The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Do you guys think Parasite or Mad Max: Fury Road will win?
I guess The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure won't make it after all.

I'm betting on Parasite. I think its recency will give it the edge. I'm totally fine with either one winning, though.

Trouble with a capital "T"
I haven't seen Shoplifters yet. I believe there's been a couple thematic comparisons here and there, but I can't speak to how accurate they are.

You've probably heard this before, but when you watch Parasite, try to know as little as possible about it.
That's me! I know nothing

#4 is too high, but Whiplash is a good film
#3 is too high, but Grand Budapest is a good film

I’m gonna say this in the most respectful way possible. Despite turning 36 next month, this countdown made me realize I’m on the younger end of the spectrum in this community and I should keep that in mind when setting expectations going forward.

I’m gonna say this in the most respectful way possible. Despite turning 36 next month, this countdown made me realize I’m on the younger end of the spectrum in this community and I should keep that in mind when setting expectations going forward.
Meaning you expected more Hannah Montana and less Denis Villeneuve?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I love Wes Anderson, but Grand Budapest Hotel is one of his weaker films,in my opinion. It's not bad, but I would rank it 7th out of his 10 films.

Seen: 94/98

Do you guys think Parasite or Mad Max: Fury Road will win?
Parasite would be my guess. Both are great films and I have both on blu ray, although neither made my ballot.

The Grand Budapest Hotel...didn't realize it was loved that much around here. I guess all it takes for a movie to make it these days is pretty pastel colors
Says the guy with The Umbrellas of Cherbourg as his all time #4..

And the award for most meaningless posts on the countdown goes to...

Says the guy with The Umbrellas of Cherbourg as his all time #4..
Good one...though if you read my review of Grand Budapest you'd see I'm also a fan of it's color palette.
The Grand Budapest Hotel
I also have very high praise for the sets, they are beautiful! I wish I could visit The Grand Budapest hotel in it's heyday. The rooms look so rich in their old world charm and class...very elegantly decorated and cool. And the colors of this film!...the pastel pinks, the lavenders, the powder blues....Vincent Minnelli would have loved this film. The art direction deserves high credit for such a beautiful looking film...

I love Wes Anderson, but Grand Budapest Hotel is one of his weaker films,in my opinion. It's not bad, but I would rank it 7th out of his 10 films.

Seen: 94/98
Damn impressive. I wonder if you have the highest watch count of this countdown?

36? Go clean your room kid!.....just joking You're OK by me! BTW, I'm at the other end of the age spectrum and I can tell I'm not in time with the average MoFo, but oh well.
But I gotta know what did you mean by "I should keep that in mind when setting expectations going forward"? I'm just curious.

Welcome to the human race...
Damn impressive. I wonder if you have the highest watch count of this countdown?
I've seen every title on this list. I doubt I'm the only one.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
I don't think there is a big difference between 36 and 46, these are one and the same generation.
Recently, there was an age poll in the forum. As far as I remember, there was only one user above 60 which is already a difference with 36.
Being 26, 36 and 46, I've liked one and the same movies and film directors (of course, I add some good newly appeared ones).

In addition, as far as I know, both Andersons, Wes and P.T., have a godlike status among the 25-years-old students at the art academy.
So, you should probably count yourself to the aged group of users.

I've seen every title on this list. I doubt I'm the only one.
Wow. How many movies a day do you usually watch? I watch one movie a day and I've seen less than half of the films on the countdown.

The trick is not minding
Wow. How many movies a day do you usually watch? I watch one movie a day and I've seen less than half of the films on the countdown.
Iro and Allaby usually have seen most films revealed on these countdowns along with Holden, Mr Minio, Scarletlion and possibly Siddon I’d say. They typically have seen either most or all, going by past countdown experience.

How many movies a decade do you watch? Unless one is pretty young, I am amazed how often members here have only seen thirty or so movies from these countdowns. But, some of us are more enthusiastic and obsessive than others.

Yes, I've seen all one hundred of the films on this countdown. Of course.

There are some I haven't seen, though. And all of that is by choice. :P

The trick is not minding
There are some I haven't seen, though. And all of that is by choice. :P
I imagine that wouldn’t be many though. And I also imagine you’ll get to them at some point anywys once you’ve finished with your usual Cat 3 and Pink binge 🙃

I imagine that wouldn’t be many though.
These are the movies I haven't seen:

98. The Descendants (2011, Alexander Payne) 80 points
94. Captain America: Civil War (2016, Anthony Russo and John Russo) 81 points
85. Deadpool (2016, Tim Miller) 88 points
83. Toy Story 3 (2010, Lee Unkrich) 88 points
82. The Martian (2015, Ridley Scott) 88 points
70. Easy-A (2010, Will Gluck) 99 points
68. Edge of Tomorrow (2014, Doug Liman) 102 points
58. Zero Dark Thirty (2012, Kathryn Bigelow) 119 points
46. Logan (2017, James Mangold) 134 points
35. Burning (2018, Lee Chang-dong) 163 points