The 2014 MoFie Award Ceremonies

Tools    

Master of My Domain
Oh and seriously CS is too talented to be wasting time on an Internet forum.

Just got to read all of your post Spaulding. I had no idea you were using dial up. Mad respect for the patience and the dedication it takes to come here day after day and have the presence on the forum that you have given the limitations of your connection.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm striving hard towards an award next year. I think my best chance for one is to disappear and win either the We Miss You award or wish you would post more

I'm striving hard towards an award next year. I think my best chance for one is to disappear and win either the We Miss You award or wish you would post more
Summon the Sexy Curse.

Wait -- don't summon the Sexy Curse.

You're my twin. I'll probably die the same day you die.

I voted for myself in all but the Desert Island category, which is funny because if I had voted for myself in that category I would've actually won the whole thing.
Miss Vicky, if I had been allowed to submit a ballot ... and why wasn't I, you macho sh!theads?!

Anyway, if I had been allowed to submit a ballot, I would have voted to be stranded on that island with you, dear! I enjoyed that commentary I had with you that once where you watched ... I forget what it was. I think it was an Elvis Presley movie. And I watched my movie, Tootsie!

I also would have voted for that Sexy Celebrity for "Funniest MoFo."

What a great speech there by Captain Spaulding ! Makes me appreciate your posts more now mate. Must be so frustrating .
Come on America, you can shoot a gnat down in Afghanistan, sort out your rural broadband !

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Congratulations for your Awards, more than deserved CS!

Whatever happens, you have my nomination for best Post of 2015!

(oh, and use a trombone, not a tuba, it's longer! )

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Smart trick, Cobpyth! With that 'favourite username'! You caught me, because I thought it's MovieGal who typed it in the first place. ;O

I voted for my other half.. Mr Minio.. we share a bond of perverted films.... I have some more I need to share with him.... he took me to the Mofo prom too.... ah Minio... we need to find some more sickly perverted films! and bicker over them!!!
I would gladly go with you to the cinema to watch some perverted films. Some pinku would be swell!
But I'm more persistent! And Minio proposes to everybody, don't trust him!
False! I didn't propose to mark f, The Rodent, JayDee, or Gabrielle. Damn, I actually regret the last one...
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Forced with no other option, I went with dial-up.
Holy s*it, dial-up still exists? I thought that had gone the way of VHS, beepers and the Walkman. It makes your efforts even more impressive and commendable.

I can't express how annoyed it makes me when I see someone receive +14 rep for only posting a rating and a screenshot of Goodfellas, while someone on the same page takes the time to write down their thoughts on a lesser known film and only receives +3 rep for their trouble.
Amen brother, amen!

I was just happy to be nominated for Best Reviewer. I voted for JayDee because he deserved it the most. I know from experience that it takes a long damn time to write long, in-depth reviews. I feel exhausted after doing so, which is why I go long periods of time without reviewing anything. Yet JayDee churns out these novella-sized reviews with regularity. I'm in awe of him, to be honest.
Aw dude I'm tearing up. Let's hug it out man.

Threw that gif in just for you to make your dial-up earn its keep.

God, it must take MONTHS -- maybe years -- for Captain Spaulding's dial-up to finish loading one of JayDee's reviews.

God, it must take MONTHS -- maybe years -- for Captain Spaulding's dial-up to finish loading one of JayDee's reviews.
I bet he's only actually read JayDee's Satantango review.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I was just happy to be nominated for Best Reviewer. I voted for JayDee because he deserved it the most. I know from experience that it takes a long damn time to write long, in-depth reviews. I feel exhausted after doing so, which is why I go long periods of time without reviewing anything. Yet JayDee churns out these novella-sized reviews with regularity.
Actually CS makes a good point! Everytime I try to write a real review it takes me the whole damn afternoon and I am exhausted when I finish! JayDee, does it get easier with the practice or you still take some time writing?

Yeah, I have no clue how JayDee does it. Not only does he write long reviews but they are excellently written. That's magical, man...

It doesn't take long for me to write a review. On average, I say it takes a half hour -- though it doesn't even really feel like it.

A JayDee review... I'd say that's a two hour or less job. Especially since I hear he has the special ability to write 10,000 pages every 10 minutes.

I imagine what takes the most time is researching stuff about the movie. Getting special facts -- that kind of thing. That probably takes extra time. I'll say three hours per review, at least. And I don't think he writes it all at once.

It depends on the mood your in and if you know what you're going to write. my typing speed is incredibly fast so if the thoughts just come from my head naturally and really quickly, I can get some reviews done in like ten minutes. I guess Jaydee takes his time and researches, formats it, ec. he's a perfectionist, like SC says, I don't think he just does them in one go.