazario / Chappell Roan / Chat Pile / M.I.A.

I just vaguely know the name PJ Harvey and learnt several years ago that there is a popular girl Lana del Rey but I've never paid much attention.

I've known for years Joan Jett and Lita Ford and constantly listen to couple of theirs solo songs but it was several years ago when I came across this movie The Runaways (2010) and learnt they've been part of this rock band.

I've never paid much attention to The Cure's things. This tune In Between Days is somewhat familiar to me, probably from radio through the years.

For the first time I heard Stone Cold Crazy sang by James Hetfield + Queen's musicians during The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert 1992 that was broadcasted live world wide (what a great event this was). Metallica have a cover version of the song and I always connect it with them. I think, I've heard the original with Freddie couple of times after that.

I know the name Beastie Boys, not listen to them at all but I know very well No Sleep Till Brooklyn since this tune been everywhere during the entire nineties. Don't know the other tune.

Smokie and most of their songs been hugely popular in my pre-teen school. In the class, we had a group of girls who even established a fan-club.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
1. The Cure - In-between Days
2. Chappell Roan - Good Luck Babe
3. MIA - Bad Girls
4. PJ Harvey - 50 ft Queenie
5. Chat Pile - Slaughterhouse
6. Beastie Boys - No Sleep Til Brooklyn
7. Ednita Nazario- Espiritu Libre
8. Beastie Boys - Make Some Noise
9. Queen - Stone Cold Crazy
10. Lana del Rey - **** it I love you
11. Smokie - If You Think You Know...
12. Runaways - Dead End Justice
13. Amaranths - Boomerang

Winner: Chappell Roan - Good Luck, Babe! (Nominated by Captain Spaulding)

ROUND 8 RESULTS:

1st) Chappell Roan - Good Luck, Babe! (108 points)
2nd) Beastie Boys - No Sleep Till Brooklyn (101 points)
3rd) The Cure - In Between Days (99 points)
4th) PJ Harvey - 50 Ft Queenie (96 points)
5th) Queen - Stone Cold Crazy (91 points)
6th) Smokie - If You Think You Know How to Love Me (86 points)
7th) The Runaways - Dead End Justice (84 points)
8th) Beastie Boys - Make Some Noise (80 points)
9th) M.I.A. - Bad Girls (76 points)
9th) Lana Del Rey - F*ck It I Love You (76 points)
11th) Amaranthe - Boomerang (68 points)
11th) Ednita Nazario - Espíritu Libre (68 points)
13th) Chat Pile - Slaughterhouse (59 points)

Round 9

1. Linda Martell - Bad Case of the Blues
2. Teddy Swims - The Door
3. Bees - Voices Green and Purple
4. Metric - Dead Disco
5. Portishead - Sour Times
6. Juan Luis Guerra - A Pedir Su Mano
7. Avantasia - Avantasia (The Metal Opera, Pt. 1)
8. Tony Bennett/Bill Evans - Young and Foolish
9. Radiohead - Nobody Does It Better
10. Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways
11. Rihanna ft. Drake - What's My Name?

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
1. Radiohead - Nobody Does It Better
2. Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways
3. Rihanna ft. Drake - What's My Name?
4. Portishead - Sour Times
5. Tony Bennett/Bill Evans - Young and Foolish
6. Metric - Dead Disco
7. Juan Luis Guerra - A Pedir Su Mano
8. Avantasia - Avantasia (The Metal Opera, Pt. 1)
9. Linda Martell - Bad Case of the Blues
10. Teddy Swims - The Door
11. Bees - Voices Green and Purple

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

1. Rihanna ft. Drake - What's My Name? (This was a grower for me)
2. Portishead - Sour Times (Between singing and instrumentals it was a harmonious piece)
3. Linda Martell - Bad Case of the Blues (Jolly good song)
4. Juan Luis Guerra - A Pedir Su Mano (Too fast and noisy, but I imagine it would be good at a drunk party (now we're talking))
5. Radiohead - Nobody Does It Better (Harmonious, but only decent overall)
6. Teddy Swims - The Door (I'm not a fan of Teddy Swims yet, but the song was listenable)
7. Tony Bennett/Bill Evans - Young and Foolish (Decent enough, at least it was a song)
8. Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Lyrics was a bit repetitive and instrumentals weren't cathartic enough, but the song was decent)
9. Avantasia - Avantasia (The Metal Opera, Pt. 1) (I didn't like the chorus, otherwise,- not impressive)
10. Metric - Dead Disco (Vocals and instrumentals were mediocre)
11. The Bees - Voices Green and Purple (Half the song was just noise and the other half repetitive, but it was mercifully short)

I used to add my thoughts, but I hated saying things about the songs at the end of my lists. They're at the bottom: why rub salt in the wound, right? I'll just add ones to my top 5.

1. Metric - Dead Disco (probably my favorite band I've discovered from these tournaments. I was lucky enough to see them live a couple years ago and they were awesome. I try not to reuse the same band, but they're such a good go-to when I'm not sure what to pick next).
2. Portishead - Sour Times (from one of my favorite albums of all time. Not my favorite song on it, but it's up there).
3. Tony Bennett/Bill Evans - Young and Foolish (Bill Evans could play, couldn't he? My dad is also a big fan of theirs. I'll share this with him.)
4. Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (not much else to say but great blues guitar playing. I'm pretty sure I've heard this in more than one commercial, TV show or movie.)
5. Avantasia - Avantasia (The Metal Opera, Pt. 1) (Epic! I've listened them before and I'm a fan as well. It made me realize I've been pronouncing their name wrong, i.e. fantasia. The five-syllable pronounciation sounds a lot cooler, doesn't it?)
6. Juan Luis Guerra - A Pedir Su Mano
7. Radiohead - Nobody Does It Better
8. Linda Martell - Bad Case of the Blues
9. Teddy Swims - The Door
10. The Bees - Voices Green and Purple
11. Rihanna ft. Drake - What's My Name

My dad is also a big fan of theirs. I'll share this with him.

This is the reason this is the best thing on this forum.

[quoteI hated saying things about the songs at the end of my lists. They're at the bottom: why rub salt in the wound, right? [/quote]

I probably get pegged as a person who likes shitting on things that other people like, but I'm very much the opposite. And what I most like about these competitions, is it isn't a competition. It's about people sharing things they like, and not feeling judged for it. So I'm the same in not wanting to lay it on thick if I wasn't into something. That's not why I'm here.