Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

“I was cured, all right!”
Berserk: The Golden Age Arc III (Series currently available on Netflix streaming service)-

Well, that took a left turn into where.

Berserk: The Golden Age Arc III (2014) is the last movie released in a series, based on a manga entitled Berserk. I first began watching these because I had heard that they were a source of inspiration to the Dark Souls series of video games, so I was curious. Oddly enough, I am not really a fan of those games per se, but I am a fan of their fiction and aesthetics.

Now, as for my rating of this movie. Currently my main problem with it, is that there are some pacing/editing issues. I would have rated it lower, if it wasn't for its transcendental nature near the midpoint. Outside of Enter the Void, this is the only movie I have seen that has made me feel like I was experiencing death and the afterlife, and the amount of care and effort put into this movie's imagery for it is impressive.

Be forewarned however, Berserk: The Golden Age Arc III depicts a brutal rape scene, and I suspect that fans of the manga series will not like it. Additionally, if you were to start at the beginning of the series, you will find that this last one takes a sharp left turn tonally, but for me this made all the difference. Honestly, I'm not quite sure who I would recommend this movie to, outside people who found Enter the Void to be compelling, so there you have it.
This trilogy was a good adaptation of the Golden Arc. Not as good as the 97's adaptation for TV, but I enjoyed it. Unfortunately, none of these adaptations continued the story after the Eclipse, which is where things get more gloomy in the manga. (The 2017 adaptation is pure garbage). Anyway, Berserk is my favorite manga of all time, it's a pity Kentaro Miura is a lazy bastard.

30 Days Of Night (David Slade, 2007)
+
Far more fun than the usual Pet Shop Boys video

This trilogy was a good adaptation of the Golden Arc. Not as good as the 97's adaptation for TV, but I enjoyed it. Unfortunately, none of these adaptations continued the story after the Eclipse, which is where things get more gloomy in the manga. (The 2017 adaptation is pure garbage). Anyway, Berserk is my favorite manga of all time, it's a pity Kentaro Miura is a lazy bastard.
Thanks for the tip, I am not sure if I would want to continue into the 2016 TV series at this point (if that is what you are referring to). What makes it garbage?

Is that a good "oh my"?

I've gone from saying "I guess I'll see that", to legitimately being excited to go. My mom (a huge Stephen King fan) is coming in town again as well. Before The Dark Tower, she hadn't seen a movie in theatres in about 8 years. Now this will be her second in the span of a month haha.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Whoever made these needs a straight jacket. FUBAR!

“I was cured, all right!”
Thanks for the tip, I am not sure if I would want to continue into the 2016 TV series at this point (if that is what you are referring to). What makes it garbage?
The animation is very bad.

And there's a lot of cuts in the story, unfortunately.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

Hitman's Bodyguard
++ That was some popcorn-devouring, laughing cuz th' ***** be crazy, silly-@ss fun.
And bonus?
I agree. IMO, also

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Worthless - N/A

For weeks, I've been looking for subtitles with no luck, so I saw a movie without subtitles for the first time.. I'll have to see it again to understand it, or keep watching until I understand Finnish!

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Hilarious that a guy the size of Liam Neeson can fit in a plane toilet with another guy and still have room to join the mile high club.

The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957, David Lean)
-
This movie left me with conflicted feelings. On one hand, it's a finely crafted and produced film with some great acting, sweeping cinematography, and a tense, climactic final scene. On the other, it's historically inaccurate - annoyingly so - and severely lacks believability in a number of scenes - which certainly detracts from what could have been an even greater movie. Not that I'm particularly anal about historical inaccuracy in fiction movies but in this case it kinda grated on me.

Overall I still enjoyed it though. The strong anti-war sentiment is expressed in the final words - "Madness... Madness!" - which couldn't help but evoke parallels to 'Apocalypse Now' with its iconic "The horror! The horror!".

it's historically inaccurate - annoyingly so - and severely lacks believability in a number of scenes - which certainly detracts from what could have been an even greater movie..
Care to elaborate?