Movies everyone else loved but you hated

Tools    

In the Beginning...
The Royal Tenenbaums: I could hardly get through it. It was so dull, and (with the exception of Gene Hackman), the calibur of actors didnt deliver.

AI: Artificial Intelligence: I thought this one was utter trash. It was so poorly put together and written, with such overly negative themes versus little or no positive themes. No balance, no solidarity, and no sense of conclusion really hurt this one. I never thought I'd see a bad Spielberg film.

Traffic: This one was really dull, with no real sense of drama or human feeling. The acting was pretty ho-hum, which is unforgiveable considering the ensemble cast it boasted. I'm generally a fan of Soderberg's work, but that one just bothered me. I also didn't care for the color wash: shooting one half of the movie in blue and the other half in orange just didn't make sense, and didn't add anything to the film.

X-Men 2: A local critic gave this one four stars, and I don't see why. I guess it's because I'm a lifelong X-Men fan, but the film (as a film) had some pretty fundamental problems as well. Acting is still pretty dull from the first one, and some of the locations, like the final dam tunnels, are pretty dull (especially when they've got the Danger Room and NYC to work with, but they don't). I didn't really hate it, because it did do some things right, but it still doesn't satisfy as a solid X-Men supplement. Unlike Spiderman, I just can't feel like I'm watching the X-Men, but a bunch of actors pretending to be X-Men.

Originally Posted by archvile
in my opinion i thought that was jim carry's best film
Then you are in the wrong thread.

EDIT nevermind :P

ET. I just don't get why so many people like it.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by kaisersoze
I will tell you a move I didn't like that a lot of others did:

MULHOLLAND DR. It bothers me that serveral of my friends think that the movie was deep and insightful. I think it had a good idea going and fell apart at the end ... I gave it a second viewing, hell I gave it a 3rd and 4th, the ending still made no sense.

One of my favorite films, and the last third of the film is pure brilliance in my mind. Of course I think the other two-thirds are pure brilliance as well There have been some discussions about the film on these boards, and I recommend checking out a couple of the threads for a ton of useful insight as to what exactly was going on in this incredibly complex film.....

Mullholland Drive and Lynch's films

I didn't like it the first time I saw it, so I also recommend a second viewing....

There are a couple of good viewpoints on the film in the thread, I tend to favor the single dream theory.

_S

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
Originally Posted by Sedai
I didn't like it the first time I saw it, so I also recommend a second viewing....

There are a couple of good viewpoints on the film in the thread, I tend to favor the single dream theory.

_S
BUT I DID WATCH IT NUMEROUS TIMES, I said so in my post above... unfortunately I didn't quite get the "wow" factor that apperently came
to so many others. That is not to say I don't apperciate complex plots, I just don't think this one was done well... dream theory? I think Lynch just tried too hard at being deep.

I gave the link a shot, read a fair bit of it, yet my opinion is unchanged... sorry

a beautiful mind and crouching tiger are two of my fave movies, but I can see just as many people hating them compared to those who like them.

my movie pick for this thread has to be 'a walk to remember' but it might not count coz the hundreds of ppl who said they LOVED the film were just teeny bopper girls who are into that mushy stuff, mainly my sisters friends

Screamingly Innocent...
Charlie's Angel's 1-2
Dare Devil
Star Wars
StarTrek
The Matrix 2-3

others...

A system of cells interlinked
I just thought of a film that many people love and even worship, and I think it is one of the worst pieces of trash ever made, with no redeeming qualities whatsoever....

THE ROCKEY HORROR PICTURE SHOW

This has to be my most despised piece of NON cinema ever....

In the Beginning...
I just thought of a film that many people love and even worship, and I think it is one of the worst pieces of trash ever made, with no redeeming qualities whatsoever....

My friend, we agree.

You didn't like it just because it is so bad, it's good, if you know what i mean.

Originally Posted by archvile
in my opinion i thought that was jim carry's best film

IMO, it's his second best movie. I love Liar Liar, and I'm glad that you did. My fav. part is. . .
*Miranda walks out of elevator*
"Fletcher. . ."
"HOLY HELL!"
And found he was eating his shoe.

Big Fish. I absolutely hated everything about this movie.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

I am having a nervous breakdance
Hair

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I hate all the hubub with Harry Potter & LOTR.

I could never really get in to the LOTR or Matrix trilogies. Although I didn't hate them, I just didn't like them all that much.

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson
I could never really get in to the LOTR or Matrix trilogies. Although I didn't hate them, I just didn't like them all that much.
Well you would be a Turd