What do you feel is the biggest problem with modern entertainment

Tools    

not just movies but entertainment in general

movies tv shows comic books etc.

There is not enough originality and creativity. Too many things are based on something else, too many remakes, or adaptations of material that has already been adapted.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Political correctness, definitely. There’s also as ever the debate around originality, but I think that, superhero shit aside, it’s there, alright.
I would agree with these. These two also seem contradictory in wanting to make a good movie since political correctness and originally don't mix a lot of the time in my opinion.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Not enough gaping anuses. John Waters was a visionary.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

“I was cured, all right!”
My opinion:

Western Movies: Western hypocrisy; woke Hollywood bubble lecture politics; lack of good ideas; lots of remakes and super-heroes; bad sequels (with some exceptions); overused CGI; terrible Netflix/HBO (and others streaming services) TV shows for the masses.

Formula 1: Western hypocrisy - "we're pulling Russia GP out of the calendar but it's ok to race in Azerbaijan (this weekend) and China."

Game Industry (tabletop RPGs and eletronic games in general): The above; EA, Ubisoft, and many others that sell games like Battlefield 2042 with a huge lack of content and doesn't listen to their own core community witch makes than fail and put beloved IPs to rest; game journalism is a joke; Open World designs are not evolving since PS3/X360 era; too many DLCs; Pay-to-Wins like Diablo Immortal; big corporations harassing their own costumers; the death of Dungeons & Dragons system; Blizzard...

Can’t say I have a problem with any of this.

Correct.

We're getting what we "want," in a collective sense. It's just frustrating to, say, a community of self-selected movie lovers who take movies serious as an art form, to realize that most people view it more as a time-killer. Most entertainment is facile because that's what most people want: entertainment, as distinct from art.

Entertainment is just about entertaining, so almost by definition it's going to skew simplistic or forgettable. So depending on what you're trying to find out, it might be necessary to reframe the question somewhat about why people are satisfied with mere entertainment.

Most entertainment is facile because that's what most people want: entertainment, as distinct from art.
What would be an entertainment vehicle as opposed to an art vehicle? I ask because I wonder which category what I watch would fall into.

I always say I just want to be entertained so my tastes are fairly broad. Most of all, I want to escape into whatever I’m viewing & forget myself for a few hours.

What would be an entertainment vehicle as opposed to an art vehicle? I ask because I wonder which category what I watch would fall into.
There's no perfect definition or clear line, but I think we usually know it when we see it. There's a lot of network procedurals that are pleasant enough while we watch them but basically disappear from memory right afterwards.

I'm pretty sure most people watch a mix, but that most is disposable because most people are watching things to kill time. Which is fine. It's just far more common in the general population than it'll be on a niche interest site like this, which self-selects for people more interested in films as art.

I always say I just want to be entertained so my tastes are fairly broad. Most of all, I want to escape into whatever I’m viewing & forget myself for a few hours.
I think mere entertainment and genuine art both do this, it's just that the latter stays with us afterwards and/or provokes further thought (or a more profound experience during, though I'm guessing not everyone would find that part consistent with forgetting ourselves).

Honestly, for me the only problem is how much there is and the energy needed to sort through and organize it all.

It's a double-edged sword.

On the one hand, it's never been easier for people to make movies/shows or to write/perform and get those things in front of viewers.

On the other hand, there is just so much to wade through. At this point I have friends saying "Hey, you must be watching this show, right? It seems right up your alley!" and I've never even heard of the thing. There are so many services/platforms, it can get a bit overwhelming.