Tools    

Legend in my own mind

Fishermans friends (2019)

Murder, My Sweet 1944 Directed by Edward Dmytryk

+

Night and the City 1950 Directed by Jules Dassin

+

Devil in a Blue Dress 1995 Directed by Carl Franklin

Il Lavoro (The Job) from Boccaccio '70 (1962)

Finally got around to watching this segment in its entirety. Directed by Luchino Visconti, starring Romy Schneider. Have to admit to not being much impressed other than with the quality of the production, which is quite elegant. But the script and characters didn't interest me much. The weakest of the four parts in my opinion.

4/10

Poison Squad (2020)

Starting to get a grasp on rating documentaries now that I have this one under my belt. Not quite as dramatic as some may hope, but the information within is truly valuable. A lot of themes to draw from, but one could be.... Why certain levels of government regulation is a good thing

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Marriage Story (2019)

Ugly, talky films with self-absorbed characters being irritating and horrible to each other are probably one of my least favourite types of films, so for this film to overcome that for me and manage to be sympathetic, moving and funny just shows how well it was done, I think.

Jumanji: The Next Level

You have to take your hat off to the Jumanji films for pulling off an entertaining mix of adventure and humour with broad appeal that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Cooties
(2014)
3.5/5

A funny but gory comedy about elementary-aged children infected by a virus to eat human flesh and the teachers who must do battle with them.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
The Highwaymen

Excellent movie from the viewpoint of two Texas law enforcement officers concerning the crime spree and deaths of Bonnie and Clyde.

The Lawnmower Man (1992)

Before the Matrix there was another movie that explored the nature of reality and the depths of truth in regards to our perception of reality. None of this is new, this is what the alchemists of the ancient world already knew, but was lost and forgotten. If we could only embrace wisdom instead of ignorance, this technology would free the mind of man.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
A Distant Cry From Spring - 7/10

Reminded me a tiny bit of "Hondo" (and a tiny bit of "Shane") but a bit drawn out. On IMDB and other places, it shows the movie is 1h 35, but mine was a bit over 2 hours.

Capote 7/10
Great acting especially by the always wonderful Philip Seymour Hoffman, so happy he won the oscar for this and i am certain he would have won another had he not died, a great actor with a brilliant collection of films to his name

Controversially, I hated Parasite: 2/10

“I was cured, all right!”

★★★★
The best film James Mangold directed so far.
I remember watching a random interview with Christian Bale during the Batman years, he said he is a racing fan. Seeing him in this movie made me happy because of that. In fact, almost every aspect of this film made me happy. We had a really good time with (and my girl doesn't even like racing). Probably my favorite at this year's Oscar.

Welcome to the human race...
Doom -

makes me long for the abundance of creative vision and filmmaking competence that can be found in the average Resident Evil movie

Just occurred to me that Steve McQueen would have loved this movie. If he were still alive, no doubt a small cameo would have been found for him.

Thought this would be rather dreadful, but the acting of Ullman & von Sydow kept the movie going. Really rather good.

Daft movie, but very well-acted. Surprised myself by finishing it.

Rather good. Had no idea who the 2 leads were until I went to imdb at the end.