AdamUpBxtch's Top 50 Favorite Films

→ in
Tools    

I love Tremors! Great selection!
I love how they're on rocks in the middle of nowhere, trapped.

Then suddenly.. hey lets all use these random pole vaults laying here and get to safety

18. Jaws (1975) Drama, Thriller
Rotten Tomatoes: 97%

IMDB: 8.1/10

Directed by: Steven Spielberg

Starring: Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw, Richard Dreyfuss, Susan Backlinie, Carl Gottlieb, Lorraine Gary, Chris Rebello, Jay Mello, & Murray Hamilton

Plot: When a young woman is killed by a shark while skinny-dipping near the New England tourist town of Amity Island, police chief Martin Brody (Roy Scheider) wants to close the beaches, but mayor Larry Vaughn (Murray Hamilton) overrules him, fearing that the loss of tourist revenue will cripple the town. Ichthyologist Matt Hooper (Richard Dreyfuss) and grizzled ship captain Quint (Robert Shaw) offer to help Brody capture the killer beast, and the trio engage in an epic battle of man vs. nature.

"We're gonna need a bigger boat"

One of the most iconic quotes in movie history. I think it is safe to say my favorite Director of all time is Steven Spielberg, so many great works under his belt. Jaws is no exception this thing is an intense thriller ride from the beginning to end.

17. Pirates of the Caribbean: the Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
Adventure, Fantasy
Rotten Tomatoes: 79%

IMDB: 8.1/10

Directed by: Gore Verbinski

Starring: Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Geoffrey Rush, Kevin McNally, Jack Davenport, Jonathan Pryce, Martin Klebba, Lee Arenberg, Zoe Saldana, & Mackenzie Crook

Plot: Capt. Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) arrives at Port Royal in the Caribbean without a ship or crew. His timing is inopportune, however, because later that evening the town is besieged by a pirate ship. The pirates kidnap the governor's daughter, Elizabeth (Keira Knightley), who's in possession of a valuable coin that is linked to a curse that has transformed the pirates into the undead. A gallant blacksmith (Orlando Bloom) in love with Elizabeth allies with Sparrow in pursuit of the pirates.

Despite the sequels not living up to it Curse of the Black Pearl is one of my favorites.Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow is pretty perfect really. It does get old throughout the sequels but the first time seeing Jack Sparrow and all his eccentric and goofiness was fun and entertaining to watch. and this one was actually quite an adventure.

16. Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
Comedy, Drama, Romance

Rotten Tomatoes: 92%

IMDB: 7.8/10

Directed by: David O. Russell

Starring: Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Robert DeNiro, Jacki Weaver, Chris Tucker, Julia Stiles, Anupam Kher, John Ortiz, Shea Whigham, Dash Mihok, & Brea Bee

Plot: After losing his job and wife, and spending time in a mental institution, Pat Solatano (Bradley Cooper) winds up living with his parents (Robert De Niro, Jacki Weaver). He wants to rebuild his life and reunite with his wife, but his parents would be happy if he just shared their obsession with the Philadelphia Eagles. Things get complicated when Pat meets Tiffany (Jennifer Lawrence), who offers to help him reconnect with his wife, if he will do something very important for her in exchange.

The only Romantic Comedy I've ever liked, and I think many know why I do . The cast is fantastic (When I saw Chris Tucker was in it I immediately had to check this out) This is my first intro to Jennifer Lawrence ever (I had no clue who she was before this movie) and damn that was a hell of an introduction. Many damn well know why she won that Oscar lol. She has elevated every movie I've seen of hers since (Besides the Hunger Games not even she can make those movies entertaining for me). I'm not the biggest Bradley Cooper fan but I didn't mind him in this film he was good.

I haven't seen SLP, but I hated American Hustle so I'm not in much hurry to check out more David O. Russell.

And I like The Hunger Games movies. Great cinema they are not, but they're entertaining enough.

I haven't seen SLP, but I hated American Hustle so I'm not in much hurry to check out more David O. Russell.

And I like The Hunger Games movies. Great cinema they are not, but they're entertaining enough.
Yeah I'm not a fan of American Hustle either, she was the only good part of AH for me. She is fantastic in SLP though you gotta watch that., the entire cast is great including DeNiro he is much better in SLP than AH.

15. The Silence of the Lambs (1991) Thriller
Rotten Tomatoes: 94%

IMDB: 8.6/10

Directed by: Jonathan Demme

Starring: Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Ted Levine, Scott Glenn, Kasi Lemmons, Brooke Smith, Anthony Heald, Kenneth Utt, & Frankie Faison

Plot: Jodie Foster stars as Clarice Starling, a top student at the FBI's training academy. Jack Crawford (Scott Glenn) wants Clarice to interview Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins), a brilliant psychiatrist who is also a violent psychopath, serving life behind bars for various acts of murder and cannibalism. Crawford believes that Lecter may have insight into a case and that Starling, as an attractive young woman, may be just the bait to draw him out.

"PUT THE LOTION IN THE BASKET!"

I seriously never knew where that saying was from until I had the fortune(misfortune?) of sitting down and watching Silence of the Lambs on Netflix for the first time. Anthony Hopkins is creepy's father, grandfather, and ancestor. Anthony owns it in the role of Lector. The movie was great. Suspenseful with a dash of horror added in there. This is one of those serial killer movies that sticks with you long after the credits have quit rolling.

Jaws is in my Top 5 , Pirates Of The Caribbean on my Top 20 and Silver Linings Playbook on my Top 100 great choice !

14. Starship Troopers (1997) Action, Sci-Fi
Rotten Tomatoes: 63%

IMDB: 7.2/10

Directed by: Paul Verhoeven

Starring: Casper Van Dien, Denise Richards, Neil Patrick Harris, Dina Meyers, Jake Busey, Michael Ironside, Clancy Brown, Patrick Muldoon, & Seth Gilliam

Plot: In the distant future, the Earth is at war with a race of giant alien insects. Little is known about the Bugs except that they are intent on the eradication of all human life. But there was a time before the war... A Mobile Infantry travels to distant alien planets to take the war to the Bugs. They are a ruthless enemy with only one mission: Survival of their species no matter what the cost.

The sequel to this is on my list of the worse movies I've ever watched but Starship Troopers is one of those movies that I realize it isn't the best acting. The acting is pretty cheesy but It is pretty appropriate for the tone of the film. Many fans of the books are pretty mad with the adaption but I think it was a fantastic Sci-Fi adventure. It's pretty much my guilty pleasure. Love it.