Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Dope -

Fairly standard coming-of-age hood film that has just enough personality to make up for it.

The Intern

Nancy Meyers' movies aren't my cup of tea but I have to admit this was pretty decent. It was more dramatic than I expected and really liked the relationship and chemistry between De Niro and Hathaway.

Edgar Allan Poe

Dead Man Walking (1995) - Tim Robbins

- This movie is so d*mn excellent... it totally change my mind about the capital punishment. I rarely see better acting than that during the 10 years I've been watching movie... Both Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon are great. I love every part in the prison and the dialogue between these two was amazing. The scenes when Sarandon go see the families of the young couple are fantastic and you see the difference between the poor and the rich. Penn's familly didn't have any money to pay for a good lawyer and his partner in the murder of the couple have enough money to avoid the capital punishment. I cry during at least 10min because of the ending and this movie is brilliant and perfect.
+

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

LOVED it! It has the classic Star Wars atmosphere, it was extremely intense and it's a freaking spectacle to watch. This film is exactly what it should have been. I'm not going to say much more, as I think it's best for people to just go and see it without knowing anything.
The hype is real, though. It's really really good!

I have to return some videotapes.

Attack of the Clones

So much better than the first one. I am honestly impressed at how good this was. I was going in thinking it'd be as bad as the first because that's what people have said, but wow it was much much better. There were some parts that honestly were really good, like the Geonosis battle and how Palpatine is slowly gaining power in the Senate. It's kind of a sh*tty version of House of Cards lol. Either way this was much better than expected but the acting, dialogue, and cgi-fest still makes it a pretty average/mediocre movie.

+

Finished here. It's been fun.

Sound of the Mountain
-

Rest in peace, Setsuko Hara. Though you are gone; your films will always be cherished.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch

Brilliantly original, with a cast of believable characters who were near enough all pretty likeable, which was hard to pull off from a hugely inexperienced cast. The cinematography was enchanting and the score was melancholic and hauntingly beautiful, I'm surprised the Golden Globes didn't nominate it really, it was very deserving of a nom in that regard, and for a horror film the score was probably only topped by the likes of Suspiria for it contributed so significantly to creating an ambience of absolute dread and terror. Maika Monroe was terrific, and the actress at the beginning was amazing considering she was only on screen for 3 minutes.
One of the best horror films I've seen in a long time, and probably the most original one I've seen since American Mary, except this worked in the aspects where the Soska sisters failed.

Master of My Domain
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Abrams, 2015)

First of all: this film did not disappoint me. It's filled with what everyone wanted; the return of the force, better graphics, epic scale, reborn legends etc. All of this kept me smiling throughout the entire movie even when the shot being shown is mostly made up of empty space. I loved it as much as Cobpyth did but I do have a few problems. The film's plot is mostly a serious of chases involving a map which has crucial information, connected by a few important characters and moments, then ends in a grand finale. It keeps you entertained for 2 hours, but it doesn't feel like a complete whole. Character development is a bit lacking, not by much though. I'm sure we will get more of it as the series continues.

Spoiler: Yes, there are lens flares. Not much because JJ Abrams shows a lot of restraint here. And he uses a few medium-length long takes and smooth camera movement, which was a bit of a surprise. If you read this extra paragraph to find out about Kylo Ren and his funky bunch, then sorry.

+

No Escape
Better than average!! That's relatively rare.. making it better than 80% of the films I've seen.

Starring Owen Wilson and Pierce Brosnan
I think there are some pacing problems because this movie is non stop and it never lets the audience slow down and breathe. I think sometimes you need to give the audience a rest before you amp up the action again.

In that first 45 minutes though I found myself saying out loud 'this is awesome!'