Actors You Mistake for Other Actors

Tools    

Titus Welliver for...

James Nesbitt.

Until one of them opens their mouth of course.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
I used to mistake Jeff Bridges and Kurt Russell for each other all the time.
I never got them messed up because I grew up knowing them but I think Russell and Patrick Swayze are dead ringers for each other.
I know, right? Now I'm trying to wrap my head around how I got them mixed up.

Jason Bateman and Nathan Fillon.

And there is, of course, one of the most obvious:

Christine Taylor

Her resemblance to the actress whose character she played in the Brady Bunch movies, Maureen McCormick, is startling:

First of all, it's spelled Melanie Griffith. Second of all, she's had such an ever-increasing amount of plastic surgery in the past fifteen years or so, I don't think she looks much like anybody anymore...especially Melanie Griffith.

Sadly poor Meg Ryan got all insecure or something and now she, too, has started a barrage of procedures that just make her look damn weird...and no longer like herself. If it's just the post-op offness that you see as similar in the two, OK, I guess, but I don't think at any stage before or after they started slicing and dicing their faces have they ever looked even a little bit similar. DEFINITELY not before. I don't know how you can watch Working Girl or Something Wild back-to-back with When Harry Met Sally... or Innerspace and be confused on which actress is which.

So what I'm saying is, I think it's just you.
Pre or post plastic surgery, I really don't see a resemblance between Meg Ryan and Melanie Griffith, but that's just me.

I have to own up to watching all of Slither thinking that Elizabeth Banks was Rachel McAdams. I've since seen more of Elizabeth Banks and I really like her. Similarly I had no idea until recently that she was playing Effie Trinket in The Hunger Games – the character always stood out in the trailer but it was only when I saw some of the original film on TV that I recognised who it was.

For a time, I would confuse Judi Dench and Helen Mirren, and wasn't sure who was who.

Also, Bill Pullman and Bill Paxton because of their names.

Carla Gugino and Carrie Ann Moss.

I often mistake them for one another though Im not sure why - Gugino looks softer in some indefinable way - probably because her face is rounder. But they are very similar!

It's odd you say that, mack. I don't think I've ever mistaken them, however, I find Carla incredibly attractive whereas Carrie Ann barely at all.

It's odd you say that, mack. I don't think I've ever mistaken them, however, I find Carla incredibly attractive whereas Carrie Ann barely at all.
Perhaps it's just the icy roles Carrie Ann Moss has had. I think I've only seen her in The Matrix films and Chocolat.