Can You Do Impressions?

Tools    

Only when I'm angry and mocking someone in a voice that sounds nothing like that person.

I can make a half-assed attempt at impersonating George C. Scott as Patton:

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country."
or
"It doesn't take a West Point graduate to figure THAT out."

Lucky for you that I don't have a recording of it...

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
A few years ago I was joking around with someone and discovered that I could do a pretty decent Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad. I think I said, "Where's my pizza? B*TCH?!" as a joke thinking it wouldn't sound at all like him but I kinda nailed it. Had the friend cracking up riffing on a Jesse style convo randomly dropping the words, "SCIENCE!!" and "b*tch" halfway through whatever I was rambling through.

I tried again this past weekend but completely forgot how he sounds and how I pulled it off. I may have had a cold at the time, which helped.

I used to do a few cartoon voices like Kermit, Ms. Piggy (KERRR-myeeee!), Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Beavis and Butthead, Pee-Wee, Howie Mandel's Bobby, Tom Hardy's Bane and maybe a few other standards. My voice has gotten more coarse over the years so most of those are out of my range now.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I've noticed that I can impress people. This is the most important thing when meeting a stranger for the first time. Since I travel a lot. I get a lot of new people in my life. And because of this skill I have a travel buddy when I travel anywhere.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I've noticed that I can impress people. This is the most important thing when meeting a stranger for the first time. Since I travel a lot. I get a lot of new people in my life. And because of this skill I have a travel buddy when I travel anywhere.

Same.. I do accents from a handful of countries, and everyone seems to like it, except one guy because he was the indirect target (which someone in the hostel told me).

My special talent is occasionally saying exactly one sentence in a perfect impersonation of someone and then immediately losing it and maybe never getting it back.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I do a world renowned Wooderson. Unfortunately, I excel at the creepier lines and thus, very rarely bring him out of the shadows. Circle of Trust type deal.

I don't do impressions but this is my favorite story about them:

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
I can do several. The only thing stopping me from getting into voice acting - aside from living on the east coast - was that I can't roll my R's. To me, that was something that might not be necessary but was detrimental enough to prevent me from trying.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

My special talent is occasionally saying exactly one sentence in a perfect impersonation of someone and then immediately losing it and maybe never getting it back.

I'm this way as well. As long as I catch myself off guard and start talking like someone else, I'm pretty good. But as soon as I realize I'm in the middle of impression, poof, it's completely gone. And then I proceed to be the absolute worst impressionist of all time