Movies You Watched In School?

Tools    

I went to a Catholic School, not the Catholic School you see in the movies with Nuns though haha. So i mostly watched religious movies/shows in school. Like the Jesus of Nazareth miniseries and i actually remember seeing Dreamworks Prince of Egypt.

We also watched various British Educational Shows. Including a show that i absolutely loved one of the best shows of my childhood, it would probably suck now but i loved it. The BBC's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spywatch. It was about kids growing up in an English City during WW2, hopefully Daniel or some other Brit around my age watched it so i can them. From the same BBC Look and Read series we were shown this later which wasn't as good - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Le..._the_Lost_Keys

In Secondary School once on the last day before the Christmas Holidays when most people didn't go into school and i usually wouldn't have, i was forced to go because i skipped a month of school and was being threatened with a childrens panel. We watched this in Maths - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus:_The_Movie. It is really funny thinking back that at the time i went along with my friends complaining that it was old, when i now regularly watch 20s/30s/40s/ films, even then i was watching Hitchcock films. Man i was spineless

Other than that i remember the videos from our textbook Alive-O in R.E (Religous Education) just various kid friendly extremely basic animations of stories in the bible. And in the last few days before a holiday in primary school people were allowed to bring in games, dvds, etc. I remember watching both The Wizard of Oz and Pirates of the Carribean that way.

Elephant, Higher Learning, The Principal, We Need to Talk About Kevin.
Sounds like your teacher was suicidal. And ahead of his time obviously showing films from 2011 in the 1930's or whenever you went to school

is Spellbound a psychological movie?
Spellbound is a Hitchcock thriller about psycho analyst. One of the first movies to broach that method of treating mental illness. It's one of the nominations in the Film Noir part 2 Hof

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Spellbound is a Hitchcock thriller about psycho analyst. One of the first movies to broach that method of treating mental illness. It's one of the nominations in the Film Noir part 2 Hof
I didn't think I'd watch any more Hitchcock for quite a while, but let me ask you... On a scale of 1-10, what would you (and anyone else) give it? Is it similar to his other movies? They all seem the same to me, just hidden with different nic-nacs.

Master of My Domain
In Elementary and Middle School after the final exams there were a few days left before summer or winter break, so the teachers usually showed us a movie to pass time. I fondly remember seeing The School of Rock and Life is Beautiful for the first time in school and absolutely loving them.

I didn't think I'd watch any more Hitchcock for quite a while, but let me ask you... On a scale of 1-10, what would you (and anyone else) give it? Is it similar to his other movies? They all seem the same to me, just hidden with different nic-nacs.
As the one who nominated the film, I'll give it a 10 and say its my favorite film of his from that decade, 40s.

Beethoven's 2nd

In 5th grade. People in my class were laughing at all the Debi Mazar scenes (she's the villainess). To this day I still like Beethoven's 2nd because of Debi Mazar.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	debi.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	26479  

Beethoven's 2nd

In 5th grade. People in my class were laughing at all the Debi Mazar scenes (she's the villainess). To this day I still like Beethoven's 2nd because of Debi Mazar.
Seeing her i knew i had seen her in something other than Goodfellas. It was Beethoven 2 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beethoven%27s_2nd_(film)

I didn't know she was in Goodfellas. I know she's a close friend of Madonna's (she was in her True Blue music video) and she was in Batman Forever -- the other villainous chick besides Drew Barrymore who was with Two-Face.

Available at my various schools of anonymous origin:

Fantasia (Band)
Twilight (English)
Star Wars (English)
The Matrix (Philosophy)
October Sky (Shop)
Schindler's List (History)
Dances With Wolves (History)

Hey I'm an old fart we never watched movies

we watch social network .. xD..

Available at my various schools of anonymous origin:

Fantasia (Band)
Twilight (English)
Star Wars (English)
The Matrix (Philosophy)
October Sky (Shop)
Schindler's List (History)
Dances With Wolves (History)
Ahm what kind of movie is Fantasia and Dances with Wolves?..

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
is Spellbound a psychological movie?
A lot of classical psychoanalysis in this film. Freud would be proud.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
We also watched various British Educational Shows. Including a show that i absolutely loved one of the best shows of my childhood, it would probably suck now but i loved it. The BBC's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spywatch. It was about kids growing up in an English City during WW2, hopefully Daniel or some other Brit around my age watched it so i can them. From the same BBC Look and Read series we were shown this later which wasn't as good - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Le..._the_Lost_Keys
I watched Look and Read shows, but Spywatch would have been after my time at primary school. We watched Geordie Racer.

I can still sing the Magic E song from Look and Read

I can remember seeing Shane and a Spanish dubbed version of The Karate Kid, Part II in Spanish class. I'm sure there were more, but I don't remember them now. In college my Sociology professor showed us Roger & Me and Do the Right Thing.

I watched Look and Read shows, but Spywatch would have been after my time at primary school. We watched Geordie Racer.

I can still sing the Magic E song from Look and Read
haha. Geordie Racer, had the wrong idea about that one there.

Just to correct myself it wasn't The Legend of the Lost Keys i watched it was Zzap and the Word Master.

Spywatch Intro (man i loved this show):