Any NBA Basketball fans?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Is Luka ever going to get any help?

Yeah, this idea that because they made the Western Finals last year, thinking they'll make the next step is ludicrous. You lose Brunson, but get Wood. I don't know why Cuban is wasting all these performances. Then again, he let Nash go to Phoenix because he didn't want to pay him, and other guys, which is odd, since he has a ton of money, and is actually at the games.

I like how resting players on a back to back is practically the rule now and not the exception. Feel bad for fans going to games to see their favorite player play only to see them rest for 'management' reasons.

Wasn't this supposed to be to keep them healthy? Seems like everyone is always injured. I heard Gilbert Arenas say how current players won't admit it, but he said when he'd get fined 10k for being late for something, it would piss him off so much, that "The next time I sprain my ankle... 'Yeah, gonna need a couple more games to be right'" and then broke down his salary to show how they lost in the long run.

I haven't been to a game in years. When a friend of mine lived close to the arena, I might have gone to almost half the games but like you said, if I wanna go see Luka play, and he rests (which he did the first available time!), then the Eastern Conference fans have to wait another year for the possibility.

I only watch my home-team, and no other sport, so I'm kinda stuck, partly since the Pistons won a title right after I started watching. Toward the end, I didn't even bother to pause, which I would before, because I want to see all those little details, especially how guys play when they're down 30; character-wise, mostly. When the Pistons play hard, they win. Defense/offense is such a chicken/egg thing.. If you can't defend, you have to take the ball out with the opposing defenses set, and if you keep taking 3's, those bricks are going to be long misses, just asking for a fast break score. I miss a motion offense like the Kings played in the early 2000s. Their best passers were all big men - Webber, Divac, Brad Miller.

And the refs with all these fckin reviews.... driving me nuts, and that's when I usually get up and throw some food in the microwave, because the sound of that is better.

Morant is out indefinitely. Brandon Clarke tore something and is out for the year. Adams is out for the regular season (at least)... KD might be out for the regular season. Lebron is out for the regular season and possibly the season. Etc, etc.. It stinks that "Inside the NBA" is going to do NCAA... There isn't a game on TNT for weeks - during the most important part of the regular season, but I could never get into the NCAA, despite trying, because I started watching the NBA in the late 80s, and it's very boring now, but I don't watch any other sport, and need something to stare at while my imagination runs amok, until it does grab my attention, usually the last few plays of a game, if it's not a 45-pt blowout.

Boston-Milwaukee might be the best match-ups. I'd support re-seeding once the regular season is over. The East is top-heavy, but only one can come out.. Why? This model is outdated. The guys don't drive 400 miles to a game anymore. They don't even fly commercial. Private, and they have everything... Technology, team chefs.

So much for load management.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Check out the Hornets game tomorrow, you might see someone you know 😏

Well we're finally here. We managed to load manage through another season to get to (hopefully) the good stuff. Play in games start tomorrow. Be interesting to see who's health holds up. Minnesota has a punchers chance with that talent.

Punchers chance pun intended? haha

Too bad Dallas didn't load manage to perfection...

Punchers chance pun intended? haha

Too bad Dallas didn't load manage to perfection...
They tried but didn't want to give up a pick to the Knicks. Rudy's punches will have to wait til next year

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I’m counting on the NBA giving Charlotte the lottery win. Bump up the value before Jordan sells.

Heat lay a dud. Lakers Grizz could be good with no injuries

The trick is not minding
I would love to see Milwaukee vs Denver in the finals, but I doubt that will happen.
Boston vs Memphis or a combo of those four teams is very possible. Wouldn’t be surprised if Cleveland also makes it into the finals.

Not too surprised the ESPN, etc., noticed what horrible basketball was played. But this is the "only game in town" for me, as I don't watch any other sports.. Glad one game went to OT. Miami played un-Miami like basketball. Ant played horribly, but kept ... doing it. Go to the hoop! Draw a foul! Run off a screen for a mid-range jumper. AD fouled with 0.1 seconds of course. I said, "I'm sure someone will foul because I see it all the time".. Simple mistakes over and over. Too robotic on offense. Like when a team is down 1, but they shoot an off-balanced 3 (brick).

Everyone knows what everyone's gonna do, yet, there's really no defensive scheme outside of switch or not to switch. Some guys were still jumping at Derozan's pump-fakes from the 3, when everyone knows he doesn't want the 3. I can't see this 3-pt shooting contest last forever though, but I think it's going to be a long time before 'eye-candy' offense of the Sacramento Kings of the early 2000s is here.

I wonder if Wemby isn't fragile like Chet. Those tall guys don't seem to make it. Too lanky. I'm just curious who the Pistons get and if Cade is healthy.

Lakers-Grizz is going to be fun partly thanks to Dillon Brooks. He's going to get a few T's, FF's, jawing with Lebron, but it's something. Lakers improved at the trade deadline, but its the Phoenix Suns' to lose. Their "Big Four" can play decent to great defense, and the Big 3 can play off the ball, hit the mid-range.

Milwaukee and Boston are my favorites out East, and I feel Philly will blow it somehow. I think the NBA is a little less predictable. If the 3's go in, you win... It's too bad Dallas intentionally quit, after making it to the Western Conf. Finals, and still almost sending the game to OT. Jason Kidd and Luka Doncic admitted they weren't happy with that decision, and it's very unfortunate for competition. Cuban is a superfan, but constantly goes drops the ball when a guy wants to actually stay there! Brunson (who wanted 1/2 for an extension weeks before the season started), even Steve Nash. And then to trade all that for Kyrie, and not even test him out in the playoffs when it matters?? How can you properly evaluate his worth if you haven't seen them together in a 7-game series? They could have got hot, or cold, who knows, but that's why you actually play... It's unbelievable. Even as kids, we could never just dog it. NBA is becoming less sport and more (less) 'entertainment'

Watched my first NBA game in months last night, Toronto and Chicago. Toronto shot 50% from the free throw line, and it took 15 minutes to finish the last 60 seconds of game time. I'm glad I don't watch this league closely anymore haha

Bucks over Heat in 5
Celtics over Hawks in 5
Cavs over Knicks in 6
Sixers over Nets in 5

Nuggets over T'wolves in 6
Grizzlies over Lakers in 7
Warriors over Kings in 6
Suns over Clippers in 7