Are you a fan of Robocop (1987)?

Tools    

I sure am its a great movie
Yes although my memory of it living in the UK is diluted by the "TV version". Heavily edited and dubbed it's one of the most hilarious abominations you'd be fortunate enough to see.

I saw it in the theater when it came out. I was completely shocked by it as it wasn't well characterized by the articles about it (before the internet).

I saw it again immediately. Still a fan.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
From what I know @The Rodent likes it a little bit.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I really like the original and think that it's Verhoeven's best movie probably. I also like the recent remake, unlike a lot of fans of the original. But I do not like the sequels.

No, not really. Saw it at the time and thought it glitzy and superficial with a mind-numbing "meaning". Seen parts a couple of times since then (ooer) and not a lot has made me want to re-evaluate it.

The first Robocop was transcendent with vision.
We're lucky to still have the X-rated version.
The one for Total Recall's nowhere to be seen.
It's possible that it's something that used to have been.

It's bloody and violent, but not without purpose.
Every frame, every sound byte, was included on purpose.
No speech is overlong, no action overplayed,
All performances are perfect. Not one has overstayed.

The sequels tried to emulate, but couldn't cut the mustard.
They tried to be all topical, but most were filled with bluster.
The third outing was so very bad they left it on the shelf,
Till someone in the film vault figured, "Might as well."

If today's blockbuster movies were able to make us think,
They'd be a bit like Robocop, and ideas would begin to sink.
I'll try not to be snide.

It's a great movie, super original and edgy. If Robocop were sitting in a high chair, making a mess with his baby food he has to eat for the organic parts of his digestive system, he'd be called "ROBOSLOP".

It's an entertaining and gritty violent movie, but I do have some issues with the acting. Also it rips off Star Wars a lot. It calls it's space station Star Wars, it uses the same animation for the mech robot as the AT-AT walkers, it calls it a droid, and it uses sound effects from Star Wars when the mech powers down. That's only in the first 12 minutes. An iconic film no doubt, but definitely not a "classic."

It's an entertaining and gritty violent movie, but I do have some issues with the acting. Also it rips off Star Wars a lot. It calls it's space station Star Wars, it uses the same animation for the mech robot as the AT-AT walkers, it calls it a droid, and it uses sound effects from Star Wars when the mech powers down. That's only in the first 12 minutes. An iconic film no doubt, but definitely not a "classic."

Welcome to the human race...
I thought the Star Wars reference was supposed to be about Reagan's missile defence system, not the franchise - this makes more sense considering how much the film as a whole is satirising Reagan's America. Language like "droid" predates Star Wars anyway.