Movie Tab II

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Yeah, Berlin Alexanderplatz can be treated as mini-series, too. I know it's been screened in its entirety at least once, so it counts as a film, too. As far as I remember it has credits at the beginning of every episode just like a TV series.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Out 1 is about 3 hours shorter than Berlin Alexanderplatz, it's the closest I've seen to something of that length. Out 1 is segmented into 8 parts, and each part begins with title cards and a series of black and white stills from the previous episode, though the selection often seems random in nature. It was segmented like this in the naive hoped by Rivette that it would be shown on French TV, which it never was. Rivette says the proper way to watch it is in its entirety in a theater, though most of the time when it's shown, it's in two halves on two separate days. I'll get around to Berlin Alexanderplatz one of these days but I've never really been drawn to Fassbinder so far.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
SyFy channel killer creature marathon!
Lake Placid 3
Lake Placid: The Final Chapter
Lake Placid vs. Anaconda
Robocroc
Dinocroc vs. Supergator

Rating: Awesomesauce!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou OVA (1998)

Incredible slice of life direct to video film, the manga is superior though, a masterpiece of graphic fiction.

Snowpiercer (2013)

Mediocre thriller, characters have the depth of a cartoon.

Starship Girl Yamamoto Yoko OVA (1996)

Gunbuster (1988)
(masterpiece indeed!)

Brazil (1985)

Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker (2012)
(perhaps the worst animated film ever made)

Mass Effect: Paragon Lost (2012)

Starship Troopers: Invasion (2012)

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls (2013)

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks (2014)

The Piano Teacher (meh)

Nuit #1 (pleasantly surprised)

Donnie Brasco (Love Al Pacino)

Dead Man Walking (Love Sean Penn)

all on Netflix

The Road Warrior (Rewatch) (George Miller, 1981)
+

Heavy Metal (Gerald Potterton, 1981)
-

Once Upon a Time in the West (Sergio Leone, 1968)
+

Ruby Sparks (Jonathan Dayton, Valerie Faris, 2012)

La Haine (Mathieu Kassovitz, 1995)
+

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Snowpiercer (2013)

Brazil (1985)

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls (2013)

Wait, so My Little Pony gets a higher rating than Brazil or Snowpiercer? I must question your rating system.

I watched:

Donnie Darko - I've seen this a ton of times since it first came out, and it just gets better each time. I love that while it's a dark sort of film, it's also hilariously funny. I still dislike the "director's cut" version for holding the viewer's hand and making the film less enigmatic. The theatrical version is where it's at.

I'm just saying Brazil is a masterpiece.
Brazil is the worst title ever. It has nothing to do with the country Brazil!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Storage 24 (Johannes Roberts, 2012)

The Sea Beast aka Troglodyte (Paul Ziller, 2008)

Jack the Reaper (Kimberly Seilhamer, 2011)
-
Little Big Man (Arthur Penn, 1970)

Jack Crabb aka Little Big Man (Dustin Hoffman) is adopted by the Cheyenne and his “grandfather”, Old Lodge Skins (Chief Dan George) and learns the differences between the white man and the human beings.
Don’t Blink (Travis Oates, 2014)
-
The Amityville Horror (Andrew Douglas, 2005)

Java Heat (Conor Allyn, 2013)

The Wind (Victor Seastrom, 1928)
+

A naïve girl (Lillian Gish) from back east finds difficult the transition to the hard life on the west, especially the incessant wind.
The Big House (George Hill, 1930)

Without Lying Down: Frances Marion and the Power of Women in Hollywood (Bridget Taylor, 2000)

The Champ (King Vidor, 1931)

Inland Empire (David Lynch, 2006)
-

The rabbit family plays a big part in the film and is actually many peoples’ most-disturbing part.
I Love You, Alice B. Toklas! (Hy Averbeck, 1968)

Little Nicky (Steven Brill, 2000)

Chicken Little (Mark Dindal, 2005)

Deathdream aka Dead of Night (Bob Clark, 1974)

His parents (John Marley and Lynn Carlin) are relieved but startled when Richard Backus, officially listed as killed in action in Vietnam, returns home.
The Three Musketeers (Rowland V. Lee, 1935)
+
Goofy Movies Number One (Jules White, 1933)

Mine Games (Richard Gray, 2013)

Rancho Notorious (Fritz Lang, 1952)

Revenge-seeking Arthur Kennedy looks for a murderer at the horse ranch hideout owned by Marlene Dietrich who’s aided by gunslinger Mel Ferrer.

The Wind is awesome.
Inland Empire is a masterpiece.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yes, Inland Empire was raised because only about half of it is ridiculously overlong and muddled, so that means there are a few interesting ideas scattered through the better 90 minutes. The other 90 minutes is still mostly BS, no matter how much I might admire some of Laura Dern's performance. It's still frustrating, and I don't feel like crawling up Lynch's ass with him to "appreciate" it. I watched it twice this time, so that's five times I've seen it now. The Wind, especially the last half, blows it away anyhow.

Brazil is the worst title ever. It has nothing to do with the country Brazil!
The movie's main song is a Brazilian song called Aquarela do Brazil. That's the only reason for the movie's title. Though there are similarities, Brazil is an extremely bureaucratic country and if you wanna live there you have to trick the system just like the main characters in the movie try to do.