Animation Hall of Fame

Tools    

I know i had already seen the first one but i don't think you'd actually have to. I hadn't watched the first one since it first came out and barely remembered it. Fair enough if that's how you would rather do it though, understandable.

I know i had already seen the first one but i don't think you'd actually have to. I hadn't watched the first one since it first came out and barely remembered it. Fair enough if that's how you would rather do it though, understandable.
Yeah, I know I didn't have to and I remembered it really well despite of all the years its been... but yeah, I just felt like doing it that way.

Spoiler Alert: All the Madagascar movies are the same just with the penguun parts ramped up because they were so darn funny in the first one.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
That's five lists now, great job guys! I'll be watching my last 3 soon next week.

I'm 100 percent in for part 2 and would like to gauge interest for it.
I'm so in for a animation HoF part 2. I think I've gotten a bit hooked on these HoFs, a great way to watch and talk about movies I haven't seen as well as trying stuff I've never heard of or wouldn't have found otherwise.

But yes, very interested.

So, I just watched Waltz with Bashir. To be honest I watched it until one point that I didn't want to keep watching but I knew I had to finish the whole movie to comment about it and since I respect that its someone's nomination. Before starting to write I also read everyone's reviews to see what was everyone's opinion too, and to see if it helped me write what I really felt about this movie. I felt really related with gbg's comment.

I fought for almost 30 minutes to synch the subtitles (I barely understand english, with the russian accent it was kind of hard). The story goes around Ari Folman and how he seems not able to remember of his time in the Lebanon War. Then he proceeds to talk to several people and about their points of views of the war and some particular things that they went through. I wasn't expecting to watch such a powerful movie, that reflects all the tragic things that happen on this war. With the thing I said earlier about having trouble finishing it, I meant that I couldn't stand such a realistic and traumatic experience represented on a movie about both the soldiers and the people that lived there. I'm might be a sissy but I really didn't enjoy this movie and I'm clearly not talking about the quality of the movie but of its topic.

Movies are suppose to be entertaining, some movies are sad but are not real, some others try to express true sadness by showing how awful and cruel some previous experiences were to a lot of people, like all the movies about WW2. I might not be able to stand this type of movies. However I want to be as clear as possible since I don't think that my movie is at the same level as a true masterpiece and I'm really critizicing it while I'm sure most of you enjoyed and will enjoy this movie. This film reminds everyone how terrifying life and people can be, being an ignorant makes you stay away from all this sadness.

I'm sure I writed the same thing over and over, but I'm afraid that my opinion is unclear and seems disrespectful, it also makes me wonder if I should stop playing this kinds of games if I'm being so sensitive about just a movie! But that's the actual sad part, it wasn't just a movie. I know that making a movie about such an event is good to pay respect to the ones that suffer in the war and to share that this actually happened and is not something that everyone can ignore (for example, I'm not sure but there might be hardly anyone that knows about this war) But I don't like to remember what kind of world we live in and therefore I did not enjoy this movie and I hope that Camo can understand that since he wanted to share this amazing movie with everyone and I just wrote a 500-words essay trash talking about his nomination.

well i thought i did this on friday...have alot going on lately,so i guess i get mixed up!

WALL-E

well where to start with this. Firstly i love how its made and the look of it.secondly i LOVE the look of Wall -E.those eyyes,hes too cute.The start was so sad Im happy that was only a short segment because that really got to me lol
I loooved,when Eve first landed and he saw her!One of my many favourite parts,oh and when she giggled at his name!I thought that was adorable.I also absolutely loved their way of communcating,and their "voices". I really like that they didnt give them human voices and full language,the way he kept calling her name was another favourite of mine.I liked the potrayal of humans as the these lazy fatties without an orginial thought in their head,but i preferrred the parts without them- wall-e and eve on the spaceship were hilarious!
This movie seemed to effortlessly funny,both the main characters were amazing,no side kick character stealing the thunder here! The movie had my attention from start to finish-which trust me,isnt easy.I will definitly be putting this on next time i babysit,and if i ever change my mind and get kids of my own this one i would love to show them.
I would say this have taken the spot of some old classics on my favourite list!

Just noticed your post now tat. It's cool man, completely understandable. It's a heavy movie about a tough subject. Can understand everything you said. Glad that you found it powerful at least even if it wasn't a positive experience.

Movies are suppose to be entertaining
Nope. They can be a lot of things, they are not supposed to be one or the other.

There are movie masterpieces out there that makes me sick to my stomach and there are masterpieces that makes me fill up with joy and happiness. Some I love for the fun, some I love for the information it gives me, some I love even for all that it doesn't give me. Movies are diverse and generate diverse thoughts and feelings...

I understand where you are coming from, tat, and it's totally fine and I think I know what you mean so it's cool. But on a side note, a lot movies can be very realistic and unpleasant, but despite the animation, this movie is part-documentary... so it is definitely meant to be more informative and revealing than "entertaining" and it isn't quite like other movies for sure.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
well i thought i did this on friday...have alot going on lately,so i guess i get mixed up!

WALL-E

well where to start with this. Firstly i love how its made and the look of it.secondly i LOVE the look of Wall -E.those eyyes,hes too cute.The start was so sad Im happy that was only a short segment because that really got to me lol
I loooved,when Eve first landed and he saw her!One of my many favourite parts,oh and when she giggled at his name!I thought that was adorable.I also absolutely loved their way of communcating,and their "voices". I really like that they didnt give them human voices and full language,the way he kept calling her name was another favourite of mine.I liked the potrayal of humans as the these lazy fatties without an orginial thought in their head,but i preferrred the parts without them- wall-e and eve on the spaceship were hilarious!
This movie seemed to effortlessly funny,both the main characters were amazing,no side kick character stealing the thunder here! The movie had my attention from start to finish-which trust me,isnt easy.I will definitly be putting this on next time i babysit,and if i ever change my mind and get kids of my own this one i would love to show them.
I would say this have taken the spot of some old classics on my favourite list!

Great review. I'm glad you liked the movie. I hope you remember it before you turn in your list for the Sci-Fi Countdown.

What should I watch next? I may go with rauld's since that movie seems like a classic (I never watched it but I'm sure I saw it everywhere a lot)

Also I have a 5 hour trip to my hometown so I would be more entertain if I had those movie downloaded

Of the four you have left not counting your own nom this is my prediction of what you will like most to least, not that i know your taste that well:

01.The Secret of Nimh
02.The Castle of Cagliostro
03.Night on the Galactic Railroad
04.The Last Unicorn

Just a guess it could end up the other way round.

I'm sure I never saw the Secret of Nimh, but I was kind of avoiding it. Don't know why, maybe because it seems like a chipmunk universe but that's just speculation, it must be a good movie . I will change 1 for 2 and then watch it in that order since you took the time to do it

I'm not sure that Jal will be in. He hasn't contributed much of anything, so I'd save that for last.
Yeah, he said that he'd start posting again soon but he hasn't been back since.

tat, Lupin isn't a detective he's a thief. And i don't know what you mean by "chypmunk universe" haha.