Movie Forums Top 100 of the 2010s - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

Only the one female director for me, just the way the cookies crumbled, but at least nine of mine do have a female acting in them.

Interesting! I didn't think about this either when making my ballot but checking now, it's 3 and a half. I knew who most of the directors were, only three I had to check and two of those I've already forgotten again.
I only have 3 directors whose names I readily recognize. Then a couple more directors whose names I'm kinda sorta familiar with. But newer movies aren't really my bag and I'm not really familiar with alot of newer directors names.

Oh, I actually have 3 and a half women director's too. The 'half' refers to a movie directed by a pair of directors, a man and woman. I wonder if that's the same film you have? I'll just have to wait to find out

Same here, but now that I checked, I have 5 films directed/co-directed by women. Ironically, 4 of them are foreign. Take from that what you may.

And those that know me can probably guess 3 or 4 of those, so I'll shut up now
I only had one foreign film on my list, directed by a Chinese male director.

I specifically avoided all films directed by women.

Hell, I even avoided all films that even had women in the cast. In general I avoid women, actually… or maybe they avoid me. Not sure about that one.

I looked up the IMDb ratings for some of my picks and it told me that IMDb is garbage.
That’s how I felt about Rotten Tomatoes when I looked my picks up there.

The truth is in here
I specifically avoided all films directed by women.

Hell, I even avoided all films that even had women in the cast. In general I avoid women, actually… or maybe they avoid me. Not sure about that one.

Isn't this how your birth went?

Doctor: It's a boy!
MovieMeditation's mom: I'm so happy!
MovieMeditation: Waaah! Waaah! Waaaah! (Translation: Get away from me, bitch!)

I've been working on my albums log as diligently as my movies log, especially for the 2010's. So far I've been struggling to find any new movies to reach my top 25.

IMDB ratings are so skewed toward the negative that like 5-6 means it’s a decent movie lol.

IMDB ratings are so skewed toward the negative that like 5-6 means it’s a decent movie lol.
If a 1 rating is the worst film a person has ever seen and a 10 the most amazing film one has ever watched...then the middle of the road would be a 5 which would be just an average movie.

Here at Mofo with the same philosophy a
is an average OK movie. Though a lot of people rate on a higher scale, including myself. To me a
is a decent average movie.

If a 1 rating is the worst film a person has ever seen and a 10 the most amazing film one has ever watched...then the middle of the road would be a 5 which would be just an average movie.

Here at Mofo with the same philosophy a
is an average OK movie. Though a lot of people rate on a higher scale, including myself. To me a
is a decent average movie.

1 + 4 = 5. 5 + 5 = 10. Since 10 - 1 = 9, and 9/2 = 4.5, then the actual Imdb middle ground would be 1 + 4.5 = 5.5.

I'm helping!