18. Woman in the Dunes (1964)
19. Spartacus (1960), Kubrick
20. (will not make it)
21. (will not make it)
22. Virgin Spring (1960), Bergman
23. (will not make it)
24. (will not make it)
25. (will not make it)

My list looks like this because I have watched too few 60's movies so far (like about a hundred, maybe less). In fact, I am quite ignorant of many famous 1960's movies like The Wild Bunch.

My futile attempt at predicting the top 10:

10. The Apartment
9. Midnight Cowboy
8. Rosemary's Baby
7. The Graduate
6. Once Upon a Time in the West
5. Lawrence of Arabia
4. Psycho
3. 2001: A Space Odyssey
2. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
1. Dr. Strangelove

I'll play.

10. Who cares?
9. Doesn't matter.
8. Probably something I really don't like
7. Should probably watch it again but have little interest
6. Yet another western?
5. Another one I've not watched in far too long
4. The last western?
3. I don't know
2. Hopefully the most boring film ever made because that'd mean that...
1. ... Psycho is #1. YAY!!!

Unregistered User
Had Persona at 21, it was the first film that I watched from Bergman and he's now one of my favourite directors, I think in hindsight I should have had it higher. Cool Hand Luke didnt make it but it was considered.

Prediction;-
10. Midnight Cowboy
9. Lawrence of Arabia
8. The Apartment
7. Rosemary's Baby
6. The Graduate
5. OUATITW
4. TGTBTU
3. Dr Strangelove
2. 2001
1. Psycho

Should take me up to 20 out of my 25 included I think.

I had Cool Hand Luke as my twenty-second pick, only four points, but I couldn't not include it. Christian allegories don't usually do much for me, but frankly if Jeebus was as magnetic as Paul Newman, I may give that organization another look. The greatest prison movie ever made, and Newman at his iconic heights. It's one of those movies I can't pass when it's on cable. Whether it just started or only has ten minutes left, I am duty bound to watch it.

That's ten of mine, as we enter the top ten.

MY LIST...
5. Army of Shadows (#58)
6. The Wild Bunch (#15)
9. Z (#44)
11. High & Low (#23)
13. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (#21)
17. Bonnie & Clyde (#45)
19. The Battle of Algiers (#69)
21. A Hard Day's Night (#53)
22. Cool Hand Luke (#12)
23. Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (#29)

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

And I'll give a top ten order prediction, as off as it will turn out to be...

1. Psycho
2. 2001: A Space Odyssey
3. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
4. Lawrence of Arabia
5. Dr. Strangelove: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
6. Rosemary's Baby
7. The Graduate
8. Once Upon A Time in the West
9. Midnight Cowboy
10. The Apartment

Six of those are on my list. Yeah, that's right.

Are you gonna give us the near misses, now, Daniel? The 102-130 or whatever?

I had Cool Hand Luke as my twenty-second pick, only four points, but I couldn't not include it. Christian allegories don't usually do much for me, but frankly if Jeebus was as magnetic as Paul Newman, I may give that organization another look. ]
I'm always saying Christianity would be doing so much better if Jesus had eaten 50 unleavened dinner rolls for the apostles.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
And to finish my last 2 posts:

13. To Kill a Mockingbird

A very powerful movie about innocence on a perverted word. The first hour introduces you to the children and even if you don't quite understand what do they have to do with a trial of a black man, the second act of the film will answer it in a magnificent way! It's one of those movies that make you feel a bit uncomfortable with the ugly truth and that's why I love it! The ending is superb! My #14.

12. Cool Hand Luke

A masterpiece of writing and acting! My favourite Paul Newman performance with really heavy and beautiful scenes! I'm glad it's so high! My #20.

11. Persona

Persona was my introduction to Bergman. I remember watching it with my gf and we both had different interpretations of the movie meaning, and that's what every art work is made of. I believe it was my #26, so it didn't make my list! I'm surprised it ranked so high but I'm glad it did.

My list so far:

2. Judgement at Nuremberg
4. Pierrot le Fou
5. The Hole
7. Inherit the Wind
8. Harakiri
9. Fail-Safe
10. The Umbrellas of Cherbourg
13. Lolita
14. To Kill a Mockingbirg
15. Z
17. High and Low
18. For a Few Dollars More
19. The Dirty Dozen
20. Cool Hand Luke
23. The Graduate

The Breakdown...

Midnight Cowboy

3x 1st (75 points), 2x 2nd (48 points), 3rd (23 points), 2x 6th (40 points), 2x 8th (36 points), 9th (17 points), 10th (16 points), 2x 12th (28 points), 2x 13th (26 points), 2x 14th (24 points), 4x 15th (44 points), 16th (10 points), 17th (9 points), 2x 21st (10 points), 22nd (4 points), 23rd (3 points), 2x 24th (4 points), 25th (1 point)

Notes

The film was the only to receive its amount of points, so no tie breaking was needed.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I think I saw Midnight Cowboy the day after I sent it my list. It wouldn't have made it but it's a terrific film nevertheless. Dustin Hoffman performance is glorious!!! Great start to the Top 10!

I watched Midnight Cowboy specifically for this list. I had no real idea what to expect, but what I got was a very engaging story about the friendship between a couple of misfits. Hoffman and Voight both give memorable performances. I had it at #15.

My List
1. Persona (#11)
2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (#101)
3. Woman in the Dunes (#19)
5. Planet of the Apes (#14)
7. Harakiri (#27)
8. Onibaba (#62)
9. Cool Hand Luke (#12)
10. Through A Glass Darkly (#81)
11. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (#21)
15. Midnight Cowboy (#10)
18. In Cold Blood (#78)
21.The Jungle Book (#88)
22. Easy Rider (#38)
23. The Virgin Spring (#67)
25. Something That Didn't Make the One Pointers List

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Persona is better than Midnight Cowboy. It's a shame it made the top 10.

Anyways, so far my prediction is still good. I predict it ends tomorrow though.

Aww really only number 10 I love Midnight Cowboy. I had it at my number 1. I could cry just thinking about it. The love between Joe Buck and Ratso is really special and very touching when you bear in mind the kind of lives they've both had.

I'm not a fan of Midnight Cowboy, though I really wanted to like it. It's due to a rewatch sometimes soon and I hope I will like it more then.

I did a short write-up a long time ago, don't know how well it would fit my current opinion though...

Midnight Cowboy (1969)

Not what I expected at all. The nightmarish sequences and scarred experiences from childhood were a surprise and it worked on occasions and some times it didn't. I loved the acting obviously, and Dustin Hoffmann completely stole the show for me, he was absolutely stunning in this. And without the acting of Hoffmann and Voight I'm not sure if I would've even enjoyed it. The last 30 minutes were quite powerful but the actual story as a whole was not as well structured as I hoped, and the friendship and experiences of each individual was not really enough for this to be a truly great picture. It had its moments, but I'm always honest with movies (and everything else for that matter) so this time around the rating is like this,

Some movies that are so specific to an era may become too dated to connect to, emotionally. Easy Rider is one of those, for me. I can see why it was revolutionary and important, but I don't get terribly involved with it. Midnight Cowboy is as iconic and important and just as wildly dated and incredibly specific to a time and place, but even through that 1969 pastiche of despair, prostitution, and a dash of psychedelia I care ever so deeply about Joe Buck and Ratso Rizzo. That empathy is anchored by two amazing performances, of course, but at the core it is the non-judgmental Humanistic care given to the characters by Waldo Salt's screenplay and John Schlesinger's direction that reels me in. And the Harry Nilsson don't hurt none, either.

I had Midnight Cowboy near the bottom of my list, only two of those 418 points came from me, but like Cool Hand Luke I couldn't very well leave it off. Only five more of mine are coming in these final nine.

MY LIST...
5. Army of Shadows (#58)
6. The Wild Bunch (#15)
9. Z (#44)
11. High & Low (#23)
13. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (#21)
17. Bonnie & Clyde (#45)
19. The Battle of Algiers (#69)
21. A Hard Day's Night (#53)
22. Cool Hand Luke (#12)
23. Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (#29)
24. Midnight Cowboy (#10)