Name:	east-of-eden-james-dean-lois-smith-everett.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	349.3 KB
ID:	26861   Click image for larger version

Name:	star-wars-episodio-v-limpero-colpisce-ancora-poster-01.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	26862  

Congrats to the winners, great job to everyone involved, and a big thanks to CR for hosting!

My list is on my other phone upstairs, will post it in a few minutes.

Bring in the 11th!

Thanks for hosting Citizen. This is only my second time having a nom win. Pretty cool. I'll add it to the list tomorrow. Congrats on your nom CR.

My List:

01.Dead Man's Shoes
02.Empire Strikes Back
03.East of Eden
04.Cul-De-Sac
05.My Man Godfrey
06.Ugetsu
07.Amour
08.Lilya 4-Ever
09.Blade Runner
10.The Lucky Ones

DMS and Empire were the obvious top two for me. Both long time favourites and my favourite Star Wars.

East of Eden and Cul-De-Sac could've switched. My favourite first time watches. I gave the edge to Eden because i thought CDS wasn't really anything special i just found it really entertaining, while i found the performances in Eden outstanding. If i thought about this for a few more minutes they could've easily flipped just like the other pairs.

Godfrey and Ugetsu were films i liked alot but didn't quite love. I don't think Godfrey will really ever improve for me, i think it will either sustain the level of enjoyment i have for it now or i'll like it less, while i think that Ugetsu could become a favourite in the future. I gave the benifit of the doubt to Godfrey though, because i could easily like Ugetsu less next time.

Amour and Lilya were massively similar, in that they were films that i liked a lot about but i could never truly enjoy because i find them so depressing, same as most felt about DMS i suppose. This was basically a toss up.

I thought Lucky Ones was alright for what it was, i probably even enjoy it more than Blade Runner. But i think i could get a lot more out of Blade Runner and i know i'll most likely watch it again while i can't see myself watching Lucky Ones again.

Thanks a lot for hosting Citizen, you did an excellent job . And congrats to you and Sean, deserving winners. My #2 and #3, a long time favourite and a potential new favourite if it holds up on a re watch.

Trouble with a capital "T"
Thanks everyone! For joining! I had a lot of fun And being the host and trying out a few ideas meant a lot to me. It's you guys who made this fun and successful. I really do appreciate getting a chance to be your host

And as much as I liked doing this, I'm ready to have someone else host

I nominate Sean or Camo to host
I will host if no one else wants to. Up in the air whether I will join though. I have gotten busy and don't want to be tied up with my couple of movie watches a week. I can still host for you guys though.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
At some point I need to skip one. Hell I've been in them all but the first one

And I've still seen less films than 95% of the users.

Here's the entire list with points. I don't think there's ever been another HoF where the scores were all so close. All the voting list were very different from each others.

#8 Cul-De-Sac....37 points
#7 Dead Man's Shoes....42 points
#6 Amour....48 points
#5 The Lucky Ones....51 points
#4 My Man Godfrey....55 points
#3 Lilya 4-Ever....56 points
#3 Ugetsu....56 points
#2 Blade Runner....61 points
#1 East of Eden....72 points
#1 The Empire Strikes Back....72 points

At some point I need to skip one. Hell I've been in them all but the first one

And I've still seen less films than 95% of the users.
Me too, plus both Noir and both 50's. They are very fun for me but might not be if they tie me down.

And anyone who wants can post their own voting list, here's mine:

1. Blade Runner
2. East of Eden
3. My Man Godfrey
4. The Empire Strikes Back
5. Lilya 4-Ever
6. The Lucky Ones
7. Ugetsu
8. Cul-De-Sac
9. Amour
10. Dead Man's Shoes
Special award: Lilya 4-Ever

I realized when I was tallying the points yesterday, if I would have voted for my own movie, there wouldn't have been a tie.

I had decided before the 10th even started, that I would make my voting list early and then 'lock it' and would not change it, seeing how I could see other peoples list.

My list-

1. Cul-De-Sac
2. The Lucky Ones
3. Dead Man's Shoes
4. Ugetsu
5. Lilya 4-Ever
6. Amour
7. My Man Godfrey
8. Blade Runner
9. The Empire Strikes Back
10. East of Eden

Special award-Lilya 4-Ever

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Here's the entire list with points. I don't think there's ever been another HoF where the scores were all so close. All the voting list were very different from each others.

#8 Cul-De-Sac....37 points
#7 Dead Man's Shoes....42 points
#6 Amour....48 points
#5 The Lucky Ones....51 points
#4 My Man Godfrey....55 points
#3 Lilya 4-Ever....56 points
#3 Ugetsu....56 points
#2 Blade Runner....61 points
#1 East of Eden....72 points
#1 The Empire Strikes Back....72 points

I didn't get a chance to watch all the movies due to some RL issues, but I watched most of them. The movies I didn't watch were Ugetsu and Amour, and I turned off Dead Man's Shoes after about a half hour because I just couldn't sit through any more of it. (Sorry Camo, but at least I tried to watch it. )

I'm surprised that The Lucky Ones was so low. I thought it was a very good movie, and I expected it to finish higher on the list.

I'm also surprised that My Man Godfrey didn't do better. That would have been a top 3 or 4 movie for me.

Congratulations to Citizen Rules and Seanc. Those were two terrific movies, and well deserved winners.

And Thank You to Citizen Rules for doing a great job running this HoF. I didn't get to post in here much, but I enjoyed reading it, and I loved the links on the first page that made it easy to find the reviews.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
My list-

1. Cul-De-Sac
2. The Lucky Ones
3. Dead Man's Shoes
4. Ugetsu
5. Lilya 4-Ever
6. Amour
7. My Man Godfrey
8. Blade Runner
9. The Empire Strikes Back
10. East of Eden

Special award-Lilya 4-Ever

Cricket, I think you posted your list upside-down.