The MoFo Top 100 Sci-Fi Films: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I haven't seen The Little Prince (1974), but IMDB lists it as Sci-Fi, so it would qualify for this list.

When I look up The Little Prince on IMDB it says Family, Fantasy, Musical. (But since it involves another planet it's definitely sci-fi, if in no other respect).

Here's a sweet scene with the late Gene Wilder that may make you want to see this fairy tale movie, gbg.

P.S. This movie was not on my list.

Predictions:
96. Rocketship X-M (1950)
95. A Trip To The Moon (1902)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
When I look up The Little Prince on IMDB it says Family, Fantasy, Musical. (But since it involves another planet it's definitely sci-fi, if in no other respect).

Here's a sweet scene with the late Gene Wilder that may make you want to see this fairy tale movie, gbg.

P.S. This movie was not on my list.

I still use the old version of IMDB's pages, so it shows the genres as "Family | Fantasy | Musical | Sci-Fi", but I think the new version only shows the first three genres on the top of the page, and you have to scroll down below the cast list for the rest of the genres.

Thanks for the video clip. I didn't know anything about that movie, but I love Gene Wilder, so I'll definitely watch it when I get a chance. BTW, this is one of my favorite PoP!s:

Great format, Nope, and fun stuff so far!

I've seen only two of the four listed:

Dune and The Incredibles. Dune, I saw at the cinema, having just read the novel. The novel was fairly deep but worth the read. The movie simplified it a bit, but apparently the "powers-that-be" thought it was too incomprehensible so they either opted not to film some things or cut them out. I remember a movie book not unlike Leonard Maltin's guide (in fact, it may have been his) reviewed it, trashing it, and saying something like "you know you're in trouble when the movie is explained at the beginning and the explanation is almost impossible to understand!" I thought that was funny. And I remember Siskel and Ebert being divided over this, with Siskel HATING the movie. Ebert would bring it up every few weeks just to aggravate him. All that said, I liked the movie and will still watch it if it comes on cable. There was a mini-series remake made for TV in 2000 but I never saw that one.

The Incredibles was great but I really need to see it again. Once is just not enough.

I really want to see Looper and Another Earth, as I've mainly heard good things about them.

Didn't vote for any of these.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Looper - great sci/fi film that did not make my list. I like how it blends modern lifestyles with future technology. It doesn't come across as NOT believable in my opinion.

Dune - Never seen this one, but am interested in the remake we're going to get.

The Incredibles - Never considered this a sci/fi film, so it didn't make my list. Great film though.

Another Earth - Slow sci/fi. I liked it, but it wasn't memorable enough to make a TOP 25 of all-time list for me. There are too many great sci/fi films out there. Glad to see it though, means there are fans out there.

Suspect's Reviews

Woody Allen is a pedophille
The Stats

Dredd

This is the first 1st placer to make the list! Dread had the same amount of points as Altered States, but was placed on one less list, so lost the tie breaker.

Layout: 1st, 6th, 18th

Altered States

Not much to say about this one. Like I just said, it was tied with Dredd, but was placed on one more list, so won the tie.

Layout: 6th, 13th, 15th, 17th

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Dredd - an underrated flick that deserves more attention. Very stylized action film that does the character justice. Would love to see a sequel...but you know....

Altered States - Never seen it, never really had any intention of either. Looks trippy enough though.

Dayum - I was gonna guess those two for tomorrow (he lied)

Dredd is a good fun flick, far better than the Stallone offering imo.
Not seen Altered States for years but remember it as being decent.

Dayum - I was gonna guess those two for tomorrow (he lied)

Dredd is a good fun flick, far better than the Stallone offering imo.
Not seen Altered States for years but remember it as being decent.

I always see Stallone's Judge Dredd as a spiritual sequel to Demolition Man tbh.
Stylish looking pop fluff that makes absolutely no sense.

I always see Stallone's Judge Dredd as a spiritual sequel to Demolition Man tbh.
Stylish looking pop fluff that makes absolutely no sense.
Tbh I try not to see it at all

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Dune

Nothing too special about this one.
HERESY!!!!! HERESY I SAY!!!!!!!!!

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Looper is in imo a well made action sci-fi film which i rate [rate]3[/rating]. Not superb in anyway, but definitely a good watch / take on the sci-fi genre.

That said it was not in the vicinity of making my list.

I have Dune on DVD but i have no intentions of actually watching it. I Lynch, but this film by its reputation, is not something i am looking forward to watching.

I have seen the documentary Jodorowsky's Dune, which is quite fun
Dune is a very good movie [the theatrical version. there's another version, longer, that really adds nothing to it, except making it a lot more boring].

I find it hilarious that many Dune fans complain that Lynch's Dune is not a total rendition of the novel [and I'm so glad it isn't] and insist that Jodorowsky's would have been better, when the man himself says that his version would be NOTHING like the book. I would still watch it just to see what the crazy dude imagined, but in all seriousness, Lynch's version still beats the crap out of the TV version

I had Dredd at #1 (I think I had it at #1 for Omni's Action Countdown as well). I didn't expect it to be too high on the list, but 96 is kind of depressingly low. I'm not sure if I've seen Altered States. Sound familiar, but I don't remember it.

Seen: 4/6
My List: 1

01. Dredd (2016) - #96

A system of cells interlinked
Loved Another Earth, but it didn't quite make my list. Dredd was fun, but not list material, IMO. Dune hasn't aged well for me, despite my undying love for all things Lynch. I still like it, but it didn't make my list.