Things that annoy you...

Tools    

How much Liberty Mutual overuses that one guy in their commercials.
Is it overuse or just the frequency with which the commercials air?

"Doug" (the guy with the emu) is just another company spokes-logo (like "Flo" for Progressive).

Is it overuse or just the frequency with which the commercials air?

"Doug" (the guy with the emu) is just another company spokes-logo (like "Flo" for Progressive).

Yeah but Flo's appeal lasted longer. She had more personality than "Look at me! I obsess over insurance therefore I am odd enough to remain funny!"

English peas? I've never heard them called that before. I just call them peas... But then, I am English.
Same here. 🇬🇧

Yeah but Flo's appeal lasted longer. She had more personality than "Look at me! I obsess over insurance therefore I am odd enough to remain funny!"
I'd prefer emu guy to most of the "boardwalk" Liberty Mutual commercials... especially the "wet teddy bears" guy - that was funny maybe the first time (for it's oddness) but now it's just annoying.

Netflix used to tell a customer if she had previously seen a movie. They haven’t done this for a long time & it’s annoying. Yes, you can look through your “history, but that would take forever. I watched a documentary on Saturday that I quickly realized I had seen before.

People who have car alarms that keep going off during the day & worse the night. This drives me bonkers. Even if the person lives right there somehow they can’t hear their own car alarm going off every day.

I don’t drive: is a car alarm something that can be turned off? Why are they triggered (if a crime is not being committed)? Vibration?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
People who have car alarms that keep going off during the day & worse the night. This drives me bonkers. Even if the person lives right there somehow they can’t hear their own car alarm going off every day.

I don’t drive: is a car alarm something that can be turned off? Why are they triggered (if a crime is not being committed)? Vibration?

Car alarms can be turned off by pressing a button on the remote control. The owner doesn't even have to leave their house to shut it off. Some car alarms even notify the owner through the remote control, either by a sound or by vibration, so if the owner isn't close enough to their vehicle to hear the alarm, they should still know there's a problem from the remote control.

If the alarm is set too sensitive, anything minor can trigger it, even if nobody touches it. I had a car alarm that would go off anytime it was a little too windy. I had to have the settings fixed to make it less sensitive.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

You typed drive in a post about car alarms.

You have taken one more step along this perilous path of becoming a Certified Punsman, Class of 2022. God's speed, Stirchley, and may the winds help push your forward progress into this new world. We wheel be here waiting with open arms.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
How much Liberty Mutual overuses that one guy in their commercials.
lih-ber-DEE
lih-ber-DEE
lih-ber-DEE
LIH-ber-dee
LIIIIIH-ber-dee

Car alarms can be turned off by pressing a button on the remote control. The owner doesn't even have to leave their house to shut it off. Some car alarms even notify the owner through the remote control, either by a sound or by vibration, so if the owner isn't close enough to their vehicle to hear the alarm, they should still know there's a problem from the remote control.

If the alarm is set too sensitive, anything minor can trigger it, even if nobody touches it. I had a car alarm that would go off anytime it was a little too windy. I had to have the settings fixed to make it less sensitive.
Unbelievable. One numptie last month who lives across the street parked his car illegally at the pre-school next to my house. His alarm went off EVERY 15 MINUTES. I had no idea whose car it was & did not want to get a possible neighbor’s car towed. Just so happened that I was looking out of the window & a woman came to the car. Turns out it was his wife (who was also parked there). She spoke very little English, but grasped the situation & it was resolved without any unpleasantness.

You typed drive in a post about car alarms.

You have taken one more step along this perilous path of becoming a Certified Punsman, Class of 2022. God's speed, Stirchley, and may the winds help push your forward progress into this new world. We wheel be here waiting with open arms.
“Punswoman” if you don’t mind. Please do not be gender-aggressive, which will trigger my allergies.

Please also refrain from touching me with “open arms” unless you have fur, in which case feel free to rub against my legs. Otherwise, I will be forced to give you the boot, which has nothing to do with the trunk of an elephant.

More noise pollution. Getting out of the house at 6.30 a.m. for rosary prayer at church I hear the dreadful sound of lawn mowers two buildings down from my house. I run out & tell the guys this is illegal before 7 a.m. Got a bunch of lame excuses (they know it’s illegal), but we agreed that if they could finish the job it would never happen again. I considered this to be a reasonable conclusion. I showed them my house so now they know I’m not some random Karen who suddenly popped up out of nowhere.

I will be monitoring this situation.

I've gotten into watching Naked and Afraid lately (don't ask me why). I especially like the XL challenges where they have teams of former contestants.

I've always kind of liked survival programs and my all time favorite was the most authentic: Les Stroud's Survivorman.
Some people felt Survivorman was a bit on the boring side, but that's because it was real - I don't care for contrived drama for entertainment's sake.

That's what brings me to what annoys me about Naked and Afraid - almost every episode has the contestants voice fears about wild animals.

Now bugs and snakes pose a legitimate threat as even the production crews can't see all of them in advance, but as for large predators: the producers are not going to let their contestants be mauled in the wild or eaten on camera - if they did, they wouldn't have a show anymore.

The contestants are in no danger from large predators because the production crew that follows & films them have guns to protect themselves and the contestants from predators.

BUT... whenever the people talk about large predators, they then show stock footage of a bear, a jaguar, a cougar, a wolf, a crocodile, a lion, etc. These animals aren't necessarily anywhere near the contestants, yet they show the footage as if they were (thus: contrived drama) when both the show's producers and the contestants (and the audience) all know they are well protected from predators.

Large predators are not a realistic concern on the show. If anything poses a real danger it's the potential for mechanical injuries, getting sick from drinking contaminated water or eating game that hasn't been cooked enough, bug & snakebites or hypothermia, sunburn, heat stroke, dehydration, etc.

When people walk too slow while also walking in the middle lane so you can’t pass by

When people say while watching a film "did you see that?". No t*sser, I
paid £12 to come to the cinema and stare at the f**king floor.

People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"...... Didn't really give me a
choice there, did you sunshine?

When people say "life is short". What the f**k?? Life is the longest
damn thing anyone ever f**king does!! What can you do that's longer?

When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks "Has the bus come
yet?". If the bus came would I be standing here, Kn*bhead?

People who say things like 'My eyes aren't what they used to be'. So
what
did they used to be? Ears?, Wellington boots?

When your eating something and someone asks 'Is that nice?' No it's
really revolting, I always eat stuff I hate!

People who announce they are going to the toilet. Thanks! that's an
image I really didn't need.

McDonalds staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert
the 'Mc' before the item you are ordering.....It's has to be a
'Mcchicken Burger', just a 'Chicken Burger' gets a
blanklook...........Well I'll
have a McStraw and jam it in your McEyes you Mcf*ckin McTos*er!
You need to learn some serious people skills bro. Learn how to properly interact with humans