Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
The Phantom of Liberty

Buñuel is one of the great filmmakers, and perhaps the greatest surrealist. This particular film feels tame and uninspired, especially when comparing it to masterworks like Viridiana, Los Olvidados and The Obscure Object of Desire. A disappointment.

Lake Eerie (2016)

Sausage Party (2016)

Hell or High Water (2016)

Now You See Me 2 (2016)

The Secret Life of Pets (2016)

Bad Moms (2016)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Gold of Naples

I can't give it a grade. I watched half, got bored, watched the game. Four days later, finished the second half, something I've never done. I'll watch it again. I liked a few of the stories, but "The Players" was pretty stupid. I'd give it a 5, but I might revisit it, unless I need space on the laptop.

Ouija: Origin of Evil (2016) - Mike Flanagan

- That was a pretty solid and strong sequel *prequel*. The first Ouija wasn't very good but this one with Mike Flanagan at the direction is awesome. Nice Jump Scares and the storyline is great. Acting was alright, soundtracks were pretty good and the directing as I say was pretty impressive (Mike Flanagan is a new revelation for me Oculus was great and this one was also pretty solid all-around). Ending is great. You like horror? You need to see this.

Rain Man(1988)

It exceeded my expectations. I expected it to be good, but it was really good!

I am not a big fan of Cruise personally. I don't have much against him, but he's come across as pretty bland to me. In this one however, he was actually pretty good. Who really stole the show however was Dustin Hoffman! Like this movie as a whole, he conveyed the sense of a character who was both hilarious in a way, but also really emotionally drawing.

I give it a 9 out of 10!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Rain Man(1988)

It exceeded my expectations. I expected it to be good, but it was really good!

I am not a big fan of Cruise personally. I don't have much against him, but he's come across as pretty bland to me. In this one however, he was actually pretty good. Who really stole the show however was Dustin Hoffman! Like this movie as a whole, he conveyed the sense of a character who was both hilarious in a way, but also really emotionally drawing.

I give it a 9 out of 10!
My favorite from the 80s. Glad you liked it!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Hardcore - 8/10

Recommendation from Clementine (Senso68) - very good movie written and directed by Paul Schrader. If you liked "Taxi Driver" this is up your alley.

Welcome to the human race...
Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man -
, maybe

Not sure what I expected.

CyberBully (The British One)

So I've seen a lot of these anti-cyberbully movies in the last two or three years and while they're all generally well intentioned, each one is ****ing terrible. This one is no different.

Cyberbully pits Arya Stark against a mysterious hacker/troll hunter who has decided to punish her for cyberbullying. By attempting to cyberbully her into suicide.

2/5

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
The Dirty Dozen (1967) REWATCH

As always, very enjoyable.

Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man -
, maybe

Not sure what I expected.
I watch Bird on a Wire (74) the other night and enjoyed it a lot, very interesting, particularly in showing Cohen as a human being who I thought came across as a really genuine, humble, kind man. What was so bad about your doc?

Edit: Don't worry, I just checked some of the people in it

Welcome to the human race...
I watch Bird on a Wire (74) the other night and enjoyed it a lot, very interesting, particularly in showing Cohen as a human being who I thought came across as a really genuine, humble, kind man. What was so bad about your doc?

Edit: Don't worry, I just checked some of the people in it
Heh, yeah, it's earnest in a way that oscillates rather wildly between charming and misguided. Rufus Wainwright doing a tango-style version of "Everybody Knows" is just like "what" and there's no way you can hear him perform "Hallelujah" without thinking of Shrek. At least most of the other tributes come across as pleasantly bland or adequately respectful (and I'm a little disappointed that they didn't feature the actual Sisters of Mercy, which would have been fine if they hadn't brought on Bono and the Edge to accompany Cohen himself in doing "Tower of Song"...oof).

The talking-heads interviews are similarly erratic, with a fair few of the artists also going on at length about what Cohen means to them (Nick Cave is interesting as always, the rest...not so much) while there's also Cohen himself talking about his past with some characteristically gravelly lyricism. Again, it's very much a mixed bag of a film.

Anyway...

Elle -

The French are messed up.

Bite

Not bad, think "The Fly" and Kafka's "metamorphosis" but not as good but not really bad either and you'll be on the right track, plenty of gross out moments to be had 6/10

CyberBully (The British One)

So I've seen a lot of these anti-cyberbully movies in the last two or three years and while they're all generally well intentioned, each one is ****ing terrible. This one is no different.

Cyberbully pits Arya Stark against a mysterious hacker/troll hunter who has decided to punish her for cyberbullying. By attempting to cyberbully her into suicide.

2/5
Firstly this wasn't a movie, it was first aired on telly, secondly I thought it wasn't that bad (at least not ****ing terrible)