Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Did you see the documentary, "Citizen Four"?
Well, I did. It was a wonderful true documentary, especially as a bookend to O. Stone's Snowden.

If you like the subject matter (I do), you would like another doc that Laura Poitras --director of Citizenfour, who was played by Melissa Leo in Snowden-- also directed called The Program. It's the story of real life higher-up in the NSA, William "Bill" Binney, who designed the program that the NSA (and doubtless others) use to spy on American citizens. When Binney realized what the agency was using it for, he resigned, and started to undermine the NSA and other Fed agencies who treat the public as suspects and enemies.

~Doc

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

Oscar for best cigarette smoking in a movie, goes to...

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Well, I did. It was a wonderful true documentary, especially as a bookend to O. Stone's Snowden.

If you like the subject matter (I do), you would like another doc that Laura Poitras --director of Citizenfour, who was played by Melissa Leo in Snowden-- also directed called The Program. It's the story of real life higher-up in the NSA, William "Bill" Binney, who designed the program that the NSA (and doubtless others) use to spy on American citizens. When Binney realized what the agency was using it for, he resigned, and started to undermine the NSA and other Fed agencies who treat the public as suspects and enemies.

~Doc
I'm a fan of Bill Binney, but haven't seen "The Program"... I'll look for it online. Thanks a lot, Doc!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Stan & Ollie (2018)

I'm not a fan of Laurel and Hardy, but I thought this movie was great.

Body And Soul (Oscar Micheaux, 1925)

Shame about some of the acting and pacing, not to mention the smh ending ... now if you'll excuse me - I's hongry an' tiahed

Within Our Gates (Oscar Micheaux, 1920)
+
Sadly not quite complete but its mix of storyline and soapboxing doesn't gel that well anyway imo and the jingoistic ending is quite frankly bizarre

Much better than I expected. Actually think it's the best film about Titanic yet. Admittedly, could have used a teeny bopper love triangle to tie it all together, maybe wring out a bit more emotion, but other than that...

The screenplay is overly cute and definitely one-sided, but the glorious all-star cast, including five Oscar-winning actresses, makes the film's problems a little easier to take.

ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD
(2019)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

A Zed & Two Noughts (1985)

Highly stylised (Greenaway, could it be anything other!?) tale of twin brothers obsession with decay and how it affects their relationships with others. A bit mad but engaging.

Midsommar

Copperplate Gothic is used much more than I realized – it's everywhere . One of its best was for the titles of Sharpe.