Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Yeah that seems more likely, would be silly to have Ren and Rey fight and not end up with one dead like part 7.

The contenders

The Knights of Ren (who are they? Luke's apprentices gone bad, Snokes apprentices led by the most powerful, Kylo Ren?)
Luke Skywalker
Rey
Leia (how proficient is she? after 30+ years)
Kylo Ren
Snoke

Luke vs Kylo- Seems probable but that leaves Rey out
Luke vs Knights of Ren- Luke takes them on while Rey and Ren go again
Luke vs Snoke - Too early for this you would think, Cant see them NOT having a confrontation though at some point

Rey vs Kylo Ren - Would be a rehash, can't see Rey ever dying being the new posterchild but Kylo??
Rey vs Knights of Ren-Luke takes on Kylo while Rey fights these guys
Rey vs Snoke- Could be interesting if Snoke tries to do an Emperor and turn her, she seems to good for that though

Leia vs Kylo Ren- Mother confronts son for past deeds, would like to see this.

Snoke vs Kylo- Could be a brave new direction, Sith always turn on each other afterall, never been done before.

I hope they don't kill Luke. I hope he dies like Yoda, natural causes having re-established the Jedi.

What's John Boyega's role in the series at this point? He has no skills valuable to the overall goal, he can't fight anybody, and his personal arc is pretty much over, but he's a black main character so he won't get killed off. I can't think of a purpose he could have in any sequels.

I think the whole purpose of Finn getting so battered and rey looking so powerful is that what need does rey have for Finn. She kinda left him there when he would have waited for her to at least wake up. Anyways my point is that rey will need Finn and my belief is kylo will beat her so badly she could seem dead. I think this will be Finns movie to play the hero.

Looks like release date is getting pushed back 7 months to Xmas 2017, rumours that script being re written.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Well, that's a major disappointment. I, for one, just feel like "Star Wars" is more of a Summer movie than a Winter one. I was looking forward to that coming out at that time. So, despite whatever reasons they have for doing this (whether it really is the script or something else), are we to assume that they will release Episode IX during Christmas, too?

I am really wondering if they are just planning on releasing any, and all, Star Wars films during Christmastime from now on. After all, "Rogue One" is going to be released at Christmas. I know that the supposed Han Solo film is listed for May 2018, but now I wonder if they would push that back, too.

I was a bit disappointed by the largely uninspired, and somewhat messy The Force Awakens. Not irredeemably terrible, just overly safe with far too many similarities to A New Hope. Almost certain it won't stand up to repeat viewings. Also thought it a massive shame that they killed off the brightest member of the original cast despite Abrams' reasoning. Fisher was utterly awful this time out, so hopefully Hamill can step up to the plate and bring some much needed charisma. Curiously Ford is listed in the cast for part VIII which is most likely a smokescreen, but who knows. He was the most entertaining thing with all the best lines in the The Force Awakens.

I'm glad they're bringing in another director for this installment because I'm not much of a JJ Abrams fan. That said I didn't like Rian Johnson's films Brick and Looper either so am not filled with confidence by that choice. I just hope they can take the series into new narrative territory next time around. Young characters that don't become Jedi masters overnight would be nice too.

Well, that's a major disappointment. I, for one, just feel like "Star Wars" is more of a Summer movie than a Winter one. I was looking forward to that coming out at that time. So, despite whatever reasons they have for doing this (whether it really is the script or something else), are we to assume that they will release Episode IX during Christmas, too?

I am really wondering if they are just planning on releasing any, and all, Star Wars films during Christmastime from now on. After all, "Rogue One" is going to be released at Christmas. I know that the supposed Han Solo film is listed for May 2018, but now I wonder if they would push that back, too.
Avengers infinity war part 2 is being released May 2019 do you really think Disney will put those 2 behemoths that close

May 18 would work for a han solo movie and would not effect Avengers part 1 which is out 2019. Han Solo would be big no matter what more so then Rogue One really. Them moving Solo would depend on what Comic book Would be out during memorial day. That date has always bee X=Men something or Spiderman release date.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Stars Wars - whether it is the movies or the television series from the 80-90s, it still has got the same popularity. Amazing

Star Wars Episode 8, detail leak! The video has vanished almost as soon as it appeared, but it appeared online a few moments ago with someone filming a poster of the possible title for Ep8.
And I saw it.

Spoilers ahead.

WARNING: " Ep8 Title" spoilers below

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Fall Of The Resistance.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
Don't ever believe all of that plot leak crap you see online, have you read all of the totally legit plot leaks of TFA, see how legit they were.
It's just someone or some people that are desperate for ad revenue.

There couldnt be that much far too fall for the resistence since the government planet that supported that Senate side was blown up and no I dont think they blew up Corusant because we would have seen the jedi temple too make it more impactful.

Hopefully we get more info on who Snoke is in the 8th movie. Also I hope kylo ren is stronger in the new movie because he was very disappointing in the force awakens