Coronavirus

Tools    

Here's a statistic I'd like to know about (if anyone has any info, please post...)

How many people who received the flu shot last year have died of Covid19?
How many who received the flu shot have become infected with Covid19?
How many who received the flu shot became infected and recovered from Covid19?

Don't know if there's any correlation or if a regular flu shot could provide any degree of protection, but we wouldn't be able to know unless the statistics were compiled and looked at.

Also, I had full blown flu last year (just about 1 year ago) after going to the hospital to stay with my mother while she was there. Exactly 3 days later I felt the fever coming on (it felt exactly like the last time I had the flu 30 years ago - I've never had a flu vaccine). I had chills, extreme body aches, 104 temperature for 4 days - was on my back for that time, loss of appetite, later vomitted (probably from too much muchus and medicine), got diaharrea, and had a severe cough & lung pain that eventually made it hurt just to breath. Took a good 2 weeks to recover mostly and 2 months to recover completely.

A few days into my flu, my mom developed a severe cough (without the fever, etc.) - but she had gotten a flu shot so I'm thinking maybe that prevented her from getting full blown flu. It seems we both picked it up in the hospital - or I picked it up and she got it from me.

I'm just wondering if having such a severe flu last year had me make antibodies that might protect me from Covid19? It seems I have a 30 year resistance to flu after having it severely (at least judging by the last 2 times).

I'm just wondering if having such a severe flu last year had me make antibodies that might protect me from Covid19? It seems I have a 30 year resistance to flu after having it severely (at least judging by the last 2 times).
Covid19 causes flu like symptoms but it isn’t the flu. It’s a completely different type of virus so the flu vaccine or natural immunity to certain strains of flu aren’t going to protect you from this novel Coronavirus.

Covid19 causes flu like symptoms but it isn’t the flu. It’s a completely different type of virus so the flu vaccine or natural immunity to certain strains of flu aren’t going to protect you from this novel Coronavirus.

To add to what you said, there are already two known mutations or strains now. One from China and the other from Middle East. Most of our Covid-19 patients in India are of the Middle East strain - primarily from Iran.

Now add densely populated regions like India and Brazil to this mix. God knows what new strains we will have - or are already present.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Yesterday I went out for the first time in 3 or 4 weeks (lost count) to throw away the rubbish.

Just as I thought - nothing interesting outside, and police can give you a fine if you stroll around for no reason.

Damn it, my English is screaming for some more use.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Our lockdown has been extended until April 30 and still a lot of people in my local are not following quarantine rules as if they don't give a penny on what will happen to them and to this country.

Have you applied for the CERB? I'm still waiting for mine to go through, but hear keep hearing everyone else is receiving theirs.
I just got the CERB payment I applied for late last week. If you still don't have yours, definitely call Service Canada (or the CRA if you applied through them instead).

A new eligibility window just opened, and apparently we have to keep applying every month. So maybe once you apply for April it'll get processed more quickly?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I just got the CERB payment I applied for late last week. If you still don't have yours, definitely call Service Canada (or the CRA if you applied through them instead).

A new eligibility window just opened, and apparently we have to keep applying every month. So maybe once you apply for April it'll get processed more quickly?
I called yesterday, hope to see it by tomorrow.

Suspect's Reviews

Here's a statistic I'd like to know about (if anyone has any info, please post...)

How many people who received the flu shot last year have died of Covid19?
How many who received the flu shot have become infected with Covid19?
How many who received the flu shot became infected and recovered from Covid19?

Don't know if there's any correlation or if a regular flu shot could provide any degree of protection, but we wouldn't be able to know unless the statistics were compiled and looked at.

Also, I had full blown flu last year (just about 1 year ago) after going to the hospital to stay with my mother while she was there. Exactly 3 days later I felt the fever coming on (it felt exactly like the last time I had the flu 30 years ago - I've never had a flu vaccine). I had chills, extreme body aches, 104 temperature for 4 days - was on my back for that time, loss of appetite, later vomitted (probably from too much muchus and medicine), got diaharrea, and had a severe cough & lung pain that eventually made it hurt just to breath. Took a good 2 weeks to recover mostly and 2 months to recover completely.

A few days into my flu, my mom developed a severe cough (without the fever, etc.) - but she had gotten a flu shot so I'm thinking maybe that prevented her from getting full blown flu. It seems we both picked it up in the hospital - or I picked it up and she got it from me.

Sorry to say but your previous flu is nothing compare to Covid-19. Wish it was just like every other flu virus in the market but it's not.

I've been following the numbers for my county (156 confirmed cases - out of 2,169 tested - and 2 deaths since the outbreak, 24 cases in my city). But there's one little bit of information on their site that really bugs me: the "age group" stats. They're broken up between 0-18 years, 19-64 years, and 65 and over. I get that the first group are "children," the third group are seniors, and the rest are "adults" but the range in that second grouping is so huge that the number is completely useless.

We've got masks to wear at work now but I feel like my coworkers are not taking this situation seriously enough. The masks are uncomfortable so neither of my coworkers that I worked with yesterday were wearing them, despite being within close proximity (2-3 feet) to some of our clients. I kept telling them to put their masks on but it was no use. It's absolutely maddening.

Sorry to say but your previous flu is nothing compare to Covid-19. Wish it was just like every other flu virus in the market but it's not.
But does anyone know this for sure? How many people who've died from Covid had a full blown flu last year? Are there any stats? If not, then who's to say?

It’s interesting that the “curve” of this thread is “flattening”. I think this is a good thing. Maybe we really will get through this in one piece.

You ready? You look ready.
One thing that’s for sure is there is so much new content up on the internet that it would take a few years to consume it all.

So really is a bright side to everything I suppose.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
YYZ - Rush #Quarantinejam Charlie Benante (drms), Alex Skolnick (gtr), Ra Diaz (bs)

Charlie Benante is the most underrated drummer of all time.

Massachusetts is now is now 3rd out of the 50 states with the most cases. I live in the city with the 2nd most cases, behind Boston, but it has a much higher rate.