Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) - 7.5/10

Really straightforward, enyoyable Sci-Fi flick. Sci-Fi films are a bit hit and miss for me often i end up really respecting the quality of the film without personally enjoying it that much. So it was a bit of a surprise that i liked this one so much. Just some good entertainment with a simple yet important message.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I found Into The Woods appalling as well-- it's one thing to have good songs in a well-written musical -- another altogether to just randomly burst into song and sing all the dialogue. As I was driving home, my wife burst into the same silly style, about dropping popcorn down her shirt, and slow down idiot, there's a stop sign... we laughed all the way Into The House.

^ Just excruciating to sit through. Most of it was like sitting through two hours of someone scraping their nails down a blackboard... Urgh.[/quote]

BRING IT ON: ALL OR NOTHING (2006)

Shabuya Sha Sha Shabuya Roll Call
Caught girls speaking in textisms 37 times, IMYA, MYSM, IDTS, forgot the rest. Hayden Panettiere (Britney) has to move from preppy elite Pacific Vista High to Crenshaw Heights, in the ghetto, in her senior year, *after* winning cheer captain. Traumatic stuff, she even has a pom-pom funeral, bc who wants to be a cheer whore. Now at her new school, Britney's dubbed frosted flake lip gloss barbie girl by Beyonce's sister, Solange Knowles, cheer captain of Crenshaw. All building towards a competition to appear in Rihanna's upcoming television special. almost forgot i was watchin a cheer squad movie

Rating:
7.0 / 10

Oldboy, Spike Lee.
Well guys, it's probably because I watched the original one several years ago and I didn't remember it very well, but this Spike Lee's remake wasn't as bad as everyone seems to say. I found it to be an honest double-revenge movie with some good scenes, some bad ones (football field), solid acting by Brolin.
6.5/10

The Inbetweeners 2, Damon Beesley and Iain Morris.
Puke jokes? Check.
Poop jokes? Check.
Fart jokes? Check.
Puke and poop jokes combined? Check.
Yeah, I can't help but love these guys. I loved the TV show, I liked the first movie and I liked this one too. I just find these 4 uncool british lads to be hilarious no matter what they do.
7/10

Return of the Jedi

While the whole Endor section in the middle is crap, this movie is still a satisfying conclusion to the series.

Harrison Ford looks fresh off of a Bond poster on that one!

He doesn't even look like himelf tbh. Looks more like a cross between Emilio Estevez and Chuck Norris lol

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) - 7.5/10

Really straightforward, enyoyable Sci-Fi flick. Sci-Fi films are a bit hit and miss for me often i end up really respecting the quality of the film without personally enjoying it that much. So it was a bit of a surprise that i liked this one so much. Just some good entertainment with a simple yet important message.
I watched it too.
Good movie except maybe for the third act, which doesn't work as well as the others. Humans' stupidity is very well portrayed in an unfortunately realistic way (I have no doubts that the way people react in this movie is what would actually happen if aliens visited us), and, as you said, it's good entertainment.
The message is important indeed, but it's also true that it's really, really similar to America's way of acting towards dangerous, or potentially dangerous, countries. It's ironic, really.
7/10

Finished here. It's been fun.

The River

An astonishingly beautiful film, probably my favorite from Renoir.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Cosmopolis
+

A mixed bag for me. It's a subversive and captivating film at points, while at other times it's the sort of banal philosophizing one would expect in a student film. The film is growing on me, so maybe the rating will jump up in time. At the moment it's an "ok" but not great Cronenberg film.

We Are Marshall (2006) - McG

- It's the first time ever that I am being so emotional and nostalgic watching a sports film and the fact that I love football make me feel something special... I cried for the whole 2h10 of the film. I was emotionally invested from beggining to end and that's why I watch films and I never will stop, to live experience like that. The fact that this movie is a real life story is truly insane and you truly saw the impact of a football team on a small community. If you love football and want to have a special moment and watching a true pure football lover movie this is the perfect flick for it. Definitely a new member of my Top 30. Simply brilliant.