Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Vietnam, eh?

Who wins this time?
Didn’t you hear? Nobody.

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Last night when I should've been sleeping, I done a short duo binge of two of my favorite movies:

Germaine Dulac - The Seashell And The Clergyman

Kenneth Anger - The Inauguration Of The Pleasure Dome from this set:

To which I give both a perfect 10/10

Vietnam, eh?

Who wins this time?

(I'd recommend the Douglas MacArthur collection.. It's not as pro-war as I thought it'd be, but I heard Burns' was.)
Ha! Now THAT's funny...

~Doc

Welcome to the human race...
Halloween (1978) -

Uh-oh, I think I'm starting to get over this one.

Boldly going.
Addams Family. 7.5/10
Casting was spot-on for Gomez, Fester, Pugsley and Granny.
Didn't care for Anjelica Huston as Morticia, or the guy who played Lurch.
Christina Ricci was amazing as Wednesday Addams, better than the original (but given more of a role, too).
A fun, irreverent break from these PC times.

A Dark Song (Liam Gavin, 2016)

Needed a better rhythm section imo

It

Solidly entertaining film. Nothing blew me away and i don't have much interest in seeing it again but a good one time watch.

+

The Exorcist

Still the best Horror

+

Wheelman (2017) ...

We watched this on Neflix last night, and were pleasantly surprised. Frank Grillo turned in a strong performance in this crime thriller written and directed by Jeremy Rush.

It's a low budget production which nevertheless is high on suspense, tension, and a fairly complex plot. The film's setting --mostly in Wheelman's car-- put me in mind of 2013's Locke, starring Tom Hardy-- another film whose action was primarily in an automobile.

At 82 minutes, it doesn't get long in the tooth, and had a satisfying ending.

Doc's rating: 7/10

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
I rewatched A Nightmare on Elm Street for Halloween, and I still maintain it to be an impeccably crafted work. I know the sequels are absurd - and I know the franchise has a similar reputation - but I think it is easy to forget just how atmospheric and scary the film is.

I rewatched A Nightmare on Elm Street for Halloween, and I still maintain it to be an impeccably crafted work. I know the sequels are absurd - and I know the franchise has a similar reputation - but I think it is easy to forget just how atmospheric and scary the film is.
I agree. I love the way it was filmed. Very dark and gritty. The music, too. The only film that had a great score. Very evil sounding. If they had stopped here, this film would be undisputed today instead of being the forgotten seed of the franchise, which is awful.

That's why I voted for it in a poll of 80's movies.

Welcome to the human race...
Addams Family. 7.5/10
Casting was spot-on for Gomez, Fester, Pugsley and Granny.
Didn't care for Anjelica Huston as Morticia, or the guy who played Lurch.
Christina Ricci was amazing as Wednesday Addams, better than the original (but given more of a role, too).
A fun, irreverent break from these PC times.
lmao what the villains/targets in these movies are exactly the kind of people that would complain about "PC culture" (as seen in the Thanksgiving play subplot in the second movie) hell isn't the whole point of the Addams Family is that their weirdness isn't just surface-level edginess but actually an emotionally healthy defiance of the fundamentally toxic aspects of the "normal" American monoculture

Halloween II -

oh to live in the universe where every installment of this franchise was some Season of the Witch-style standalone adventure instead of...whatever this is

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
The autopsy of Jane Doe (2016)

Genuinely creepy, tense and frightening.........her body is frightening. Somethings lacking which was apparent during the last third. Seems undercooked. Just unable to transcend to the A grade of horror films but there was potential.

7/10

Doctor Hackenstein:

For a bad movie, it was pretty good. I would say about a 6 out of 10. It was fun and bad in equal amounts.

Boldly going.
isn't the whole point of the Addams Family is that their weirdness isn't just surface-level edginess but actually an emotionally healthy defiance of the fundamentally toxic aspects of the "normal" American monoculture
Yup.