Dracula: Dead and Loving It

Tools    

Radioactive Spider Blood
Has anyone here seen this movie? It's one of my favorite Leslie Nielsen movies. They're finally releasing it on DVD today, so I'm off to go pick it up! It's a Mel Brooks flick, so if you're a fan of his check it out.

Now if only they would release The Wizard (1989) on DVD, I'd be all set...

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

Originally Posted by jungerpants
Has anyone here seen this movie? It's one of my favorite Leslie Nielsen movies. They're finally releasing it on DVD today, so I'm off to go pick it up! It's a Mel Brooks flick, so if you're a fan of his check it out.
Yes, I've seen it! It is surely one of Mel Brooks' weakest efforts, and terribly disappointing even with lowered expectations. On the day when a new 30th anniversary 2-disc special edition of Blazing Saddles is being released, I can't see being excited about Dracula: Dead & Loving It. At all. If you're a fan of Mel Brooks, put his tepid Dracula misfire way down on your to-see/to-own list.

The campy "Wonder Woman" TV show from the '70s is more reason to go to Best Buy today. Linda Carter is bodacious.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Yes, I've seen it! It is surely one of Mel Brooks' weakest efforts, and terribly disappointing even with lowered expectations. On the day when a new 30th anniversary 2-disc special edition of Blazing Saddles is being released, I can't see being excited about Dracula: Dead & Loving It. At all. If you're a fan of Mel Brooks, put his tepid Dracula misfire way down on your to-see/to-own list.

The campy "Wonder Woman" TV show from the '70s is more reason to go to Best Buy today. Linda Carter is bodacious.

Wonder Woman...on DVD??? Damn I might have to get it...soooooo cheesy, but Linda !!!!

Originally Posted by Sedai
Wonder Woman...on DVD??? Damn I might have to get it...soooooo cheesy, but Linda !!!!
"All the world is waiting for you
and the powers you possess

In your satin tights
fighting for your rights
and the old Red, White & Blue

Wonder Woman
Now the world is ready for you
and the wonders that you do

Make a hawk a dove
stop a war with love
make a liar tell the truth..."

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
It is surely one of Mel Brooks' weakest efforts, and terribly disappointing even with lowered expectations. If you're a fan of Mel Brooks, put his tepid Dracula misfire way down on your to-see list.
I agree, I think it is one of Mels weakest, infact I disliked it so much I had forgotten all about it untill I saw this thread, it is on my not to see again list

Radioactive Spider Blood
Aww c'mon. You guys have to admit that the scene where Harker stakes Lucy in the coffin is hilarious! It's totally unexpected.

Originally Posted by jungerpants
Aww c'mon. You guys have to admit that the scene where Harker stakes Lucy in the coffin is hilarious! It's totally unexpected.
Yes, that is the one bit in the whole movie I thought was funny. The only one. Mel Brooks' humor is quite often of the throw it against the wall and see what sticks, rapid-fire gag variety, but in this batch of would-be comic spaghetti only ONE thing in an entire movie was really funny. That's not a good ratio...for ANYbody, but especially not from the man responsible for such laugh-filled classics as Young Frankenstein, The Producers and Blazing Saddles. Puh-leeze.

Radioactive Spider Blood
What about Dracula's hat? Or the dancing scene? Or "the last word" bit?