Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Winchester 73
+

Entertaining western romp but also a clever deconstruction of masculinity and the cyclical nature of violence. Close to a great film, but the relentless action sequences become sort of numbing after a while.
Glad you enjoyed it though, your first sentence touches on what I enjoyed about three Mann films I watched in about a week, earlier this year: this, The Naked Spur, and Bend of the River. Very nice imagery and clever exploration of personal themes. I'd recommend those other two. I've heard that The Man From Laramie and Man of the West are both must-watch films too.

Master of My Domain
Tom Sawyer (Taylor, 1973)

Sexy is right, now I know when Jodie Foster became a lesbian.

Here's something to make my mood better:

-

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Masked Avengers (1981)

A group of kung fu experts hunts down vicious trident-wielding masked killers.

Not my favorite, but watchable. A sick group of killers are experts in the use of gold tridents. They like to put their victims in metal buddha shells, poke them with their tridents, and mix their blood with wine before killing them. It's pretty dark and brutal, no humor, and lots of good guys getting ambushed and massacred. The fake blood is pretty laughable and there's plenty of it.

I tried to follow the plot of characters--who's good, bad, betrayed, etc. but all the players look alike to me, so it was difficult (sue me, it's the truth). However the fight scenes are very entertaining and well choreographed and that's what I came here for.

I give 3.5 razor-sharp golden tridents out of 5

Batman Begins...Very good, I liked bale's character. Michael Caine, as always, was perfect. I didn't like the Scarecrow though. He isn't a supervillain, he's only...a guy. Overall, very good movie 8/10

Man of Steel...Meh...Wanted to watch it only because Batman v Superman comes out next year. The story messed me up, there is almost no dialog and there is a LOT of UNNECESSARY violence. I found that Superman in this movie didn't really fulfill the Superman role in the comics. Basically, I'm about to say that Snyder's almost the new Michael Bay. 5/10

Pride And Glory (2008) - Gavin O'Connor

- Very nice underrated crime drama movie with a bunch of nice performance from the cast. Ed Norton, Colin Farrell, Frank Grillo and Jon Voight are actors I really appreciate so the movie was a lot easier to watch for me. The storyline is not something new but it still very well made with a nice direction from Gavin O'Connor. The ending is very nice and I'm glad I watch this movie because it was really entertaining.
-

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Come Back, Little Sheba - 8/10

Multiple online have recommended this, and I realized I already had it from youtube. I finally saw it today. Loved it! My kind of movie - I have to love one character in the film, and Lola was it. I don't think they make women like her anymore.

Mrs. Delaney is a somewhat depressed, yet energetic wife who is always there to please in any way she can, she tries to keep peace between every character. She might be a little pressing at times, but it comes from the heart, and from her loneliness. Her husband is trying to keep away from alcohol (and from her it seems). Her marriage is so love-less she gets emotion from watching Marie, her lodger who is oblivious to the "old folks" but they do care for her, like they would a child (and because of the past)..

A damn fine film, highly recommend it. I wish it was longer, but it was good enough.

Anatomy of a Murder (1959)

I wasn't in the mood for a film like this. And I personally don't find 1950's American culture interesting as well as crime films. Nothing here appeals to me. I don't know whether it is good or bad since it is obviously not the type of film for me.

Woah there! This movie is a classic. Quite simply brilliant!

Duck Soup - 7.5/10. Love the Max brothers.

Papilon - 7.8/10. Not sure if this was based on a true story or not. If it was, the life the prisoners led was terrible.

Nanook of the North (Robert J. Flaherty, 1922)

I need to start watching documentaries for the upcoming list, and what better way to start with the documentary that started it all. Blending the staged elements that film making brings to a real life situation to create something informative and fascinating, some of the scenes are brilliant, this is what cinema is about. A definite classic, a must watch for everyone.

I wasn't in the mood for a film like this. And I personally don't find 1950's American culture interesting as well as crime films. Nothing here appeals to me. I don't know whether it is good or bad since it is obviously not the type of film for me.
Completely understandable. Now if you can remember that "obviously not the type of film for me" is a valid reason for not liking a movie.

The Martian 5/5 loved it