Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Uncompromised action movie.
This is the best blockbuster of the year. I wanted to see Cruise and some crazy stunts, and this film delivers! The halo jump at some point was amazing, how they filmed was fantastic. There's a bit of too much CGI in the last act, but I'm ok with that, this is a MI movie.

Sometimes, it looks like a TV series, and we all know that this is actually based on a TV show, so I'm ok with that too.
Cheesy quotes! Stupidly fun!
Superman was good in his role, I really liked him.
Is Rebecca Ferguson equally badass and hot as in the previous one? That is all I wanna know

Re-watch from 14 years ago. Good movie. Didn’t realize that Jon Foster is Ben Foster’s kid brother. Amazing how good Kim Basinger looked at age 51. Not odd at all that her lover was only 20 years old. Full frontal nudity from Mimi Rogers, which was brave of her.

MOTHER: (2017)

I was taken in by the synopsis of this film. What a mistake. Two hours of convolution, frustration and bewilderment. I can only blame myself as I could have turned it off any time. To be honest I was hoping it would improve and by the end we would have a revelation that made the tedium worth it. But no. No mystery revealed. Did I miss the object of this film? RottenTomatoes rated it 69%.

Moi.. not so generous.

Welcome to the human race...
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom -

If nothing else, I definitely agree with this guy's assertion that it's the Jurassic version of Alien: Covenant (but nowhere near as good):

Boys Town (1938)

From the top 100 cheers list, I thought this was pretty good even if it didn't quite leave me cheering. Spencer Tracy is solid as always playing Father Flanigan. He takes in troubled boys with nowhere to go and helps them turn it around. He expands until they have sort of their own little town, and I thought that was very cool. Whitey comes into the picture played by Mickey Rooney who hams it up, and is Father's biggest challenge yet.

Secondhand Lions (2003)

Nice wee film with a great cast, nothing special. It did keep me engaged till the end and was funny when it had to be. Nice seeing Caine and Duvall together, for that, Hayley Joel Osments performance and general whistfuness a 6/10 (wish Michael and Robert had got together sooner)

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

Documentay movie about music festival in Jarocin, which used to be cult, because of political reasons. Rage agains the communism.

Together (2000)

I found this bloody hilarious, dark humour. The dryness of the characters set against a hippie commune and all the problems that ensue. The timing in the 70s is prime also....son called Tet after the "Tet offensive"....that funny. Moddysson is, for sure, a strange director...8 corduroy flares out of 10

The Breakfast Club (1985)

A criminal, a basket case, a princess, a dork, and a jock have Saturday confinement with Paul Gleason. Before they can leave, they've each got to describe who they think they are. Five strangers with nothing in common, except each other.

Rating:
9.0 / 10

Heart Too Hot To Hold

MOTHER: (2017)

I was taken in by the synopsis of this film. What a mistake. Two hours of convolution, frustration and bewilderment. I can only blame myself as I could have turned it off any time. To be honest I was hoping it would improve and by the end we would have a revelation that made the tedium worth it. But no. No mystery revealed. Did I miss the object of this film? RottenTomatoes rated it 69%.

Moi.. not so generous.
It's about the creator not being able to perform for mother nature, so he finally gives in and then destroys her while sacrificing their kid to sheep.

It's an ugly movie. I despise it.

Adventures in Babysitting. Teenager Elisabeth Shue agrees to babysitting duties, only to be called out for help on a mission of mercy by her best friend. Reluctantly taking her young charges with her into the city, disaster strikes when the car suffers a blowout with no spare tyre, and events then rapidly spiral out of control... This late 80s comedy is as funny and charming as ever, the kind of comedy that just doesn't seem to get made anymore these days. Looks very nice on Blu ray too, with that 80s "look" that just makes me go all nostalgic and melty inside...

Dear White People (2014)

Life of the Party (2018)